Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kevin De Bruyne
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:48 am 

KickerConspiracy wrote:
Do we really need a ginger in the team? :(

Who was the last one? Stevie Lomas?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:28 am 

Still no agreement reached according to Wolfsburg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:44 am 

BREAKING NEWS on ssn..

kevin de bruyne will not be joining manchester city at this point in time...

soooooo, i can feel the rage levels rising once more.. :mad:

what the fuck are these bunch of tossers playing at on both sides..

sort it fucking out ..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:51 pm 

Quote:
Kevin De Bruyne’s move to Manchester City not done yet, says Wolfsburg chief • Klaus Allofs says Wolfsburg in no rush to finalise transfer to Manchester City
• Sporting director does accept that talks between the two clubs are continuing Manchester City had hoped that Kevin De Bruyne would undergo a medical on Thursday. Photograph: Action Press/Rex Shutterstock Press Association

Thursday 27 August 2015 12.07 BST Last modified on Thursday 27 August 2015 12.18 BST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via Email Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+ Share on WhatsApp
Kevin De Bruyne’s transfer to Manchester City has not gone through yet, although Wolfsburg’s director of sport, Klaus Allofs, has confirmed talks between the two clubs are under way.

Related:
More on this topicTransfer window latest: Kevin De Bruyne, John Stones and more – live!

Reports in England and Germany claimed on Wednesday night that widespread agreement had been reached between all parties, with a transfer fee of £54m. Allofs denied that was the case, however.

“There is no agreement with De Bruyne and with Manchester City,” Allofs said. “We have agreed to open negotiations, and that has happened, but Kevin is still a Wolfsburg player.

“We are not in any rush to get this [transfer] through. The interests of both sides must be considered. If our expectations are not fulfilled, Kevin will be playing for Wolfsburg this season, and I wouldn’t mind that.

“In the end, there can only be winners from this deal and that applies also to Wolfsburg. If that is not the case, then there will be no transfer.”

Earlier, Allofs had told Sport Bild magazine that his club cannot afford to turn down such sums as perhaps Bayern Munich can, hinting that there would be a point when they would accept an offer from City for a player signed from Chelsea last year.

“People do think that money does not come into it with Volkswagen [the club’s backers], but that is not the case,” he said. “VW and we place a lot of importance on being economically sound.

“Compared to the top clubs in Europe, we have very little means at our disposal. We must also adhere to Uefa’s financial fair play. We can’t compete with [Bayern].”

Until a suitable offer is made, however, De Bruyne will continue to be considered a Wolfsburg player by the club and their coach, Dieter Hecking. “I am naming 18 players in my squad to face Schalke [on Friday night] and I expect Kevin to be one of them,” he said.

is he waiting to see who we get in the chumps league?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:54 pm 

Are you having a fucking laugh? The way the graun was reporting, it was a done deal and about to be announced. This is all Gal's fault. I bet he decided to research the club and just found fans forums talking about old bisexual people and it, quite rightly, put him right off :mad:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:55 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Quote:
Kevin De Bruyne’s move to Manchester City not done yet, says Wolfsburg chief • Klaus Allofs says Wolfsburg in no rush to finalise transfer to Manchester City
• Sporting director does accept that talks between the two clubs are continuing Manchester City had hoped that Kevin De Bruyne would undergo a medical on Thursday. Photograph: Action Press/Rex Shutterstock Press Association

Thursday 27 August 2015 12.07 BST Last modified on Thursday 27 August 2015 12.18 BST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via Email Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+ Share on WhatsApp
Kevin De Bruyne’s transfer to Manchester City has not gone through yet, although Wolfsburg’s director of sport, Klaus Allofs, has confirmed talks between the two clubs are under way.

Related:
More on this topicTransfer window latest: Kevin De Bruyne, John Stones and more – live!

Reports in England and Germany claimed on Wednesday night that widespread agreement had been reached between all parties, with a transfer fee of £54m. Allofs denied that was the case, however.

“There is no agreement with De Bruyne and with Manchester City,” Allofs said. “We have agreed to open negotiations, and that has happened, but Kevin is still a Wolfsburg player.

“We are not in any rush to get this [transfer] through. The interests of both sides must be considered. If our expectations are not fulfilled, Kevin will be playing for Wolfsburg this season, and I wouldn’t mind that.

“In the end, there can only be winners from this deal and that applies also to Wolfsburg. If that is not the case, then there will be no transfer.”

Earlier, Allofs had told Sport Bild magazine that his club cannot afford to turn down such sums as perhaps Bayern Munich can, hinting that there would be a point when they would accept an offer from City for a player signed from Chelsea last year.

“People do think that money does not come into it with Volkswagen [the club’s backers], but that is not the case,” he said. “VW and we place a lot of importance on being economically sound.

“Compared to the top clubs in Europe, we have very little means at our disposal. We must also adhere to Uefa’s financial fair play. We can’t compete with [Bayern].”

Until a suitable offer is made, however, De Bruyne will continue to be considered a Wolfsburg player by the club and their coach, Dieter Hecking. “I am naming 18 players in my squad to face Schalke [on Friday night] and I expect Kevin to be one of them,” he said.

is he waiting to see who we get in the chumps league?

I think VFL are thinking that if we get drawn together it might just stick another £10m on his price

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:56 pm 

we should up the offer a few million anyway, just so he becomes the british record signing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:36 pm 

The sheik should just hop one one of his jets, probs a fully kitted out jumbo.
Then smoke it das fatherland, get in a car, that no other person owns, or even knows what it is, like a experimental nuke powered deal..
and open a suitcase, wearing sunglasses of course..

make wolfsberg hierarchy poop it, and kevs on the next plane over here....

sort it out now......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:06 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
KickerConspiracy wrote:
Do we really need a ginger in the team? :(

Who was the last one? Stevie Lomas?

Yeah, he's the first i thought of too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:50 pm 

Quote:
Ah, this could explain the hold-up in the De Bruyne to Manchester City deal. Reports in Germany have suggested that Wolfsburg are now also challenging Juventus for Schalke’s Julian Draxler (as well, apparently, as Manchester United).

Wolfsburg are also set to offload Ivan Perisic to Inter and so require an attacking midfielder with Bild suggesting that Draxler fits the bill. Thirty million euros would secure the 21-year-old, but Juve are thought be favourites as Schalke are unwilling to sell to a rival.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:53 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Quote:
Ah, this could explain the hold-up in the De Bruyne to Manchester City deal. Reports in Germany have suggested that Wolfsburg are now also challenging Juventus for Schalke’s Julian Draxler (as well, apparently, as Manchester United).

Wolfsburg are also set to offload Ivan Perisic to Inter and so require an attacking midfielder with Bild suggesting that Draxler fits the bill. Thirty million euros would secure the 21-year-old, but Juve are thought be favourites as Schalke are unwilling to sell to a rival.

bollocks.. :mad:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:37 am 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/27/manchester-city-kevin-de-bruyne-wolfsburg
Quote:
Manchester City set to seal Kevin De Bruyne deal after ‘astonishing offer’

David Conn

Thursday 27 August 2015 21.47 BST Last modified on Friday 28 August 2015 00.53 BST

Wolfsburg have confirmed they hope to complete imminently the sale of Kevin De Bruyne to Manchester City for a fee believed to be £54m, after City made the player an “astonishing offer” to join them.

Speaking in Monaco after City’s tough draw in the Uefa Champions League group stage, Brian Marwood, City’s head of football administration, acknowledged the club are interested in signing the midfielder to extend the expensive strengthening of their squad and challenge for success in the Champions League.

Marwood said City were “hurt” and disappointed by last season’s second place in the Premier League and failure to progress beyond the last 16 in the Champions League, and said City’s Abu Dhabi ownership is sanctioning spending to improve that record, but he declined to be specific about the De Bruyne deal until it is done.

“Everybody is aware we are interested in this player,” Marwood said, “but until anything is done it’s not appropriate for us to make any comment.”

However, Klaus Allofs, Wolfsburg’s general manager and former striker for West Germany, confirmed in Monaco that negotiations with City are continuing, saying he hoped the deal will be finalised on Thursday night or Friday morning.

“During the day we have gone on with negotiations and we’ve got closer to each other,” Allofs said, after Wolfsburg drew Manchester United, CSKA Moscow and PSV Eindhoven in Group B. “But the deal is not already done. So hopefully we will find an end tonight or tomorrow morning.”

Marwood, speaking after City were drawn to play last season’s beaten finalists Juventus, the Europa League winners, Sevilla, and Borussia Mönchengladbach, said City’s spending, including the £49m signing of Raheem Sterling from Liverpool, is to fuel their ambition to progress in the Champions League.

“We want to get as close to winning it as we possibly can,” Marwood said. “We’re in it to compete, not just to get through the group stage; it has to be more than that.

“We haven’t been shy of spending money over the years because we have an ambition to be successful. Last year was a disappointment – that is how we are measured now. We were hurt by not winning [the Premier League] last year and not doing better in the Champions League.”

Wolfsburg do not want to sell de Bruyne, insisted Allofs, who as general manager at Werder Bremen signed the midfielder on loan from Chelsea in 2012, then brought him to Wolfsburg for an £18m fee last January. However, following an outstanding season in which the Belgium international contributed 16 goals in all competitions as Wolfsburg finished second in the Bundesliga, Allofs said City made De Bruyne personally an “astonishing offer”, so his club was forced to negotiate.

Allofs would not confirm the scale of personal terms City have offered to De Bruyne, expected to be around £250,000 per week, nor the fee Wolfsburg themselves are negotiating, but said the impending sale illustrates the financial power of the Premier League compared to the Bundesliga, Europe’s second richest league. As a club wholly owned by the German car giant Volkswagen, unlike most in the Bundesliga which are controlled by their supporters, Wolfsburg are backed by large financial resources and are not a selling club, he said.

“Kevin still is a key player for Wolfsburg. It is a big blow if he is leaving Wolfsburg but, you know, it’s a difficult situation,” Allofs said. “He has an astonishing, astonishing offer from City and we can’t compete with that. We had to take it seriously, that is the way we react with our players, and finally we decided to start negotiations with City.”

Because of the Premier League’s huge TV deals now and the expected £8bn deal for 2016-19, Allofs said: “It will be very difficult – apart from Bayern Munich – [for Bundesliga clubs] to compete with the Premier League in the future.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:36 pm 

Klaus Allofs: "We will complete everything either tonight or tomorrow. De Bruyne is off to #MCFC "

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:23 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
does anyone think the 'welcome' was a bit premature?

Yes Studs, I do.

:mad:

FFS Gal. You're generally the go-to guy for this kind of thing, but this time your sources are questionable at best. Wait, what am I saying? Your sources are always absolute toilet. :doh:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

Yes Studs, I do.

FFS Gal. You're generally the go-to guy for this kind of thing, but this time your sources are questionable at best. Wait, what am I saying? Your sources are always absolute toilet. :doh:

I don't use sources

I go with gut instinct.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:48 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Bastard wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

Yes Studs, I do.

I don't use sources

I go with gut instinct.

dammit, bastard was right, toilet... :TopHat1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:03 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
I don't use sources

I go with gut instinct.

Totally read that as "scousers" and was about to argue the point again.

You do use scousers though, right?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:39 am 

Bastard wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:
I don't use sources

I go with gut instinct.

Totally read that as "scousers" and was about to argue the point again.

You do use scousers though, right?

On occasions i do.

Mainly to take the piss really.

I'm a mixed race tbh, my mams from Shropshire my dad is from Timperly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 am 

Ah so akimbo is your dad?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:33 pm 

Allegedly having a medical in Manchester

Quote:
Kevin De Bruyne jetted in to Manchester on Saturday morning to finalise his move from Wolfsburg to Manchester City.

Wolfsburg's director of sport Klaus Allofs said on Friday that he expected the Belgian to complete his switch on Saturday.

Sky Sports News HQ reported on Friday that a general agreement was in place between the Premier League and Bundesliga clubs for the 24-year-old midfielder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next