All times are UTC

Post subject: 2020-21 season
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:43 pm 

What have we to look forward to?
Who will come?
Who do we need to come?
Who will go?
Will we be able to go?
Will Eufa be disbanded and all its executives be charged with corruption?
Will Sergio be fit for long enough.?
Will Liverpool demand a public enquiry as to why KDB was player of the year?
Will we resign Berti?
Will some more members come back to this site?
Ask me again at Easter.

Post subject: Re: 2020-21 season
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:51 am 

What have we to look forward to? We'll win something, probably
Who will come? Koulibaly and maybe a striker
Who do we need to come? Any new central defender
Who will go? Garcia/Stones and Zinchenko.
Will we be able to go? No
Will Eufa be disbanded and all its executives be charged with corruption? No. They will sign new ones as cover
Will Sergio be fit for long enough.? Long enough to win the league cup.
Will Liverpool demand a public enquiry as to why KDB was player of the year? For them St. Henderson won. Everything else is fake news.
Will we resign Berti? He should have never left. But re-signing Carson makes up for it
Will some more members come back to this site? Impossible! :TopHat1
Ask me again at Easter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:05 pm 

O Blue wrote:
What have we to look forward to? We'll win something, probably
Who will come? Koulibaly and maybe a striker
Who do we need to come? Any new central defender
Who will go? Garcia/Stones and Zinchenko.
Will we be able to go? No
Will Eufa be disbanded and all its executives be charged with corruption? No. They will sign new ones as cover
Will Sergio be fit for long enough.? Long enough to win the league cup.
Will Liverpool demand a public enquiry as to why KDB was player of the year? For them St. Henderson won. Everything else is fake news.
Will we resign Berti? He should have never left. But re-signing Carson makes up for it
Will some more members come back to this site? Impossible! :TopHat1
Ask me again at Easter.

Yeah I reckon that all fits. I know we were in for Untiti a year or two back, not really seen owt of him, is he decent? Worth a punt now Norman is clearing house?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:31 pm 

Having said that, could bag Messi...
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:33 am 

Not sure which is more extraordinary, that he has handed his request in....or that he faxed it. Who owns a fax nowadays...?!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:18 pm 

Fax may be a mistranslation apparently. Can see the point to an extent, emails can be faked, but a time stamped bit of paper with transmission data at both ends... But yeah. Next to the betamax player.
Quote:
Manchester City believe they have a chance of signing Lionel Messi after the forward told Barcelona he wants to leave.

Where next for Lionel Messi after his decision to leave Barcelona?
Pep Guardiola was Messi’s manager at Barcelona for four hugely successful seasons from 2008-12 and would love to be reunited with the 33-year-old. He had never anticipated Messi leaving the Camp Nou but City, whose chief executive Ferran Soriano and director of football Txiki Begiristain also worked at Barcelona, will try to secure a deal.

It is understood City are banking on being able to get Messi on a free or for a relatively minimal fee, and a legal battle may determine that. Messi’s camp believes a clause in his contract means he can walk away for nothing. Barcelona, by contrast, insist that he is still bound by a €700m (£629m) buy-out clause.

A clause in Messi’s contract allows him to leave for no fee provided he communicates that decision, which he did by burofax – in effect a recorded letter – on Tuesday afternoon.

City will not be alone in trying to lure Lionel Messi, whose salary is understood to be about £500,000 a week.
City will not be alone in trying to lure Lionel Messi, whose salary is understood to be about £500,000 a week. Photograph: Andreu Dalmau/EPA
Barcelona believe the deadline for that clause to be applied has expired, arguing he had to inform them before the end of May. But given the exceptional nature of this season, which extended into the summer and did not formally end until the Champions League final last Sunday, Messi’s camp are set to argue the deadline should be set on 31 August.

Lionel Messi tells Barcelona he wants to leave but faces legal battle over clause
The club replied by burofax to Messi to tell him they want him to stay. If Barcelona accept that he can leave but not on a free, they will realistically be forced to drop their demand for €700m and negotiate a price.

Sporting director Ramón Planes insisted on Wednesday that Barcelona want to build a team around Messi.

Speaking at the official unveiling of £27.8m (€31m) signing Francisco Trincão, Planes said: “We are not contemplating any kind of departure because what we want is for Messi to stay. We only have enormous respect for Leo Messi. Barça and Leo are like a marriage, where both have given so much to each other and have brought so much joy to the fans.

“As we’ve said many times, as [new head coach Ronald] Koeman and the president have said and my position as technical secretary, we count on Messi for the future, just as we count on Trincão as a talent of the future, and we have heard that he will play alongside the greatest player in the history, the greatest player in the world.

Francisco Trincão, seen here against Rangers in February, has signed for Barcelona from Braga.
Francisco Trincão, seen here against Rangers in February, has signed for Barcelona from Braga. Photograph: Malcolm Mackenzie/ProSports/Shutterstock
“These things happen and we hope we will come back stronger from the defeat at the end of last season. What’s happened has happened and our idea is to build a team around the most important player in the world.”

On Tuesday night several hundred Barcelona fans gathered outside the Camp Nou chanting for Messi to stay and for the resignation of club president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, who has no intention at the moment of resigning.

City will not be alone in trying to sign Messi, whose salary is understood to be about £500,000 a week and who has one year left on his contract. Paris Saint-Germain are expected to be among other interested clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 am 

Party of me excited, part of me really don't want us to fork out stupid money. Stupid money.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:44 pm 

Could it actually happen..
Sergio has took the 10 off his insta name.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:41 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Could it actually happen..
Sergio has took the 10 off his insta name.

Nah, off apparently.

Quote:
Lionel Messi has confirmed he will remain at Barcelona for another season having previously stated his intention to leave the club on a free transfer.

In an interview with Goal.com on Friday, the Argentina forward said: “I wasn’t happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will stay at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster.”

Messi, whose camp believed that a clause in his contract meant he could walk away for no fee, added: “There was another way (out) and it was to go to trial. I would never go to court against Barca because it is the club that I love. Barça gave me everything and I gave it everything. I know that it never crossed my mind to take Barça to court.”

The 33-year-old revealed that he had informed president Josep Maria Bartomeu of his intention to leave “all year” and his mind was already made up before their 8-2 thrashing by Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

“He believed it was time to step aside,” Messi said. “I believed that the club needed more young people, new people and I thought my time in Barcelona was over, feeling very sorry because I always said that I wanted to finish my career here. It was a very difficult year, I suffered a lot in training, in games and in the dressing room.

“Everything became very difficult for me and there came a time when I considered looking for new goals, new air. It did not come because of the Champions League result against Bayern, the decision had been thinking about it for a long time. I told the president and well, the president always said that at the end of the season I could decide if I wanted to go or if I wanted to stay and in the end he did not end up keeping his word ”. I suffered a lot this year and I thought about taking a step to the side.”

Messi also admitted that his family had started crying when he informed them of his decision to leave but only the prospect of a court battle with Barcelona had changd his mind.

“When I communicated this to my wife and children, it was a barbaric drama,” he said. “The whole family crying, my children did not want to leave Barcelona, ​​nor did they want to change schools. Now I am going to continue in the club because the president told me that the only way to leave was to pay the 700 million clause, that this is impossible.”

Earlier, Messi’s father and representative Jorge revealed the contents of a letter he had written to the Spanish league to reiterate that he is not obliged to pay his €700m buyout clause in order to unilaterally depart Barcelona this summer. The league immediately replied by reiterating their position, describing Messi Sr’s claims of lacking context and going against the wording of the contract.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:00 pm 

Not really surprised. Didn’t think he would come

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:27 pm 

Well Laporte and Mahrez have tested positive for Co-vid. Greenwood and Foden just been dropped from the England squad for having girls back at their hotel in Iceland and will have to remain in Iceland, not sure what that means for getting back here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:11 am 

Every one has tore into young Phil and greenwood.
They don't need hanging out to dry ,the need a bit of understanding and a arm around the shoulder.
And to learn from this little cluster fuck..

I saw a pic of the girls in question , I can't say I blame em, young lads being lads .. :whistle:

We need to pin down this koubaliy lad though. Fucking dragging the arse out of that one for sure.

Gutted about Messi. Even if it was just to piss off everyone else.
Didn't think it would happen, hoped it would though.
Still you never know.. January if he's still knarked off at Barca..

Dirty Leeds put 3 past the dippers, should have had a point really.
Like Kevin said, it's alright to win it, but harder to defend it..

Im Having them for 3rd place city top, chavs 2nd, le arse 4...u*d 11th.. :TopHat1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 pm 

Great result tonight, horrible first fixture away to Wolves. How we do this season will depend on Laporte and Ake playing the vast majority of the games. And when one of them isn’t available, Ferna should step in. Stones just doesn’t know where the danger is, and he never will if he doesn’t by now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:09 am 

Without getting ahead of myself, (and let's remember it was Palace who are godawful right now) I thought that performance resembled the Pep team that won the league in 17/18. Fluid, ruthless, creative, qualitative and dogged. After a rusty start it appears we have it in our hands now. We have 4 very winnable fixtures up next and then we play l'pool.

Diaz, Stones and Laporte when he returns could be the defence we need.

I feel like a bunsen burner has been turned up on my gooch and I needed to share that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 am 

I have to admit I’m feeling better about City now than I have for a long time. Somewhere along the way we became a team that can defend, thanks to the arrival of Dias and the reemergence of Stones, who I had totally written off. Cancelo and Gundogan have really shone this season too, and of course we have the best footballer in the world in Kevin “the groin” De Bruyne. I don’t think it would hurt to pick up a striker before the window closes, but other than that I’d say we’re in good shape to win a few competitions this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:35 am 

Yes I can agree with that. I have long been a fan of Gonedoggin', and he has stepped up again this season.

We have an amazing squad, I was going to name a few of the best, but there was few I could leave out.

Also notably l'pool aren't firing as they were last season. Long way to go but perhaps united and the foxes will be in the race too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 pm 

All this without Sergio!
Sergio now has covidAs I write the scouse are struggling at Burnley.
As that nice Matt Hancock says there is light at the end of the tunnel——- till something goes wrong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:10 am 

Ilkay Gonedog is like a Nigel de Jong that can shoot. He wins balls, defends and then gets forward. He is a very important part of this team, particularly while Kev is out.

Cancelo has also noticeably grown in to the team, we have so many players all playing their parts so well currently. I dont think anyone is playing poorly.

Yes I know it was only W Brom, but a win against a top 4 team is worth the same as a win against a lower table team. We look good right now, really good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 pm 

Gun dog was absolutely outstanding yesterday. First half was one of the best 45 minutes of football I’ve seen from anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:47 pm 

And Cancelo wasn’t far behind.