Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:43 pm 

Well done to the CSKA fans for getting into the spirit of things. Clearly they had been perusing the forum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:48 pm 

Happy Wednesday guys. May all your Christmases be white.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:36 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:56 pm 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... erg-outfit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:37 pm 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/05/toni-duggan-apologises-whoopi-goldberg-outfit

Decent effort tbf.

:8ball:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:08 am 

If you're gonna do blackface might as well do it properly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:19 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:25 am 

Making assumptions here but I'm pretty sure I'm right

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:20 pm 

Quote:
Zara removes striped pyjamas with yellow star following online outrageSocial media users likened the baby’s pyjama top, featuring horizontal stripes and a ‘Sheriff’ star to clothes worn by Jewish concentration camp prisoners
Share 6580
inShare.15Email Elena Cresci
theguardian.com, Wednesday 27 August 2014 11.51 BST
The “Sheriff” striped pyjamas before Zara removed the item from sale. Photograph: Screenshot
High street retailer Zara has pulled a striped shirt featuring a yellow star on the front on Wednesday after social media users likened it to the uniform worn by Jewish prisoners in concentration camps during the second world war.

The striped “sheriff” T-shirt, aimed at children aged three months to three years, drew criticism for a design which featured white and blue stripes and a six-pointed yellow star on the front. The star itself had the word “sheriff” written across it, which was not completely clear in the zoomed-out images on the Spanish chain’s website.

But from first glance, many people felt the shirt bore too close a resemblance to the striped uniform and yellow star Jewish prisoners were forced to wear during the Holocaust.

The shirt was available via Zara’s UK homepage as well as in a number of its international outlets, including Israel, France, Denmark, Albania and Sweden. Israeli journalist Dimi Reider was among the first to notice the resemblance.
Writing on 972mag.com, he said: “It’s a SHERIFF shirt for your three-year-old. Obviously. What else could it be?

“Why, what else does it remind you of?”

The retailer has since apologised, in several languages on its Twitter feed, and confirmed the shirt is no longer on sale.

A spokesperson for Zara’s parent company Inditex said: “The item in question has now been removed from all Zara stores and Zara.com.

“The garment was inspired by the classic Western films, but we now recognise that the design could be seen as insensitive and apologise sincerely for any offence caused to our customers.”

This is not the first time Zara has made an unfortunate design choice. In 2007, the retailer withdrew a handbag from its stories after one customer pointed out the design featured swastikas.

also, swastika handbag -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 pm 

bastard thats just brilliant... :lol:
you can thank my 15 year old for this..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:38 pm 

Quote:
Met police accused of abusing black fireman have case to answer, says IPCCWatchdog says six officers should face disciplinary action over claims they abused and Tasered Edric Kennedy-MacfoyShare 154
inShare.0Email Paul Lewis
The Guardian, Tuesday 25 November 2014 The IPCC has concluded there was evidence the officers racially stereotyped firefighter Edric Kennedy-Macfoy. Photograph: Casey Moore for the Guardian
Six Metropolitan police officers accused of responding to an offer of assistance from an off-duty black firefighter by abusing him, dragging him from his car and shooting him with a Taser should face disciplinary charges for possible racial discrimination, the official watchdog has concluded.

Edric Kennedy-Macfoy has accused police of behaving like wild animals when he approached them in a north London suburb to provide them with a description of a man he spotted throwing a rock at a police van.

After a 20-month investigation into the case, which involved tracking down members of the public who witnessed the incident, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) concluded there was evidence the officers racially stereotyped the fireman, according to a summary of its key findings in the case, which has been seen by the Guardian.

The IPCC is referring a dossier of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service after concluding a police constable could also face criminal charges over the use of the Taser. The watchdog also found police failed to act with integrity, courtesy, patience, discretion, professional judgment or common sense.

The most senior-ranking officer among those accused, former inspector David Burgum, denied the charges, questioned the firefighter’s motives and took the unusual step of condemning the statutory watchdog that investigates serious police complaints.

“In my opinion Mr Kennedy-Macfoy has cynically played the race card for his own ends,” Burgum said in a statement to the Guardian. “I do not consider that the IPCC have conducted an independent investigation. They are political organisation with a strong anti-police bias.”

Kennedy-Macfoy was driving through Harrow around 3.30am in September 2011 when he saw a young man hurl the rock at the police van. After noting a description of the young man, Kennedy-Macfoy flagged down the van driver and approached a line of officers to pass the information on.

A disagreement ensued in which, the IPCC said, several officers used abusive language against Kennedy-Macfoy.

The off-duty fireman complained officers repeatedly swore at him, before charging at his car and pulling him from the vehicle.

In an account he gave the Guardian in 2012, Kennedy-Macfoy, then 29, said he responded by calmly and showed his palms to the officers, telling them: “Listen guys, I haven’t done anything wrong. I’m a firefighter – I work with you lot and I just want to explain something.”

He said the Taser was discharged, without warning, when he was walking backwards with his hands in the air.

The final report from the IPCC investigation has not been made public or provided to any of the parties involved.

However, a summary of the IPCC’s key findings, seen by the Guardian, concludes the police’s initial reaction to Kennedy-Macfoy was based purely on his ethnic appearance.

The watchdog’s report names six officers, including Burgum, who it says have a case to answer for gross misconduct in respect of their alleged racial discrimination of Kennedy-Macfoy.

In addition to the ex-inspector, they include a sergeant, three police constables and a special constable. One of the constables - the officer who twice discharged the Taser - could also face criminal charges, the IPCC states.

“The IPCC has completed its investigation into a complaint made by Edric Kennedy- Macfoy relating to his arrest by [Met] officers in September 2011,” a spokesperson for the watchdog said. “The IPCC will be referring a file of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration related to an officer’s use of Taser.”

The IPCC did not find sufficient evidence to uphold a complaint against two officers: a seventh officer, of constable rank, who was also present on the night, and a detective inspector who initially handled the fireman’s complaint.

After Kennedy-Macfoy was shot with the Taser, he was arrested and charged with obstructing police. He was found not guilty after a trial at Brent magistrates court.

During those proceedings Burgum gave evidence about the fireman’s racial appearance, which later formed part his complaint. Burgum told the court his officers were in a “stressful” situation and had been dealing with a group of partygoers who had been throwing missiles at them.

According to a court clerk’s notes of proceedings, Burgum added: “I couldn’t say he was anything to do with the party. The party was all black. He was black. He had driven through the cordon. I had to do a quick risk assessment.”

Burgum retired from the Met in January and now works for a private company that has an outsourced contract to train prospective Met police recruits. In his statement to the Guardian, Burgum called the account given by the fireman and apparently supported by the IPCC investigation “implausible in the extreme”.

The ex-inspector is among the four officers the IPCC concluded have additional cases to answer for misconduct on the night – in his case, for swearing at Kennedy-Macfoy.

Burgum said it was ridiculous for the IPCC to raise concern about his abusive language toward fireman because “Mr Kennedy-Macfoy swore at me first”.

“The suggestion that the police reaction to Mr Kennedy-Macfoy was based purely on his ethnic appearance and that the police officers racially stereotyped him is likewise ridiculous,” he said, adding that some of his police colleagues present on the night were “of ethnic minority backgrounds” and they, too, reject the suggestion that this was “a racial incident”.

Given he has retired, Burgum cannot face disciplinary proceedings. However, the other five officers, who all remain at the Met, could be subject to a misconduct hearing. The Met declined to say whether it would hold such a hearing.

“As is normal procedure, we will consider the report’s finding and associated evidence and respond to the IPCC within the statutory 15 working days,” a Met spokesman said.

If the Met decides against holding the hearing, the IPCC has powers to compel the force to do so. Asked if the watchdog planned to use that authority, an IPCC spokesperson said: “We’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.”

Kennedy-Macfoy’s solicitor, Shamik Dutta of the firm Bhatt Murphy, said: “In light of the IPCC’s findings we now look to the CPS and the Met police commissioner to properly consider all the evidence that has been gathered and to make a decision which does justice to that evidence.”

The IPCC and Met have clashed over the Kennedy-Macfoy case before.

His complaint was initially investigated by the Met’s professional standards department, with arm’s-length supervision from the IPCC. That internal inquiry provisionally concluded no police officer should face disciplinary or criminal proceedings.

The IPCC then took the unusual step of rejecting the Met’s inquiry in its entirety, initiating the fully independent investigation. It is that inquiry that, after almost two years collecting and analysing the evidence, concluded six officers have a case to answer for racially-motivated misconduct.

the met do what they want.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:13 pm 

"I had to do a quick risk assessment.”

"Given he has retired, Burgum cannot face disciplinary proceedings."

“Mr Kennedy-Macfoy swore at me first”.

"investigated by the Met’s professional standards department"

Fucking pigs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:29 pm 

KickerConspiracy wrote:
Fucking pigs.

This. They all think they're unnaccountable. Fucking pricks.

In world news:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:32 pm 

I should point out that some nationalities have a respectful, socially appealing police force with great tits.

Like this Dutch lass:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:30 pm 

Has she just got in from riding horse? well, for the benefit of this story she has. Lovely.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next