Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Alvaro Negredo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:59 am 

Welcome to the club yer third choice Spanish striker.

OFFICIAL: Manchester City have completed the signing of Sevilla and Spain striker Álvaro Negredo (27)

Last edited by Gallagheresque on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Alvaro Negredo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 pm 

Good, didn't even want him anyway. Thanks Gal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:00 pm 

gobby - :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:19 pm 

Gobby wrote:
Good, didn't even want him anyway. Thanks Gal.

:confused:

...but he is joining...

It's been pretty much confirmed on the Sevilla website now.

Quote:
El Manchester City compra un magnífico jugador, el pichichi nacional de la Liga española; el Sevilla FC hace una gran operación, la segunda más importante de su historia tras la de Daniel Alves, y el futbolista firma el contrato de su vida. Todos debemos estar contentos, es una operación buen para las tres partes”.

"City are buying a great player, yada yada yada, second highest transfer for Sevilla, contract of a life time for the player, yada, yada, yada..."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:45 pm 

Good understanding with navas hopefully :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 pm 

:TopHat1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 am 

i'd let him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:34 am 

Will wear the number 9 shirt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:33 am 

Didnt even know we was in for him...we kept that quite!!!!

Now back in for isco))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:41 am 

On the OS now

Quote:
City are delighted to announce the signing of Alvaro Negredo, who becomes the Club’s third new recruit of the summer.

The Spanish international follows Jesus Navas in making the switch from Sevilla.

He will join up with the squad on the pre-season tour, and wear the number 9 shirt (buy the Negredo shirt here).

Recognised as one of La Liga’s most potent strikers in recent years, the 27-year old was fourth top scorer in Spain last season with 25 league goals, trailing only Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Radamel Falcao Garcia.

A graduate of Rayo Vallecano’s youth academy, the 6"1' forward only made a handful of appearances for the then-third division outfit before Real Madrid opted to take him across the Spanish capital in 2005.

Although the Madrid-born Negredo never played a game at first-team level at the Santiago Bernabeu, he did feature regularly for a B team which included Javi Garcia, Juan Mata and Alvaro Arbeloa.

Negredo1

After two years at Real, the opportunity for regular top-flight football arrived with Almeria in 2007 and Negredo quickly became a fans' favourite in Andalusia, hitting 32 goals in his two seasons at the club.

Sevilla smashed their transfer record to take Alvaro to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in 2009 and were repaid handsomely to the tune of 70 goals in 139 appearances over four seasons.

Negredo made his international debut as a substitute for Fernando Torres in Spain’s 2-1 win over Armenia in World Cup qualifying on 6 October 2009.

His first international goals arrived as a pair against Edin Dzeko’s Bosnia a few days later in the 5-2 win in Zenica – the striker also weighed in with two assists.

Negredo was an integral member of the Sevilla squad that went on to defy the odds and lift the 2010 Copa del Rey, defeating Sergio Aguero’s Atletico Madrid in the final, thanks to a Jesus Navas goal in injury time.

Despite his impressive exploits at club level, Alvaro was overlooked for World Cup selection in 2010 but he was named in the Euro 2012 squad and made two appearances, including a start in the semi-final against Portugal before La Roja went on to retain the trophy in Kiev.

Negredo has won 14 caps and scored six goals so far in his international career.

His final game for mid-table Sevilla was the 4-3 win over Valencia on 1 June 2013, a game in which Negredo scored all four goals - not a bad way to sign off!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 am 

fucking get it..and welcome to the club sonny....
i thought we'd be hearing that the other lad had signed today.. :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
On the OS now

Quote:
Gallagheresque was delighted to announce the signing of Alvaro Negredo about 2 days ago, he becomes the Club’s third new recruit of the summer.

The Spanish international follows Jesus Navas in making the switch from Sevilla.

He will join up with the squad on the pre-season tour, and wear the number 9 shirt (buy the Negredo shirt here).

Recognised as one of La Liga’s most potent strikers in recent years, the 27-year old was fourth top scorer in Spain last season with 25 league goals, trailing only Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Radamel Falcao Garcia.

A graduate of Rayo Vallecano’s youth academy, the 6"1' forward only made a handful of appearances for the then-third division outfit before Real Madrid opted to take him across the Spanish capital in 2005.

Although the Madrid-born Negredo never played a game at first-team level at the Santiago Bernabeu, he did feature regularly for a B team which included Javi Garcia, Juan Mata and Alvaro Arbeloa.

Negredo1

After two years at Real, the opportunity for regular top-flight football arrived with Almeria in 2007 and Negredo quickly became a fans' favourite in Andalusia, hitting 32 goals in his two seasons at the club.

Sevilla smashed their transfer record to take Alvaro to the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in 2009 and were repaid handsomely to the tune of 70 goals in 139 appearances over four seasons.

Negredo made his international debut as a substitute for Fernando Torres in Spain’s 2-1 win over Armenia in World Cup qualifying on 6 October 2009.

His first international goals arrived as a pair against Edin Dzeko’s Bosnia a few days later in the 5-2 win in Zenica – the striker also weighed in with two assists.

Negredo was an integral member of the Sevilla squad that went on to defy the odds and lift the 2010 Copa del Rey, defeating Sergio Aguero’s Atletico Madrid in the final, thanks to a Jesus Navas goal in injury time.

Despite his impressive exploits at club level, Alvaro was overlooked for World Cup selection in 2010 but he was named in the Euro 2012 squad and made two appearances, including a start in the semi-final against Portugal before La Roja went on to retain the trophy in Kiev.

Negredo has won 14 caps and scored six goals so far in his international career.

His final game for mid-table Sevilla was the 4-3 win over Valencia on 1 June 2013, a game in which Negredo scored all four goals - not a bad way to sign off!

Fixed that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:22 pm 

My apologies Gal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:06 am 

Gobby wrote:
My apologies Gal

i'll let you off this time.

:whistle:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 am 

Saw the highlights yesterday. Wore this face for a good hour while watching his youtube video afters...

Good little touch from Silva 5 seconds before this too!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:37 am 

I really want negro in my dream team but I don't know how much Pellegrini's going to rotate. He looks awesome though.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 am 

I have only been able to catch the highlights of pre-season but he's been chief scorer. Looks strong and rapid/rapid. Considering we haven't even seen Jovetic yet, and we also have Sergio who is a reasonable player, time to get excited much?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:15 am 

I have a feeling we have latched on to a bargain here. I really like the look of Negredo. :pray:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:50 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I have a feeling we have latched on to a bargain here. I really like the look of Negredo. :pray:

Me too :dance: