Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sporting CP lies
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 am 

Hello everyone, I am Portuguese and supporter of the biggest Portuguese sports club- SL Benfica.

Something I got used to hear the fans (Sporting fans and the club): that the Sporting CP and FC Barcelona are the only clubs in Europe who have European titles-trofhies in four different sports. It amazes me that this news pass without checking its veracity. It would be very easy to detect the error because there is another club in Portugal which have European titles-trofhies in more than 4 different sports- Benfica, with titles in Soccer, Football, Roller Hockey, Athletics, Road Race, Athletics, Cross Country, Paintball, Cycling clubs and a World Clubs Cup in Sport-Fishing.
The SL Benfica won European titles-trophies and 1 World Clubs Cup in 8
different sports.
However, there are still clubs in Europe with more titles in more than
4 different sports.
For some years I have collected information on the winners of the primary evidence in many European club sports (do not look even less evidence of registration as the UEFA Cup or the Cup Winners' Cup), doing a quick search through my files I found with three clubs securities in at least five modes (only European champion):

Dinamo Moskva - male indoor soccer, bandy male, female soccer, ice hockey men, women's volleyball;

CSKA Moskva - male basketball, male ice hockey, water polo male, male and female volleyball, chess men (and also have a UEFA Cup);

C Racing de France - Golf male and female, male judo, swimming, male, female tennis, athletics men.

Sporting, which is as big club, should not engage in these farces created by fans to win arguments tavern. As is well known, a lie told often times becomes a truth, especially towards people misinformed.

However, this is not the only caveat I have to do with information that is passed by the Sporting (and not just by followers, as expected). Last year I went to the elite round of the UEFA Futsal Cup held at the Sporting Odivelas, this event the organization distributed a booklet containing the official program which was written "has won 22 European Cups: 15 in athletics, five in hockey one in a handball and football, being the third European club with the most European cups won. " This information being passed by the club is expected to be done some research work on the subject. I did this research, so I am led to conclude that there has been no part of the club, went over the information without any concern for truth. Knowing the words of the fans, the clubs Sporting admits having more European Cups that are Sporting CP FC Barcelona and Real Madrid CF (I still remember when Sporting sayed that was only the FC Barcelona...), I tell you:

- Is not in the top three European Cups with more taking into account only the terms that the club practice or practiced - besides the two mentioned above, the SC Luch (Moskva) has over 35 only in athletics;

- Is not the Portuguese club with more European Cups - is the Marathon CP at 32 (10 more than Sporting CP), if they want to discount the six that were earned as the Marathon C Maia continues in front;

- FC Barcelona, ​​Real Madrid CF, CP Marathon, CSKA Moskva, SC Luch (Moskva), Dinamo Moskva, Statisztika Budapest, all have more European Cups that the Sporting CP. There may be more but as I said only the main European competition record of each modality, the clubs have mentioned only the Dinamo Moskva have no more than 22 just as European champions.

If Sporting released this information without correct knowledge about them, it would be desirable now that he was informed about these lapses would fix them properly.

http://farmacia-franco.blogspot.com/2011/11/email-enviado-ao-sporting-cp.html

Now i show you for example the European titles-trofhies of CSKA Moskva just in 2 sports-
Ice Hockey and Volleyball- 36 European titles-trofhies...

Ice Hockey-

European Champions Cup:

1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990

Volleyball-

13 times CEV Champions League: 1960, 1962, 1973—1975, 1977, 1982, 1983, 1986—1989, 1991.
European Super-Cup: 1987, 1988, 1991.

Sources-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSKA_Moscow
http://www.cska.ru/
http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/history/all-medallists/club-events/european-cup-1966-1997.html

Oh, and of course it's fake when the Sporting says it is the second
club with more Olympic athletes, just think a little
and finds that Russian clubs, German and other country clubs in Eastern Europe, has over the number that says Sporting.

SL Benfica have 19 european titles-trophies, one more World Clubs Cup won by SL Benfica's Casa-Home, the Casa of SL Benfica in Porto.

different sports-

Soccer, Football, Roller Hockey, Athletics, Road Race, Athletics, Cross Country, Paintball, Cycling clubs and a World Cup in
Sport-Fishing.

But as everyone knows, football is by far the most important
sport, either financially or for the media, comparing football with other sports, compare and count trophies of Football, Athletics, Handball or other
sports as if it were all the same and had the
same value can only be done by clubs and frustrated people, indeed...

I rest my case.

Pirolito1, Ipaslb.

Last edited by Jonhslb on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sporting CP lies
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 am 

I think City win both matches.
Good luck in FA Premier League and UEFA Europa League. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:30 am 

Jonhslb wrote:
Hello everyone, I am Portuguese and supporter of the biggest Portuguese sports club- SL Benfica.

Something I got used to hear the fans (Sporting fans and the club): that the Sporting CP and FC Barcelona are the only clubs in Europe who have European titles-trofhies in four different sports. It amazes me that this news pass without checking its veracity. It would be very easy to detect the error because there is another club in Portugal which have European titles-trofhies in more than 4 different sports- Benfica, with titles in Soccer, Football, Roller Hockey, Athletics, Road Race, Athletics, Cross Country, Paintball, Cycling clubs and a World Clubs Cup in Sport-Fishing.
different sports.
4 different sports.
For some years I have collected information on the winners of the primary evidence in many European club sports (do not look even less evidence of registration as the UEFA Cup or the Cup Winners' Cup), doing a quick search through my files I found with three clubs securities in at least five modes (only European champion):

Dinamo Moskva - male indoor soccer, bandy male, female soccer, ice hockey men, women's volleyball;

CSKA Moskva - male basketball, male ice hockey, water polo male, male and female volleyball, chess men (and also have a UEFA Cup);

C Racing de France - Golf male and female, male judo, swimming, male, female tennis, athletics men.

Sporting, which is as big club, should not engage in these farces created by fans to win arguments tavern. As is well known, a lie told often times becomes a truth, especially towards people misinformed.

However, this is not the only caveat I have to do with information that is passed by the Sporting (and not just by followers, as expected). Last year I went to the elite round of the UEFA Futsal Cup held at the Sporting Odivelas, this event the organization distributed a booklet containing the official program which was written "has won 22 European Cups: 15 in athletics, five in hockey one in a handball and football, being the third European club with the most European cups won. " This information being passed by the club is expected to be done some research work on the subject. I did this research, so I am led to conclude that there has been no part of the club, went over the information without any concern for truth. Knowing the words of the fans, the clubs Sporting admits having more European Cups that are Sporting CP FC Barcelona and Real Madrid CF (I still remember when Sporting sayed that was only the FC Barcelona...), I tell you:

- Is not in the top three European Cups with more taking into account only the terms that the club practice or practiced - besides the two mentioned above, the SC Luch (Moskva) has over 35 only in athletics;

- Is not the Portuguese club with more European Cups - is the Marathon CP at 32 (10 more than Sporting CP), if they want to discount the six that were earned as the Marathon C Maia continues in front;

- FC Barcelona, ​​Real Madrid CF, CP Marathon, CSKA Moskva, SC Luch (Moskva), Dinamo Moskva, Statisztika Budapest, all have more European Cups that the Sporting CP. There may be more but as I said only the main European competition record of each modality, the clubs have mentioned only the Dinamo Moskva have no more than 22 just as European champions.

If Sporting released this information without correct knowledge about them, it would be desirable now that he was informed about these lapses would fix them properly.

Now i show you for example the European titles-trofhies of CSKA Moskva just in 2 sports-

Ice Hockey-

European Champions Cup:

1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990

Volleyball-

13 times CEV Champions League: 1960, 1962, 1973—1975, 1977, 1982, 1983, 1986—1989, 1991.

http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/history/all-medallists/club-events/european-cup-1966-1997.html

and finds that Russian clubs, German and other country clubs in Eastern Europe, has over the number that says Sporting.

SL Benfica have 19 european titles-trophies, one more World Clubs Cup won by SL Benfica's Casa-Home, the Casa of SL Benfica in Porto.

different sports-

Soccer, Football, Roller Hockey, Athletics, Road Race, Athletics, Cross Country, Paintball, Cycling clubs and a World Cup in
Sport-Fishing.

sport, either financially or for the media, comparing football with other sports, compare and count trophies of Football, Athletics, Handball or other

I rest my case.

Pirolito1, Ipaslb.

what the...................................? :think:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:07 am 

Mental

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:55 am 

:clap:

Wow.. who gives a shit?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:03 am 

All this just for 2 football matches.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 am 

Jonhslb wrote:

different sports.
4 different sports.

Ice Hockey-

European Champions Cup:

Volleyball-

different sports-

Sport-Fishing.

I rest my case.

Pirolito1, Ipaslb.

Roller hockey, paintball and fishing lol

Oo er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 am 

I m good at Pinball nd FIFA2012, can i play for Sporting CF?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:58 am 

All i think of now, when i think of sporting is....Image

sporting cp...world champions of talking rubbish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:17 am 

si senor mucho rubbisho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm 

great first post.

you have two choices, either be funny or be so mental that no one quite knows what the fuck you're on about.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:02 pm 

where's our paintball team ffs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 am 

I rest my case.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:47 pm 

Jonhslb wrote:

I rest my case.

Hey there. I understand your frustration, but the plain and simple fact is that no one gives a shit on how many titles Sporting have. This is a Man City forum. Even I, a Benfica fan, couldn't care less about how many ridiculous titles they have.

Yesterday I went to my girlfriend's house (near Sporting stadium), and everyone was wild near bus and metropolitan stations... like they won Champions League! This pretty much sums up the "grandiosity" of that wanna-be historical club. :hand:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:15 pm 

our domestic tv commentators repeatedly made the point that this game was the highlight of sporting's calendar. not far wrong apparently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
our domestic tv commentators repeatedly made the point that this game was the highlight of sporting's calendar. not far wrong apparently.

Yes. They're hysterical today. But they have been going through some rough times lately, so I can accept that. I just don't need them to hassle me all the time with it. Thank god I have headphones at work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:29 pm 

Still don't understand why they think we should care about their athletic and table tennis titles :think:

Benfica fans are the best :TopHat1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:47 am 

Gobby wrote:
Still don't understand why they think we should care about their athletic and table tennis titles :think:

Benfica fans are the best :TopHat1

Thanks, mate. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:49 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:51 am 

Paddington Blue wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: