Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: deadline day
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:05 pm 

I think Arsenal overpaid for Ozil but I'm bloody glad he didn't go to the rags. Fuck knows why they weren't in for him, he's exactly what they need.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:23 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I think Arsenal overpaid for Ozil but I'm bloody glad he didn't go to the rags. Fuck knows why they weren't in for him, he's exactly what they need.

27mil for fuzzy bear forlani.
Just what they don't need really.
We did our deals good and early. And got some great lads. Not even seen Jovetic yet..

Rags for 4th place. .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:23 am 

I can't wait for U*d v Barcelona or Real Madrid and watching Gollum on the touchline screaming "LUMP IT UP TO THE BIG FELLA YA CUNTS!" :p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:36 am 

fellaini's a dirty cunt. fucking elbows every single ball he goes up for, how he hasn't fractured someone's skull or jaw i do not know. likewise lengthy suspension for trying to kill someone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 am 

Fellatio is Yaya Lite.

He's found his level.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:21 am 

Desperate times at the swamp. They could've got him just over a month ago for £23.5m if they wanted him back then, before the release clause in his contract expired. They ended up paying £0.5m less than what they originally offered for him and Baines combined. Farcical.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 am 

woodward clearly out of his depth.

also the herrera thing is hilarious.

Quote:
Marouane Fellaini transfer can't mask Manchester United's deadline-day farce• Ander Herrera move breaks down amid imposter claims
• United dithered in attempts to negotiate Spanish tax laws
• Moyes does too little, too late for Manchester United
Share 119
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Tuesday 3 September 2013
Manchester United signed only Everton's Marouane Fellaini for £27.5m, £4m more than his expired buyout clause. Photograph: Clive Mason/Getty Images
Manchester United ended the transfer window in farce and disappointment with the deal to sign Ander Herrera having failed after the club refused to pay his €36m buyout clause, while claiming that imposters in Spain attempted to muscle in on the deal.

This meant that David Moyes signed only Marouane Fellaini for £27.5m, £4m more than his expired buyout clause, despite a summer that began with the pursuit of Barcelona's Cesc Fábregas and Thiago Alcântara.

As the £23.5m clause for Everton's Fellaini ended on 31 July, United faced the ignominy of having to pay more than this after Moyes and Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, decided to allow it to expire in the hope the midfielder could be bought for less.

With Fellaini handing in an official transfer request at Everton's training ground early on Monday eveningthree hours before the window closed and United deciding to haggle over Herrera's €36m release clause despite the Spanish club making it clear they would not sell for less, the strategy adopted by Moyes and Woodward came down to a frantic effort to strengthen in the closing hours of the window.

After United officials were reported as having gone to the offices of the Spanish Football Association to pay Herrera's clause, the club later said these were actually imposters. Yet this caused bemusement in Spain as the three men pictured going in were known Spanish sports lawyers who have been involved in previous buyouts and were understood there to have been acting on Herrera's behalf.

United's late acquisition of Fellaini came only after Woodward decided he should finally discard the joint-bid approach for the midfielder and his club team-mate, Leighton Baines. This occurred after a last offer of £40m was turned down by Everton for the pair during the weekend.

When a £15m bid from United on Monday for Baines was rejected – the fee was the same as in the joint price – Fellaini then appeared the more likely to arrive. Yet, with Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, valuing the midfielder at £27.5m, United's resolve to sign Fellaini was severely tested as the fee was £4m more than the player's buyout clause..

Regarding Herrera, United had decided initially to offer €30m despite knowing that, as Athletic field only Basque players, they would not be minded to sell unless forced to do so by the full €36m being bid to trigger the player's release clause.

In last summer's prospective moves of Javi Martínez to Bayern Munich and Fernando Llorente to Juventus, Athletic had shown how determined they could be to retain players. In Martínez's case the €40m buyout clause had to be paid by the German club. For Juventus, who were not minded to pay Llorente's €35m clause, they had to wait until his contract expired to bring the player to the club.

While a last-minute loan deal to bring in Real Madrid's Fábio Coentrão to Old Trafford, after the prospective transfer of Baines failed, also did not occur, Woodward in particular will face serious questions about a summer transfer policy that has left United looking off the pace and which cannot have enhanced their standing as a global brand.While Arsene Wenger bought Real's Mesut Ozil for a £42.5m Woodward – and Moyes – were left with their hopes of making a marquee, signature signing, in the shape of Fabregas, to begin the Scot's tenure in bullish fashion, having failed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:41 pm 

Impostors. ..lol
That's them all over. ..champion impostors.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 pm 

It was hilarious listening to my rag mates moan after they'd told me how good Coentrao is.

Gollum out!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:30 pm 

Harry Bunn has left City and joined Huddersfield

Been at City over a decade, good luck son.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:01 pm 

City stating that they do not want any outside interference at their training ground tomorrow.

Capital One Cup photo-shoot with some fans was scheduled for tomorrow at Carrington, but has been cancelled by City

I wonder why??????

BREAKING: Porto are prepared for the imminent sale of Fernando to City (Sport TV)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:06 pm 

According to Talksport, City are preparing to table a sensational £38million bid for FC Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2ruFy0xQE
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:41 pm 

irrelevant till he puts the shirt on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:49 pm 

Why is it irrelevant to discuss transfer rumours?

£38m is a fuck of a lot of money but I'm getting fairly desperate to see us sign a centre back before the window shuts, and I assume at that price he's a bit of a beast.

Never heard of Fernando. Don't want him (although there is potential there for singing that Abba song at him).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:49 pm 

Been out and got back before, seems there's been a bit going on tonight

From information i have gathered, Mangala seems not interested in a move so close to the World Cup and Fernando we can get now but will play in Porto till end of the season.

RMC claim FC Porto have accepted an offer from Manchester City for Eliaquim Mangala:

Man United could bring in Otamendi but that's if City don't manage a deal for Mangala. City been in a 6 hour meeting with Porto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:59 am 

£38m is a fuck of a lot of money but I'm getting fairly desperate to see us sign a centre back before the window shuts, and I assume at that price he's a bit of a beast.

Never heard of Fernando. Don't want him (although there is potential there for singing that Abba song at him).

because 9 times out of 10 that is all it is --rumour

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:16 am 

Manchester City could offer Javi García to Porto on loan to secure the signing of Fernando today.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:04 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

because 9 times out of 10 that is all it is --rumour

So? That's like saying it's irrelevant to talk about a match until the end when you know what the score's going to be.

No harm in discussing potential transfer targets and who you'd like to sign.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 am 

Osvaldo is off to Juventus on loan., Sunderland have signed Liam Bridcutt and Cardiff are getting Zaha on loan. Scott Dann is close to a move for Crystal palace.

Rumours circulating that Rodwell could be off out on loan with Atletico Madrid a destination.

Tottenhams Lewis Holtby looks set for a move to Fulham.

Last edited by Gallagheresque on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:13 am 

Why are we trying to sign a bloke who was experimenting on concentration camp prisoners in the 1940s and one of the failed Ferdinand brothers. Are they not both cup tied for the champions league?

Mind anything that gets rid of Garcia

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next