Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sanchez
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:03 pm 

After all the fuss before the deadline I decided to see why we need Sanchez.
I watched Ars v WBA, paying particular attention to the said player. He can shoot but we are not short of shooters like Jesus., Sergio etc He is tricky but so are D Silva, B Silva, KDB etc. He takes up good positions in space. So do DSilva. B Silva KDB etc . He can run with the ball like Sane and Sterling,. He takes good free kicks like KDB and YaYa.
In short we don't really need him. He could sit on the bench and talk Chilean to Bravo, but do you really need to spend money like that?
We might be better spending the cash on a big hairy no nonsense defender like Kolasinac

Post subject: Re: Sanchez
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 pm 

He can do all the things those players can do. Can any single one of those players do all the things he can do?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:33 pm 

Watched Sanchez again today v Everton. Admittedly not much of an opposition and Sanchez is clearly a very good player. However after our performances so far this season, do we really need him. His fee is irrelevant, £20m or20p doesn’t matter, but do we need yet another good midfield/attacker? If we buy him it will only make some others of our team who are not getting much game time unhappy. He is also cup tied for the Chumps league. His attitude on the pitch today left a lot to be desired. Our system seems to be working well at the moment so if it isn’t broken we don’t need to fix it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:05 pm 

I see Pep is still on about Sanchez.
good player but Sanchez attitude leaves a lot to be desired. I can see him being on the bench as much as he plays and I get the impression he will not be happy unless he is the main man. He won’t be because he is no better than some we already have and at the moment we don’t really have a main man. Every one seems happy with their situation and he might be a bad influence on this.
Those of you too young should look up what happened when City signed Rodney Marsh in the early 70s. We don’t want a repeat of that situation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:57 pm 

I'm not feeling this at all. Being reported by the Graun now that both Sanchez and van Dijk are wanted in the january window. I can see the sense in VvD, as I would assume most of us can as we are short of cover in that position but Sanchez? Seems like an obsession for Pep and while most of his targets have been a success, Bravo was someone who he insisted upon bringing in wasn't he? We all know how that turned out.

I think I would be inclined to agree with Bert in that he seems like a possible bad apple that would also have the effect of limiting the game time of existing players, hence causing further disruption.

The reports of a central midfielder (cover for Fred) are more welcome as far as I am concerned. I genuinely think that a freak injury to him is the one thing that could possibly derail this season (along with Mendy's injury preventing us from winning the champions league, obviously).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:22 pm 

Well said.
VvD would be a much more important signing. I feel he could fit in well with Stones when he is fit again.
I think that this coming window lots of agents will want their people to come to us rather than us want lots of so called stars.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 am 

When we were linked with Sanchez and almost signed, i thought it was a pointless signing as we had the ammunition we needed, but when it comes to rotating it has become clear we could do with another striker or certainly an attacking threat. Van Dijk hasn't been himself this season and has looked shaky.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:01 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
When we were linked with Sanchez and almost signed, i thought it was a pointless signing as we had the ammunition we needed, but when it comes to rotating it has become clear we could do with another striker or certainly an attacking threat. Van Dijk hasn't been himself this season and has looked shaky.

Vvd is elsewhere.
Hes had his head in the clouds since being linked with bigger clubs.
And the same could be said for sanchez..
We don't need Sanchez. And i may be wrong but would he
Oh hang on arse ain't in the CL so I think that's alright.
But Vvd could come in and lift his game being at a major and huge and important mega super club.. Or he could take the easy road and join the lower league team down the road called scousers.

All hype until owt appens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 am 

Sanchez not in the Arsenal squad, i do think that U*d have got him :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:54 pm 

After all the bollocks of us being after him and his desire to be here. Why would he suddenly go to the rags when they are not that great. Don't play pretty football. Arsenal play with more flair.
Moureen is dull and found out.
I don't get why he would go there.

I think there is way more to this. And that ultimately he will be at city..