Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 424  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:21 pm 

Midfielder Javier Mascherano has stunned Liverpool by admitting he wants to quit Anfield and join Champions League winners Barcelona, saying "if a club like Barcelona want you, obviously a player will say he wants to play there".
(Full story: The Sun)

Was he in the same room with Robinho????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:25 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Midfielder Javier Mascherano has stunned Liverpool by admitting he wants to quit Anfield and join Champions League winners Barcelona, saying "if a club like Barcelona want you, obviously a player will say he wants to play there".
(Full story: The Sun)

Was he in the same room with Robinho????

That quote was attributed to his agent/brother this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:35 pm 

I notice we have not been mentioned that much recently. Is this the quiet before the storm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:21 pm 

Quote:
Rafa Benitez insists Javier Mascherano is not for sale at any price in an attempt to shoot down interest from Barcelona and Manchester City

lies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:23 pm 

Quote:
Widespread reports in Spain say the club's new president Florentino Perez has sanctioned a deal that will dwarf the £56m paid to AC Milan for Kaka.
It has long been said that there is a pre-contract agreement to sign Manchester United star Ronaldo - understood by Sportsmail to be set at £75m.
The contract, which United have previously denied the existence of, would have to be executed before June 30, with Madrid paying a £26m penalty if they broke the terms.
Perez's predecessor Ramon Calderon has persistently hinted that Ronaldo will arrive at the Bernabeu because of work he had already done on the deal last summer.
Perez is understood to be unhappy at such a high fee and has reportedly been in talks with United chief executive David Gill over the last few days in an attempt to renegotiate the deal.
But the Barclays Premier League champions have refused to budge other than agreeing to take the payments spread over five years, leaving Perez to reluctantly sanction the transfer rather pay £26m and have no player.

I dont understand this deal Real and United have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:40 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
lies!

translates to "he's for sale for a large price"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:37 pm 

Does the 26M go to United or Buster Crabbe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:13 pm 

Allegedly Ribery ahs just had a £100 million price tag slapped on him. That could be Euros though.

REAL MADRID have cooled their interest in Franck Ribery after Bayern Munich slapped a huge £85.7million price-tag on his head.
The Spanish giants' president Florentino Perez had named the French playmaker as a potential new Galatico.

But Bayern are reluctant to part with their prized asset and have set a massive asking price.

The German club's message appears to have got through to Perez, who began his summer spending with the capture of £62m Kaka on Monday.

Perez, who also wants Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo and David Villa from Valencia, said: "Ribery belongs to Bayern and the club does not want to sell.

"Therefore, I have to be respectful to the club. But it is another thing if they change their mind."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:18 pm 
Gallagheresque wrote:
Allegedly Ribery ahs just had a £100 million price tag slapped on him.

This I do not understand. He's good but he's not even close to being that good. I wouldn't swap Robinho for him. Worth 30mil tops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:21 pm 

I've heard a rumour that Sheffield's starting to flood again.

What I can definitely confirm is that it's absolutely twatting it down, and there's been perpetual, one a minute, fuck off lightning with immediate thunder for the last hour and a half. Might get to go home early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:39 pm 

Bastard wrote:
I've heard a rumour that Sheffield's starting to flood again.

What I can definitely confirm is that it's absolutely twatting it down, and there's been perpetual, one a minute, fuck off lightning with immediate thunder for the last hour and a half. Might get to go home early.

Off to the friendship with a and a if you do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:36 am 

Sunderland have joined what now appears to be a three-way battle to sign Richard Dunne from Manchester City this summer. Stoke City and Tottenham Hotspur are believed to be the other two clubs to have expressed an interest in the centre-half, who is said to be available for around £5m as Mark Hughes rejigs his squad at Eastlands.

Arsenal's Kolo Touré has been linked with a move to City since the beginning of last season, and Everton's Joleon Lescott is also seen as a target. Should Dunne leave, that would seem to signal the arrival of one or both of those defenders. City may have to pay as much as £15m-£20m for either Touré or Lescott but money is unlikely to be a hazard to them.

With the new Sunderland manager Steve Bruce having identified central defence as a position he needs to strengthen, Dunne would be an ideal fit at the Stadium of Light. Bruce spoke last week at his unveiling on Wearside of shopping at a higher level than at Wigan and Dunne would fall into that category.

With Nyron Nosworthy injured for much of last season, Sunderland signed two centre-halves, Calum Davenport and Tal Ben Haim, on loan as cover, but both have returned to their clubs and Dunne would be an experienced partner for Anton Ferdinand. Nosworthy will also be available again next season.

At 29, Dunne has had another strong season with City. He joined in 2000 from Everton for £3m and was made club captain three years ago. It is only 12 months since he signed a new four-year contract at City, but the new wealthy ownership means the club are looking to recruit heavily this summer in order to mount a serious challenge to the top four next season.

Don't really wanna see the lad go but it's looking likely he may do and if he does I wish him all the best and Thank you. Been a great servent to the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:40 am 
Gallagheresque wrote:
Sunderland have joined what now appears to be a three-way battle to sign Richard Dunne from Manchester City this summer. Stoke City and Tottenham Hotspur are believed to be the other two clubs to have expressed an interest in the centre-half, who is said to be available for around £5m as Mark Hughes rejigs his squad at Eastlands.

Arsenal's Kolo Touré has been linked with a move to City since the beginning of last season, and Everton's Joleon Lescott is also seen as a target. Should Dunne leave, that would seem to signal the arrival of one or both of those defenders. City may have to pay as much as £15m-£20m for either Touré or Lescott but money is unlikely to be a hazard to them.

With the new Sunderland manager Steve Bruce having identified central defence as a position he needs to strengthen, Dunne would be an ideal fit at the Stadium of Light. Bruce spoke last week at his unveiling on Wearside of shopping at a higher level than at Wigan and Dunne would fall into that category.

With Nyron Nosworthy injured for much of last season, Sunderland signed two centre-halves, Calum Davenport and Tal Ben Haim, on loan as cover, but both have returned to their clubs and Dunne would be an experienced partner for Anton Ferdinand. Nosworthy will also be available again next season.

At 29, Dunne has had another strong season with City. He joined in 2000 from Everton for £3m and was made club captain three years ago. It is only 12 months since he signed a new four-year contract at City, but the new wealthy ownership means the club are looking to recruit heavily this summer in order to mount a serious challenge to the top four next season.

Don't really wanna see the lad go but it's looking likely he may do and if he does I wish him all the best and Thank you. Been a great servent to the club.

No way we should sell him just because it's Dunney, ain't it, but that there emboldened bit is a tad generous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:44 am 

Emigre wrote:
No way we should sell him just because it's Dunney, ain't it, but that there emboldened bit is a tad generous.

I've heard he's said he'd like to play for Barcelona.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:45 am 
Benny wrote:
I've heard he's said he'd like to play for Barcelona.

Seriously? Only I thought it was Santos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 am 

Emigre wrote:
Seriously? Only I thought it was Santos.

Robinho has played down reports that he wants to move to Barcelona and insisted he is happy at Manchester City.

The Brazil forward has faced renewed questions over his long-term future after Santos last month claimed he wanted to return to his homeland, but the 25-year-old is adamant he wants to stay in England.
"For now there is just speculation, nothing serious,'' he told O Globo. "I have been given no offer. I can just say Barcelona is a big club and everybody would love playing there.''
Asked about a possible return to Real Madrid, Robinho added: "At the moment, I am not thinking about going back to Real Madrid. I am happy at my club and I want to stay.''
Robinho this week saw his international team-mate Kaka, a January transfer target for City, complete a record-breaking - in sterling terms - move to Madrid.
Robinho wished him well, and playing down concerns he would feel the weight of comparisons to former Madrid great Zinedine Zidane, the previous record signing.
"Zidane is Zidane and Kaka is Kaka,'' said Robinho
"I hope Kaka can write a nice story at Real Madrid as Zidane did.''
Robinho was desperate to leave Madrid last summer when he completed his surprise move to City, but he believes the club are back in good hands now that former president Florentino Perez has returned.
"He is an excellent person,'' Robinho said.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:42 am 
Miggs wrote:
Robinho has played down reports that he wants to move to Barcelona and insisted he is happy at Manchester City.

The Brazil forward has faced renewed questions over his long-term future after Santos last month claimed he wanted to return to his homeland, but the 25-year-old is adamant he wants to stay in England.
"For now there is just speculation, nothing serious,'' he told O Globo. "I have been given no offer. I can just say Barcelona is a big club and everybody would love playing there.''
Asked about a possible return to Real Madrid, Robinho added: "At the moment, I am not thinking about going back to Real Madrid. I am happy at my club and I want to stay.''
Robinho this week saw his international team-mate Kaka, a January transfer target for City, complete a record-breaking - in sterling terms - move to Madrid.
Robinho wished him well, and playing down concerns he would feel the weight of comparisons to former Madrid great Zinedine Zidane, the previous record signing.
"Zidane is Zidane and Kaka is Kaka,'' said Robinho
"I hope Kaka can write a nice story at Real Madrid as Zidane did.''
Robinho was desperate to leave Madrid last summer when he completed his surprise move to City, but he believes the club are back in good hands now that former president Florentino Perez has returned.
"He is an excellent person,'' Robinho said.

Ta, but we were talking about Dunney. Where's the article saying Dunne has turned down Barca and Santos. SO he's going then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 am 

Emigre wrote:
Ta, but we were talking about Dunney. Where's the article saying Dunne has turned down Barca and Santos. SO he's going then.

tut tut

I didnt read the thread did I

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 am 

If Dunne goes to Santos or Barca he can just fuck right off. I swear to god I'll properly boo him when he comes back to play at COMS. Especially if he goes to Santos.

:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:49 am 
Bastard wrote:
If Dunne goes to Santos or Barca he can just fuck right off. I swear to god I'll properly boo him when he comes back to play at COMS. Especially if he goes to Santos.

:mad:

Judus. It's all about the money with him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 424  Next