Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:15 pm 

Liverpool and Manchester United have been reported to the Premier League by Tottenham Hotspur following their respective interest in Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov.

Spurs are unhappy with the conduct of their top-flight rivals following speculation linking Keane with a move to Anfield, and Berbatov with a switch to Old Trafford.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has expressed his interest in Keane, while United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his optimism of concluding a deal for Berbatov.

However, Spurs have criticised the two clubs, with chairman Daniel Levy feeling they have to take the matter up with the Premier League.

Sheer arrogance
"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players," said Levy in a statement on the club's official website.

"It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid.

"This comes after a series of events, dating back to last summer, which have shown Manchester United to be in breach of Premier League (PL) rules. As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Manchester United.

"Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

"The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of PL rules of conduct.

Negative influence
"Our subsequent position has been severely compromised by both clubs making their intentions widely known and indeed making contact with the players and their agents, without the club's permission.

"I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either. However, when a player's head is turned and their commitment is absent, particularly when they occupy key positions such as that of striker, they become a negative influence in a team dressing room in which they were once a positive addition and influence.

"This is the situation we now have on our hands, with both Dimitar and Robbie having made it clear that they wish to leave for Manchester Utd and Liverpool respectively.

"Irrespective of the outcome and futures of Robbie and Dimitar, we are continuing to seek to bring in quality, talented players for the future, who want to play in a Spurs shirt."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 pm 

Ronaldo woah o
Ronaldo woah o
He's gettin on a plane,
And fucking off to Spain
Ronaldo woah o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm 

How dare they say that Sir Alex is a hypocrite
Everyone knows he would never be involved in illegal tapping up. Ask that nice Owen Hargreaves and that foreign chap Teves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:33 pm 

Eggzackerly, Bert. Madrid are doing to them what they've done to everyone else for years, and all of a sudden it's the crime of the century. They've played on the fact that most players want to play for united for years by letting it slip that they're interested and letting the player do the rest. Now there's a bigger dog in the park it's not fair. They make me puke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 pm 

Gibbi - Hoping ManUre get fucked in the anus since the dawn of time

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:42 am 

sour faced, red nosed, two faced scots twonk

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:36 am 

Get off the fence --say what you really think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:12 pm 
Hypocritical C*nt. That's what they should put on his gravestone. Why not get started with that now. You never know your luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:27 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Hypocritical C*nt. That's what they should put on his gravestone. Why not get started with that now. You never know your luck.

Seriously, I dont want taggart to retire until he has the season when it all goes tits up, I think the ol bastard would self implode, he'd be dragged off to a home for the old and mentally infirm gibbering ronaldo constantly and spitting chewing gum at nurses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:34 pm 

manchesterblue wrote:
Seriously, I dont want taggart to retire until he has the season when it all goes tits up, I think the ol bastard would self implode, he'd be dragged off to a home for the old and mentally infirm gibbering ronaldo constantly and spitting chewing gum at nurses.

Brilliant.