Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yaya Toure
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:57 am 

Bastard wrote:
Well, that's a better way of describing your work than I've ever managed with mine.

Desk technician.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 am 

Bastard wrote:
Well, that's a better way of describing your work than I've ever managed with mine.

i thought you fucked around with our motorways and installed barriers that people mash themselves against rather than bounce over and into oncoming traffic?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:39 am 

Haven't been on a motorway for a few years. Not since Garstang 2010 in fact.

I just fuck around upsetting people in general I suppose. Loads of mither without really getting much done.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:47 am 

Bastard wrote:

I just fuck around upsetting people in general I suppose. Loads of mither without really getting much done.

the vast majority of people's jobs, regardless of field of expertise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:34 pm 

Yaya is seeing out his contract and staying with us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:03 pm 

So he says

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:52 am 

Bastard wrote:

Yes!! B roads rule. :approve:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am 

Quote:
Yaya Touré says he will stay at Manchester City ‘as long as possible’• Midfielder had series of rows with City officials in summer
• Touré has regained focus following death of younger brotherShare 36
inShare.0Email Steve Brenner in New York
The Guardian, Tuesday 29 July 2014 22.55 BST Yaya Touré suffered an emotional summer after his younger brother died while Ivory Coast were playing at the World Cup finals. Photograph: Laurence Griffiths/Getty
Yaya Touré has revealed he may remain at Manchester City for the rest of his career after regaining focus following the death of his younger brother, Ibrahim.

The former Barcelona midfielder suffered the most emotional few weeks of his career this summer after his younger brother, who had cancer for two years, passed away aged 28 while Ivory Coast were playing at the World Cup finals in Brazil.

Touré had looked certain to leave City after a series of bizarre rows with club officials only days after winning the Premier League title, when he accused them of disrespecting him on his birthday before complaining about being denied time to spend with his dying brother.

However, the 31-year-old now insists any bad feeling has been put to one side and that all his efforts will be centred on the manager Manuel Pellegrini’s push for domestic and European honours.

“It was not a case of me wanting to leave the club. I stayed quiet, I believe that is the right way, and at the end of the day it’s my decision,” he said. “I will stay at Man City for as long as possible.”

Touré also claims he is happy to be back on the training ground. “I’m feeling fine. It’s good to start training again. It’s been a difficult pre-season. Unfortunately it was a difficult summer for my family. When you lose a brother it is always difficult and he was young too. We were very sad, all the family. We need to move on and pray for him.

“He was my brother, he loved football. When he was sick in Manchester he was watching every game I was playing in. After them I was coming to see him in hospital. I think we need to try to move on and try to think about the next step.”

Ivory Coast’s participation in the World Cup finals ended in the first round, when they were eliminated after a controversial penalty won by Georgios Samaras in stoppage time of their final group match against Greece.

“This World Cup was quite strange too,” Touré added. “The penalty against Greece was unbelievable. I don’t know what Samaras was doing. It was a mistake and it cost us. We had a chance to go further. But this is football.

“The important thing always was to try to achieve important things for my country. It’s in a difficult situation because of politics but the people there love football so much.”

If the Ivory Coast’s failure to make progress in Brazil stung the midfielder, nothing will come close to the personal loss. Touré claims his head is now clear and that any problems with Pellegrini and City have been sorted out.

“Now I’m very happy to join the team and the manager,” he said. “Everyone is very positive. Last year was a good season and this year I hope and think it will be amazing, because all the big teams are signing good players.

“The matter is closed now. The most important thing was to try to focus again. With the loss of my brother it was quite hard. I am a Muslim, I believe in god. Sometimes you can have everything – but this was a difficult situation. He has been sick for two years. But he knew I loved football and he was telling me ‘go to the World Cup and enjoy it. If you stay with me and don’t participate in the World Cup I would not be happy. I would love to see you doing your best and trying to help the country’.

“Last season was quite difficult at first but in the end it was fantastic – two trophies. This year we’ll try to do our best, we are looking to do well in the Champions League. It will be very open.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:43 am 

So basically his agent couldn't find anyone willing to pay out for him so he's sucking up to the fans again as he has to stay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:06 pm 

BlueMaineMan wrote:
So basically his agent couldn't find anyone willing to pay out for him so he's sucking up to the fans again as he has to stay.

long as he pulls his dick outta his own arse and puts a shift in, im not arsed..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:16 pm 

BlueMaineMan wrote:

Maybe he would have gone to Everton, but he was presumably another player who considered their fans to be "an embarrassment".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 am 

Bastard wrote:
BlueMaineMan wrote:

Maybe he would have gone to Everton, but he was presumably another player who considered their fans to be "an embarrassment".

If that was the case he would probably fit in quite well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am 

Took the shittest penalty last night, infact they all did apart from the kid.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:12 pm 

I watched the first couple of minutes of his interview on the OS.

He's soooo sincere. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:05 pm 

what a cock. Although I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise. Anyone who shamelessly picks up that much money every week must be a bell end.

Yes, I would reject such an offer :shifty:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:24 pm 

At this rate yaya is likely to be getting booed by the home fans when the season starts. how can you go from demi-god to dribble-dick in such a small time. well, actually it's very traceable. his descent is solely brought on by himself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:37 pm 

it's the way he initially said his agent was blabbering away unauthorised, then said "he speaks for me and it's all true". that's what did it for me, that freeze-frame moment when he went from champ to cunt.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:54 pm 

Meh. 'Footballer is huge cunt' shocker. It'd be nice if he wasn't but we'll cheer his goals next season all the same. Now if this was zabs or kompany, then I'd be upset

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Meh. 'Footballer is huge cunt' shocker. It'd be nice if he wasn't but we'll cheer his goals next season all the same. Now if this was zabs or kompany, then I'd be upset

Spot on sir. .absolutely spot on...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:30 pm 

I suspect Yaya hit his peak last season and from this season on his flounces will become less frequent and less of a concern for the club. You can't deny the contribution he's made to our recent success tho. I'd go as far as to say without him that clock would probably still be ticking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next