Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: L'Arsene
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:27 am 

He's not a stand-up guy is he? Here we have a very strange individual. Undoubtedly a talented football manager, he built and maintained for near 2 years one of the best squads the Premier League and perhaps the world has ever witnessed and without spending anywhere near what others have *ahem*

But he has faults, and they are getting larger. He is becoming a satire of a stubborn old man.

He claims that in football '"Yes. We respect everybody and want to be respected as well." but refuses to shake the spurs assistant manager's hand after losing...and denies it. Not the first time is it? We all remember when he refused to shake Mark Hughes hand as we lambasted his side 3 - 1 two seasons ago at our place.

He is a pathetic little whiny poof who claims to miss anything that may be critical of his team but has eagle eyes when it goes the other way. It used to be almost acceptable while his team were good. Now he's just sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:41 am 

A likkle cheeky bid for van persie in the transfer window , just enough to turn his head followed buy a whopper , fink that would senda venga over the edge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:12 am 

He built a nice team, when they were all fit. Too fragile period. Not enough English players, hence no backbone to the team. Despite having 6 or 7 international captains no clear cut leader figure. They were just brittle and between ourselves and Barcalona we've taken most of the good guys who are left. You can't lose two players of such massive quality (Nasri and Fibreglass), fail to replace them and expect to be the same.

It's a shame because England could use Wilshere, Gibbs and Walcott but I get the impression they're going to have injury issues their entire careers.

Didn't Clichy comment on his suprise that City actually tackle each other in training? lol

Arsenal can probally be saved but I reckon it would take at least a hundred million, and overhall of training staff and methods. They need somebody like Barton, a guy who's going to push the other team around and mouth off would do them so much good. We're lucky at City that we have a whole squad of guys who don't seem to be easily pushed around. We just set Zabs on them I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:19 am 

Tresidentevil wrote:
He built a nice team, when they were all fit. Too fragile period. Not enough English players, hence no backbone to the team. Despite having 6 or 7 international captains no clear cut leader figure. They were just brittle and between ourselves and Barcalona we've taken most of the good guys who are left. You can't lose two players of such massive quality (Nasri and Fibreglass), fail to replace them and expect to be the same.

It's a shame because England could use Wilshere, Gibbs and Walcott but I get the impression they're going to have injury issues their entire careers.

Didn't Clichy comment on his suprise that City actually tackle each other in training? lol

Arsenal can probally be saved but I reckon it would take at least a hundred million, and overhall of training staff and methods. They need somebody like Barton, a guy who's going to push the other team around and mouth off would do them so much good. We're lucky at City that we have a whole squad of guys who don't seem to be easily pushed around. We just set Zabs on them I guess.

not true. when they had paddy they had spine. english players doesn't matter, just age and mentality. they have too many whingers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 am 

Despite a general dislike of crims/Micks/spics/Arabs/foreigners in general, I quite like Wenger. He's mad as fuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:00 am 

I was formerly a fan. He's getting more whiny-arsed by the minute.

Aussies can fuck off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:06 am 

it's the petulance that comes from being fucked by all and sundry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Aussies can fuck off.

This.

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
it's the petulance that comes from being fucked by all and sundry.

Precisely. I hate their stupid accents and their TV shows too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:55 am 

Stupid fucking accents and TV shows, but I don't think the latter will be too much of a problem for much longer. Apparently the creators of 'Neighbours' have started studying 'Coronation Street' in order to better entertain audiences. So that could be at least something. A start maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:30 pm 

Actually I think an english team having english players is hugely important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 pm 

well actually, i think the nationality is less important than their character.

they have english players now, are they doing any better than when they didn't?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm 

I always quite like Arse club and manager, only team that beat the rags in into second place occaisoally whilst growing up.

They had they shell of a great team last season and this summer was imperative for them. Had they kept either 1 of Nasri or Fabregas and added a spine. A quality centre half, DM and striker they would imo been title challengers.

Thankfully they didnt and now thier whole season relys on 2 player in Vermaelen and Van Persie both are injury plagued, And they're stuck with a load of kids again who will grow into decent players but will want out as soon as a club who will spend money and challenge for trophies comes in for them, and they'll replace them with a new batch of kids......

Spending a fortune in January maybe the last chance to save them from becoming a feeder club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
well actually, i think the nationality is less important than their character.

they have english players now, are they doing any better than when they didn't?

They need stereotypical English types of player, Strong, hard working, no nonsense and so on but many foreigners possess these qualities, Zab for instance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm 

or de jong.

and yep to previous post as well. that centre half they did sign is too slow. barton wouldn't have been as daft a call as it first appears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:56 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
They need stereotypical English types of player, Strong, hard working, no nonsense and so on but many foreigners possess these qualities, Zab for instance.

to fit in they also need to want to get rid of the ball as soon as it comes their way. what is the point of time and skill on the ball?
dirty foreigners!!! who needs that Barca rubbish?!

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:03 pm 

Very much agree with the type of player you guys are mentioning. All very true.

But having english players goes beyond the type of guys they are, it's a separate issue . Think about the culture and indentity of a team. What kind of a situation would it be if everybody was speaking different languages? Not to mention teams should be promoting English football and ensuring we have good players for the future. How the fuck does training tonnes of spanish and french kids benefit ENGLISH football? Especially since they eventually all fuck off to Barcalona etc? Not to mention the wages involved are usually immense.

I'm not saying avoid foreign players, quite the opposite. We need foreign players with different techniques and mindsets to our home grown ones because it compliments what we have.

Arsenal fail because their squad has no foundation, nothing solid to build on. Their entire club is just up in the air. Yeah they can play beautiful football on the right day but you need more than that. What is their team built around? Emulating Barcalona? Thats always going to ensure your team is second best. Take Barca as an example, amazing team. No denial there, it's a Spanish team built around Spanish players and it works.

Now I know you're all going to disagree with me. But I am right in what I'm saying.

Teams should be built around homegrown players. End of story. And I don't think Arsenal have that, not in the slightest. Regardless of the handful of English guys they have.

They utterly lack unity. I hate Arsenal anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:48 am 

I wouldn't be against the Idea if Wenger became England Manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:54 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
I wouldn't be against the Idea if Wenger became England Manager.

Where'd that come from?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Where'd that come from?!

Carraghers just been on Talksport they were saying about England should have an england Manager and i just thought, i wouldn't mind if Wenger got the gig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm 

I'd give Wenger the gig just to see the look on Catflap's face.