Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Kompany
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:03 pm 

Kompany will miss the Euros,

I'll miss the Euros.

To me that's very sad news.

So I could be standing here, feeling sorry for myself. I could fear for my career, as others may do. I could give up.That is not me.

I decide on my future .

There is a bigger picture to everything in life and only failing to see it, will cause me to fail.
I am a hard worker and a fighter and if you are too, then you know that, to people like us, success can come in many forms. We trust ourselves when the going gets tough.

I have the greatest respect for those who overcome their personal challenges in life with a positive attitude.
I want to live up to that.

So I remain calm and positive. I will continue to follow my path and I will do so with more conviction than ever.

I trust my friends and teammates to do well and do us proud at the next European Championships in France. I am now officially their most fervent supporter and I will be there to support them.

Written from my hospital,

Never giving up,

Vincent Kompany

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:39 pm 

It might not be something a positive mental attitude can fix. Dude needs a calf transplant.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:51 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
It might not be something a positive mental attitude can fix. Dude needs a calf transplant.

confirmed to be out for 4 months. I wouldn't count on him being one of the 4 CBs for next season.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:47 pm 

Thigh this time was it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:46 pm 

10 years a blue.

Absolutley love him. Right up there with Zaba as my favorite players of all time.

I'll give Mendy a few more seasons before he joins those guys as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:56 am 

Giving his testimonial money to Manchester's homeless.

What a guy. Just imagine how much smack they'll be able to get with all that dosh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:39 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Giving his testimonial money to Manchester's homeless.

What a guy. Just imagine how much smack they'll be able to get with all that dosh

Smack....that's old news mate.
They are all about the spice these days...

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:40 am 

Vincent Kompany played his last game for Manchester City in Saturday’s FA Cup final victory over Watford.

The defender has decided to call time on his 11-year association with the Club having won four Premier League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups and two Community Shields.

In total, he has played 360 times, scoring 20 goals.

Paying tribute to Kompany's huge contribution to the Club's success, City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "There have been many important contributors to Manchester City’s renaissance, but arguably none are more important than Vincent Kompany.

"He defines the essence of the club. For a decade he has been the lifeblood, the soul, and beating heart of a supremely talented squad.

"A booming voice in the dressing room yet a quiet and measured ambassador off it, Vincent can be as proud of himself as we are of him.

"I am not sure he expected to lift the Premier League trophy on four occasions during his captaincy but he will be remembered and revered whenever this period of unprecedented City success is spoken about by future generations.

"His leadership, intelligence and determination have seen him adapt brilliantly to playing under four different managers and overcome some debilitating injuries. He is a special character who has answered every demand the club has made of him.

"We now look forward to celebrating his testimonial match in September so that we can properly celebrate his City contribution. He will always be part of the City family."

Commenting on his decision, Kompany said: "As overwhelming as it is, the time has come for me to go. And what a season to bow out. I feel nothing but gratefulness. I am grateful to all those who supported me on a special journey, at a very special club. I remember the first day, as clear as I see the last. I remember the boundless kindness I received from the people of Manchester.

"I will never forget how all Man City supporters remained loyal to me in good times and especially bad times. Against the odds you have always backed me and inspired me to never give up.

"Sheikh Mansour changed my life and that of all the City fans around the world, for that I am forever grateful. A blue nation has arisen and challenged the established order of things, I find that awesome.

"I cherish the counsel and leadership of a good human being, Khaldoon Al Mubarak. Man City could not be in better hands."

To read Vincent’s statement in full go to his official Facebook page HERE

An announcement on Vincent’s next steps will follow imminently.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:40 am 

I'm gutted..
Absolutely took the shine off a stunning a achievement.
Off to Anderlecht.

We should have offered him a contract and a position within the club.
He deserves way better.

Best leader we have ever had.

True club legend and deserves that statue.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:24 pm 

Tbh he's going back to the club he was at from 6 years old, as player manager. I don't think any amount of money could pip that offer. Good luck to him, and i hope we see him back with us in some capacity in the future.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:28 pm 

Well this is a loss. I've been sad about departures before; the Goat, Ali Bernabia, Shauny, Joe Hart, Glauber Bertie, Yaya (I've missed many I know)...but none cast a shadow next to Vincent. A centre half of world-class ability possibly only eclipsed by his humility, fair play and philanthropy. A multiple premiership-winning captain at that.

All round top fella. It is a shame these things must come to an end, but perhaps he leaves while the party is still fun and best to be remembered that way as his days grow longer. If Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee are a previous generation to me, then be assured you will not be forgotten by mine or the next generation Vincent.

Proper Captain. Premier League legend. City legend. Salut Vincent.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:28 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Well this is a loss. I've been sad about departures before; the Goat, Ali Bernabia, Shauny, Joe Hart, Glauber Bertie, Yaya (I've missed many I know)...but none cast a shadow next to Vincent. A centre half of world-class ability possibly only eclipsed by his humility, fair play and philanthropy. A multiple premiership-winning captain at that.

All round top fella. It is a shame these things must come to an end, but perhaps he leaves while the party is still fun and best to be remembered that way as his days grow longer. If Colin Bell and Mike Summerbee are a previous generation to me, then be assured you will not be forgotten by mine or the next generation Vincent.

Proper Captain. Premier League legend. City legend. Salut Vincent.

I've actually seen someone lay out the line of "captain, leader, legend" for vinnie, i hasten to add they are not a city fan either, and then talk about his work for the homeless charity in manchester was heart warming. to think who that line is usually applied to and then consider vinnie is galling. Kompany is a fine human being, and a fucking exceptional player that we have had the good fortune to have on our books for over a decade. Honestly, if i read that he had turned down the offer to go to anderlecht on those terms i would've been surprised and somewhat disappointed. sad to see him go, but if players leave us to end their careers where they started out, like aguero's stated intention, then it sits well with me.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:45 am 

I'd like to echo the last two posts.
Well said boys.
And he goes out with a mic drop.

Fair well Vinny. Come home soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:10 pm 

So many memories, so much gratitude.Hopefully he’ll spend a couple of years turning Anderlecht around and be ready in the wings when Pep decides its time to move on.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:45 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
So many memories, so much gratitude.Hopefully he’ll spend a couple of years turning Anderlecht around and be ready in the wings when Pep decides its time to move on.

Arteta is next, then Viennie.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:05 pm 

Nice that he gets a send-off match. Be interesting who plays for both teams*. Won't be going me, cos at best guess I live 15,000 kms away. And yes us foreigners speak in kms.

* City: Dunnie, Shaun, Micah, Dickov, Dixon, Horlock, The Goat....? Any ideas!

P.S. While I am at it, does anyone remember how good a player Ali Bernabia was? He and Berkovich were a scintillating MF combination. Berko not quite as good as he was a bit of a diver and a nonce. Ali was fucking brilliant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6