Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fernandinho
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:18 am 

Read an interesting snippet about Ferna after Sunday's game, singing his praises about the role he does and that he will be very difficult to replace.

Is he an unhailed hero? As a defensive MF does he mop up more than we (or I) notice? He has definitely been excellent for us, I just haven't ever thought of him as a Nige De Jong, Mascherano or Paddy Vieira, perhaps unfairly.

Post subject: Re: Fernandinho
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:03 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Read an interesting snippet about Ferna after Sunday's game, singing his praises about the role he does and that he will be very difficult to replace.

Is he an unhailed hero? As a defensive MF does he mop up more than we (or I) notice? He has definitely been excellent for us, I just haven't ever thought of him as a Nige De Jong, Mascherano or Paddy Vieira, perhaps unfairly.

Absolute unsung hero.
He's going to be very hard to replace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

I think he’s a better DM than both of those but it’s not recognised as much because he can pass the ball as well. No one know when to take a yellow card like Ferna.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:25 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

I think he’s a better DM than both of those but it’s not recognised as much because he can pass the ball as well. No one know when to take a yellow card like Ferna.

Ferna is approaching sacred territory reserved for the likes of kun and el mago and el capitan Vinny and not to forget Yaya as he is a bit if a dick but he was pretty dam imposing for us..

And of course zaba..

I think ferna is creeping into that bracket.
He's been here a long time.
He loves it here.
We love him.
He's up there with anyone we have adored..
Tugboat dunnie or super kev and his sweet left foot , dickov or even dare I say the goat..

They are hero's and ferna is a unsung hero. But he deserves the love and recognition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:42 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
South East Citizen wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

Ferna is approaching sacred territory reserved for the likes of kun and el mago and el capitan Vinny and not to forget Yaya as he is a bit if a dick but he was pretty dam imposing for us..

And of course zaba..

I think ferna is creeping into that bracket.
He's been here a long time.
He loves it here.
We love him.
He's up there with anyone we have adored..
Tugboat dunnie or super kev and his sweet left foot , dickov or even dare I say the goat..

They are hero's and ferna is a unsung hero. But he deserves the love and recognition.

I agree. It’s awful but I think the next generation will hear about this era from their dads and know all about Kompany, Silva, Aguero, KDB, Toure etc, but Ferna will only be mentioned in passing. Or maybe people will spaff over him like Makalele. I hope so. I will.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:37 am 

Well truth is there are not many players in the current team that won't be talked about without drooling. Some folk don't like Gonedoggin' where I see a completely different player to them, I think he's great. This is without question the Golden era.