Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:08 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
Blatter, what a complete arse. Salves don’t get paid, just sold for free labor. Slaves don’t get a choice either if they want to be a slave or not.

Footballers however, hold clubs to ransom for extortionate wages, they are nearer modern day extortionists than slaves. The PFA and Agents are to blame, im all for peoples rights, but if you sign a contract for 5 or 7 years, you should honor it or buy back what is remaining and the club gets all the transfer fee and the player zero. Otherwise, what’s to stop players changing their minds like the wind.

The other thing is to stop all transfer fees and draft players each year, like American football. The club saves on the transfer fee, but wages go up I guess and smaller clubs go under.

The only bright side to this is Fergie is probably doing his not. Blatter clearly hates the English and the English league and its success.

As for the TV rights, so, no back handers their then. Wasn’t he investigated before for corruption? He should keep his gob shut and be forced to resign by FIFA, do the rest not realize that he is making a laughing stock out of them!!

Not if they all line up, then I pick one, you pick one, I pick one... and so on and so forth. Just like we used to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:09 pm 

Cloudyshin O'Watra wrote:
Max Mosely might not agree. (allegedly)

I didn't realise till today that he's the son of Oswald Mosely. It was in todays Times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
I didn't realise till today that he's the son of Oswald Mosely. It was in todays Times.

I think this is why the "nazi" accusation is so significant Jeebs.

He's tried to distance himself from papa's brown shirted past but the chickens appear to have come home to shit on his head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:20 pm 

A silly old bastard wrote:
"I think in football there's too much modern slavery in transferring players or buying players here and there, and putting them somewhere.

Am I the only person that read this as:

"I think in football there's too much modern slavery in English teams not giving their players to foreign clubs, or just buying any foreign players at all and putting them in England, in fact lets just build a huge fucking wall along the north of France." ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:24 pm 

Cloudyshin O'Watra wrote:
I think this is why the "nazi" accusation is so significant Jeebs.

He's tried to distance himself from papa's brown shirted past but the chickens appear to have come home to shit on his head.

I know, I can see that now. It's just today was the first time seen it written down or heard it said, it just never occurred to me before. I did wonder what all the fuss was about, and now it all makes a lot more sense.:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:27 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Am I the only person that read this as:

"I think in football there's too much modern slavery in English teams not giving their players to foreign clubs, or just buying any foreign players at all and putting them in England, in fact lets just build a huge fucking wall along the north of France." ?

If you're tryin' to say you think he's anti english, then you would be 100% correct. I've thought that for a long time. Platini is going the same way too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:56 pm 

RONALDO TO STAR IN REMAKE OF 'ROOTS'
FOOTBALLER Cristiano Ronaldo is being lined up to star in a multi-million dollar remake of the epic TV series Roots.

Ronaldo has demanded £3.5m per episodeProducers say the star's treatment at the hands of Manchester United make him the perfect choice to portray the young African slave who is beaten by his brutal masters.

The Portuguese winger said he had been traumatised by 'outrageous' demands that he honour the £125,000 a week, legally-binding contract, which has brought him only, misery, adulation and Gemma Atkinson.

Speaking from the titanium gazebo in the rose garden of his 31-room mansion, Ronaldo said: "I feel I can relate to the suffering of African slaves.

"If anything, it is worse, because footballers cannot sing while we work, whereas they had time to develop gospel music during their 16-hours shifts before dropping dead from exhaustion."

In the series a young African boy is dragged from his homeland and shipped to America where he is forced to work in the fields by a cruel and violent plantation owner.

"The similarities are uncanny, though admittedly, the Lear Jet that flew me from Lisbon to Manchester wasn't packed with 150 other players sleeping head-to-toe."

Ronaldo also conceded that, while the slave-master in Roots administered brutal beatings, Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson had nurtured his talent, lavished him with praise and turned him into one of the best footballers in the world.

"But without the freedom to do whatever I want, wherever I want, for whatever fee I want, I am exactly the same as a cotton picker forced to live in a shed, dying at the age of 32."

He added: "I know the people will love my acting. Already, in the streets, I hear many of them calling me 'Kunta'."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:16 pm 

He's a prat who is just really jealous of english football his rants used to be amusing but he's going to far, he should be grateful to the english for inventing football where we he be without it, he and Platini are just a pair of outspoken bitter old twats. FIFA should be run by neutrals not former players only intrested in their countrys best intrests, comparing footballers and slaves I thought it was a joke when I heard it, That smarmy little ladboys just as bad for agreeing with him I hope he stays can't wait for the derby so ball can finish him off or even beteer we should get thatcher back just for them games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:50 pm 

ESM wrote:
RONALDO TO STAR IN REMAKE OF 'ROOTS'
FOOTBALLER Cristiano Ronaldo is being lined up to star in a multi-million dollar remake of the epic TV series Roots.

Ronaldo has demanded £3.5m per episodeProducers say the star's treatment at the hands of Manchester United make him the perfect choice to portray the young African slave who is beaten by his brutal masters.

The Portuguese winger said he had been traumatised by 'outrageous' demands that he honour the £125,000 a week, legally-binding contract, which has brought him only, misery, adulation and Gemma Atkinson.

Speaking from the titanium gazebo in the rose garden of his 31-room mansion, Ronaldo said: "I feel I can relate to the suffering of African slaves.

"If anything, it is worse, because footballers cannot sing while we work, whereas they had time to develop gospel music during their 16-hours shifts before dropping dead from exhaustion."

In the series a young African boy is dragged from his homeland and shipped to America where he is forced to work in the fields by a cruel and violent plantation owner.

"The similarities are uncanny, though admittedly, the Lear Jet that flew me from Lisbon to Manchester wasn't packed with 150 other players sleeping head-to-toe."

Ronaldo also conceded that, while the slave-master in Roots administered brutal beatings, Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson had nurtured his talent, lavished him with praise and turned him into one of the best footballers in the world.

"But without the freedom to do whatever I want, wherever I want, for whatever fee I want, I am exactly the same as a cotton picker forced to live in a shed, dying at the age of 32."

He added: "I know the people will love my acting. Already, in the streets, I hear many of them calling me 'Kunta'."

Very good