Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:23 am 

so he's going to put a transfer request in then is he?

wigan have got a better chance of winning the league than the dippers right now

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:35 am 

Timpblue wrote:
so he's going to put a transfer request in then is he?

wigan have got a better chance of winning the league than the dippers right now

gerrard to chelsea in july.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:50 am 

They're not that shit any ore, they're 4th unsurprisingly.

Torres goal yesterday? Sheeeezusss. :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 am 

I bet Gerrard weeps at night when he thinks about how he failed to sign for Chelsea a few years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 am 

Thing is the scousers always seem to pull something out of the bag. The only team that they have to play between now and the end of the season is Chelsea. So I think they will get 5 wins and 1 defeat. 69 points

Spurs have some tricky games like UTD, Chelsea and Arsenal. They also have to come to us. If they do not get any points from the big 3 then I think they will finish below us. They are likely to win the other 3 games and if we beat them they will finish with 67 points

City, well who knows, if we can get 6 points from the next 2 games, then win all the other games except for Arse and UTD, then we will have 71 points That is a very big ask. I think Liverpool are favourites at the moment for 4th and its between us and Spurs for 5th. I would like to be wrong and we win every game till the end of the season, but I am not confident that we will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 am 

I think there is a good chance all three finish on 69 points,....goal difference will kill it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I think there is a good chance all three finish on 69 points,....goal difference will kill [B]it[/B].

us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 pm 

Rikster74 wrote:
Thing is the scousers always seem to pull something out of the bag. The only team that they have to play between now and the end of the season is Chelsea. So I think they will get 5 wins and 1 defeat. 69 points

Spurs have some tricky games like UTD, Chelsea and Arsenal. They also have to come to us. If they do not get any points from the big 3 then I think they will finish below us. They are likely to win the other 3 games and if we beat them they will finish with 67 points

City, well who knows, if we can get 6 points from the next 2 games, then win all the other games except for Arse and UTD, then we will have 71 points That is a very big ask. I think Liverpool are favourites at the moment for 4th and its between us and Spurs for 5th. I would like to be wrong and we win every game till the end of the season, but I am not confident that we will.

i'll be fucking livid if the bin dippers pinch 4th at the death. i may even..... prefer it if spuds beat them out of the top 4, if we can't do it. liverpool's time has come, they need to spend a few years in mid-table mediocrity without chump league revenue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 am 

I think people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Scouse fans must be saying 'how the fuck are City 5th, they looked shite.'

And right now we are a one man team, maybe two including Bellamy.

We won last night with a bit of luck but it could well have gone t'other way. Rapt with 3 points though, take the money and run. :whistle:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am 

good point, but i'd say liverpool have been even shitter than us overall, and don't have the excuse of being a newly assembled team, or one that has changed managers halfway through the season. benitez's recurring rants about having no money to spend in the summer (cos you wasted it all already rafa) or how the league favours other teams, or whatever, combined with their assumed right to be in europe every season will make their failure all the sweeter. like i say, i might even be content if spuds got 4th over liverpool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 am 

Good points but never, EVER spuds over liverpool. No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:05 am 

it is a situation of equal evil tbh. shame villa are fucking up as well. i like having a back up option that i can be relatively content with if city's push fails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 am 

Rafael Benítez aims to keep Fernando Torres happy at Liverpool• Striker wants club to make 'four or five' significant signings
• 'The first thing we can do is win games,' says manager
(1)Tweet this (11)Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 30 March 2010 09.50 BST
Article history

Fernando Torres wants Liverpool to make 'four or five' significant signings in the summer. Photograph: Nigel Roddis/Reuters

The Liverpool manager, Rafael Benítez, hopes to keep Fernando Torres happy by going on a winning run until the end of the season to secure Champions League football.

The Spain international has stressed he is more concerned with significant investment in the Liverpool squad to make them title challengers than he is with playing in Europe's elite club competition.

However, considering the state of the finances at Anfield, where the £237m debt has yet to be reduced, Champions League football may be more attainable than the "four or five" signings Torres wants.

"All the players we have at the moment are important and Fernando is one of the key players," said Benítez. "If a striker is scoring goals he is a very important player and in trying to keep him happy the first thing we can do is win the games this year and try to be in the top four."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 pm 

how are they going to make ANY signings, let alone 'significant' ones with no money?

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:29 pm 

playing pro evo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:17 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
how are they going to make ANY signings, let alone 'significant' ones with no money?

Maybe their "tradition" and "history" will be enough to attract the best players in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:19 pm 

Well, here is my donation to the Liverpool cause. I noticed they haven't got a pot to piss in.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:08 pm 

slart wrote:
Well, here is my donation to the Liverpool cause. I noticed they haven't got a pot to piss in.....

If they do have a pot they're going to have to sell it!

Quote:
Liverpool's parent company posted a huge loss of £54.9m for the year ended on 31 July 2009 as debt interest payments and severance costs hit hard.

The loss was 34% worse than 2008's figure as £40.1m went on servicing the club's £351.4m debt to Royal Bank of Scotland and US firm Wachovia.

Pay-offs to senior staff, including former chief executive Rick Parry, accounted for a further £4.3m.

BBC Sport understands that Parry's severance package was £3m.

Dippered well and truely fucked.

They're going to have to sell any player they get a decent offer for I reckon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:24 pm 

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 pm 

The Times is reporting that the Dippers board are offering Fat Rafa £3Mill to walk!

Quote:
Liverpool have attempted to pave the way for Rafael Benitez’s departure by offering their manager a compromise deal to leave the club this summer.

In what amounts to a vote of no confidence in Benitez, the Liverpool board approved a proposal to the Spaniard which would see him depart Anfield with a lucrative pay off worth in the region of £3 million up front.

According to the terms of the five-year contract he signed in March 2009, Benitez is entitled to a £16 million severance package but given their current financial predicament there is no possibility of Liverpool being able to come up with that kind of money, regardless of their desire to bring about a change of manager.

As such, the club’s hierarchy is hoping that Benitez will stand aside without demanding the windfall that he would otherwise due or else they will have no option but to allow him to continue in the role he has been in since the summer of 2004 in the knowledge that he is no longer wanted.

Blah, blah, blah . . . .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7142868.ece

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next