Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blatter again
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:23 am 

Anyone else read this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7499028.stm
Fifa president Sepp Blatter believes Cristiano Ronaldo should be allowed to leave Manchester United for Real Madrid - if the winger wants such a switch.

The Spanish champions are yet to make a formal bid but Ronaldo, 23, has said it would be a "dream" to play for Real.

Blatter insists players should be free to play where they want, comparing transfer trends to "modern slavery".

"I'm always in favour of protecting the player and if the player wants to leave let him leave," he told Sky News.

"If the player wants to play somewhere else, then a solution should be found because if he stays in a club where he does not feel comfortable to play then it's not good for the player and for the club.

"I think in football there's too much modern slavery in transferring players or buying players here and there, and putting them somewhere.

"We are trying now to intervene in such cases. The reaction to the Bosman law is to make long-lasting contracts in order to keep the players and then if he wants to leave, then there is only one solution, he has to pay his contract."

Portugal international Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals as United won the Premier League title and Champions League last season, has a deal until 2012 and the club have repeatedly said he is not for sale.

However, that has not stopped Real president Ramon Calderon pursuing his services and he echoed Blatter's comments last week, saying that Ronaldo will be the one to ultimately decide his future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
:confused:

He wants to put restrictions on the number of foreigners at clubs, whch could be argued as opposing the freedom that he is now proposing.
He wants to support the world game and stand up for the smaller clubs, so he claims, yet the transfer fee is vital to some clubs.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:25 am 

If Blatter had his way you'd have the two captains toss a coin for "first pick" before the start of every game.

If players don't want to sign a contract with a club then don't sign one. It's that simple boys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 am 

The silly old prick needs putting down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:42 am 

Just makes me laugh how he is telling a club that they should let a player move. He has overstepped the mark, as he does on a daily basis. The blokes an arse. Why FIFA is allowed to continue existing, is beyond me.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 am 

I think its funny in this instance though, fergie will be going purple.:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:53 am 

FIFA awarded the TV rights to a company called Infront Sports and Media, which is Swiss based after Kirsch Media collapsed. This copmpany was 100% responsible for all TV contracts and coverage globally. It was thought that they would also be awarded the 2010 World Cup too.

http://www.infrontsports.com/about-us/group-management.html

http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/specials/euro2008/womens_touch/Swiss_family_Blatter_extends_sporting_influence.html?siteSect=22251&sid=6927206&cKey=1154526021000&ty=st&detectflash=false

Blatter, eh? Not dirty?
:rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 am 

another winner from the man that said women footballers should wear tighter shorts and tops to increase interest

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:03 am 

Timpblue wrote:
another winner from the man that said women footballers should wear tighter shorts and tops to increase interest

His best idea ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:17 am 

Blatter is a bit like a nutter who sits at the bar by himself and shouts out inane comments during a TV match that everyone else tries to ignore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 am 

slart wrote:
Blatter is a bit like a nutter who sits at the bar by himself and shouts out inane comments during a TV match that everyone else tries to ignore.

but like a rich nutter, who's generous to those close to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:22 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
but like a rich nutter, who's generous to those close to him.

*sidles over*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:51 am 

a slave on nearly a half a mill a month - chain me up !

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 am 

Timpblue wrote:
a slave on nearly a half a mill a month - chain me up !

Yeah, it's not generally known that most slaves were on that kind of money actually.
Kind of makes some of those Bob Marley tunes just a little bit less valid in my opinion.

(Blatter and the showpony should be shot btw, if they'd made a similar comparison to the holocaust victims they probably would be)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:45 am 

blatter is quite comical i find it amusing every time he comes out and says anything

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:23 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:
blatter is quite comical i find it amusing every time he comes out and says anything

I find him offensive. And I hate him with a passion. Slave? on £120,000 a week? Ronaldo's just as bad cuz he agrees with him. It's got nothing to do with slavery, it's about honoring a contract, an agreement that he happily entered into at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 am 

Blatter is the C word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:27 am 

looking on the bright side, this is all providing me with immense enterntainment at work

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:30 am 

ESM wrote:
Blatter is the C word.

I'm gonna use it from now on. I can't think of a worse thing to be called. You Blatter! You fucking Blatter! Yeah, I'm liking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:00 pm 

Blatter, what a complete arse. Salves don’t get paid, just sold for free labor. Slaves don’t get a choice either if they want to be a slave or not.

Footballers however, hold clubs to ransom for extortionate wages, they are nearer modern day extortionists than slaves. The PFA and Agents are to blame, im all for peoples rights, but if you sign a contract for 5 or 7 years, you should honor it or buy back what is remaining and the club gets all the transfer fee and the player zero. Otherwise, what’s to stop players changing their minds like the wind.

The other thing is to stop all transfer fees and draft players each year, like American football. The club saves on the transfer fee, but wages go up I guess and smaller clubs go under.

The only bright side to this is Fergie is probably doing his not. Blatter clearly hates the English and the English league and its success.

As for the TV rights, so, no back handers their then. Wasn’t he investigated before for corruption? He should keep his gob shut and be forced to resign by FIFA, do the rest not realize that he is making a laughing stock out of them!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:01 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
Blatter, what a complete arse. [color="Red"]Salves don’t get paid, just sold for free labor. Slaves don’t get a choice either if they want to be a slave or not. [/color]

Footballers however, hold clubs to ransom for extortionate wages, they are nearer modern day extortionists than slaves. The PFA and Agents are to blame, im all for peoples rights, but if you sign a contract for 5 or 7 years, you should honor it or buy back what is remaining and the club gets all the transfer fee and the player zero. Otherwise, what’s to stop players changing their minds like the wind.

The other thing is to stop all transfer fees and draft players each year, like American football. The club saves on the transfer fee, but wages go up I guess and smaller clubs go under.

The only bright side to this is Fergie is probably doing his not. Blatter clearly hates the English and the English league and its success.

As for the TV rights, so, no back handers their then. Wasn’t he investigated before for corruption? He should keep his gob shut and be forced to resign by FIFA, do the rest not realize that he is making a laughing stock out of them!!

Max Mosely might not agree. (allegedly)