Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:01 am 

To all that are still here and lurk, have a Wonderful Christmas and be it a happy one

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:05 pm 

Have a good one blues.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:07 pm 

Christmas fucking over already bastard Foxes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:31 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Christmas fucking over already bastard Foxes.

Fucking city..sack em all.

Happy Christmas.ya filthy animals...

Were still champions...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:27 pm 

Happy christmas hangovers, and very good new years ya bastids

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:40 am 

Merry Christmas and HNY to the 3 or 4 people that still visit the forum. Hope it is your best year yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:09 am 

I'm kicking anxietys arse this year. Happy new year to you all and hope it's a bloody good one.

I almost kicked it off in style by breaking my toe on my dumbbell.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 pm 

All the best my pals..
Hny...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:17 pm 

You might want to wait till after Thursday before addressing any anxiety issues Gal.

Happy new year everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:46 am 

SEC has a point there Gal. But I do hope you can get rid of it or at least manage it. I am on daily medication for anxiety/depression, on half a tab of the lowest possible dose available. I would prefer to be on none but I am pleased I have it as low as this. I may try and move to a half every other day soon, and hopefully then move to none. It's not easy, life's not. I am not recommended you get medicated but definitely get advice, it is way too hard without help.

Go get 'em Gal!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
SEC has a point there Gal. But I do hope you can get rid of it or at least manage it. I am on daily medication for anxiety/depression, on half a tab of the lowest possible dose available. I would prefer to be on none but I am pleased I have it as low as this. I may try and move to a half every other day soon, and hopefully then move to none. It's not easy, life's not. I am not recommended you get medicated but definitely get advice, it is way too hard without help.

Go get 'em Gal!

I turned to the drink many many years ago to help/ignore it and we know where that ended up.

I've tried CBT since which helped, it definitely changed my mindset a bit, i then volunteered with the same organisation for a bit till it went under.

Sometimes you can give the best advice to someone in a similar situation but you can never take it on board yourself when needed. I try and keep positive and not surround myself with negativity.

Definitely sounds like you're going in the right direction and i hope one day soon you will be able to go without.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:10 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

Go get 'em Gal!

I turned to the drink many many years ago to help/ignore it and we know where that ended up.

I've tried CBT since which helped, it definitely changed my mindset a bit, i then volunteered with the same organisation for a bit till it went under.

Sometimes you can give the best advice to someone in a similar situation but you can never take it on board yourself when needed. I try and keep positive and not surround myself with negativity.

Definitely sounds like you're going in the right direction and i hope one day soon you will be able to go without.

:greetings-waveyellow: So true.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:59 pm 

Booze definitely doesn't help but it's just so good. :(

Happy Christmas everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:07 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

Go get 'em Gal!

going pill free is always good if it works for you, but i take the view that if you need to use a walking stick and you've gotten the hang of it, why chuck it away and hobble? mental health is the same as physical health, you use whatever aids you need to keep you going. I far too often see folk who say they are fine dropping their meds... and going off the deep end shortly after when they hit the smallest of speed bumps. caveat of this is their mental health may be a lot more precarious to begin with, anti-psychotics being a different kettle of fish to anti-anxiety meds, but it's not exclusive to proper balls out schizophrenics, good friends with anxiety have not stuck to treatment plans and have fucked up as a result. obviously, if there are side effects then it's more of a toss up but if you've gotten down to the lowest dose going it may be a placebo effect that keeps you stable. if you've had events happen during that time that you've managed then odds on you are in the position where you can ditch the meds. sensible reduction plan though, just do it slowly and mind how you go, keep a stock on hand for if you notice the blue seeping in as a back up. I remember jeebus (i think) saying that there was a particular view on a regular walk that he was able to use as gauge for his mood - try and identify something similar as an early warning marker. it's a balancing act, and factoring in anything that life throws at you along with artificially tampering with your brain chemistry makes it one that you are the only expert on.

glad the CBT worked for you gal, general opinion is that you need a refresher every couple of years - because let's face it, it's reprogramming decades of learnt behaviour and that shit goes deep. booze is the worst fucking answer but it's a pretty good band aid. have had some shite go on in the past year or two which has upped my booze intake significantly, and my tolerances as a result. caning half a bottle of gin and remaining upright and coherent is not something i should be able to do. it's no longer used as a band aid, but damn is it difficult to get gently tipsy without looking at the bottle and wondering where the fuck it's gone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:32 am 

Booze is the worst of the worst of the worst thing you can do.

My band is more of a recovery band as in it started off as an open music group at a place where i volunteered but over the years we're now more a serious 5 piece group that play at recovery events but hoping to get off the ground doing paid gigs. Our guitarist is off at the moment as he relapsed (alcohol) and is currently in hospital, i've known him about 5 years and it's probably a half year occurance, he'll be fine for about maybe 4-5 months, then back on it again. The past 2-3 times it's happened i'm thinking this is the end for him but it's not. It's sad but it will end up killing him one day. When i was in hospital i was told another drop of alcohol would kill me and that was the wake up call i needed and although there has been times it has crossed my mind i have no desire to drink ever again

Our previous Bass player was a top guy but died a few days before Christmas 2017 because he hit the bottle. Messed with me a bit as i only seen him a week previous, he'd bought a new acoustic and was made up with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:02 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

Go get 'em Gal!

going pill free is always good if it works for you, but i take the view that if you need to use a walking stick and you've gotten the hang of it, why chuck it away and hobble? mental health is the same as physical health, you use whatever aids you need to keep you going. I far too often see folk who say they are fine dropping their meds... and going off the deep end shortly after when they hit the smallest of speed bumps. caveat of this is their mental health may be a lot more precarious to begin with, anti-psychotics being a different kettle of fish to anti-anxiety meds, but it's not exclusive to proper balls out schizophrenics, good friends with anxiety have not stuck to treatment plans and have fucked up as a result. obviously, if there are side effects then it's more of a toss up but if you've gotten down to the lowest dose going it may be a placebo effect that keeps you stable. if you've had events happen during that time that you've managed then odds on you are in the position where you can ditch the meds. sensible reduction plan though, just do it slowly and mind how you go, keep a stock on hand for if you notice the blue seeping in as a back up. I remember jeebus (i think) saying that there was a particular view on a regular walk that he was able to use as gauge for his mood - try and identify something similar as an early warning marker. it's a balancing act, and factoring in anything that life throws at you along with artificially tampering with your brain chemistry makes it one that you are the only expert on.

Good post.

I forgot all about Jeebus, hope he is doing okay.

The highlighted bit above, this is the difficult bit, for me by the time I recognise I am already walking in sludge, I am more than half-way in the quicksand and very difficult to turn around. As you know, the meds don't turn you around in 30mins, they take a few days.