Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 pm 

I really don't like Liverpool but it's absolutely fucking horrible what Hicks is doing, he's a horrible bastard and needs to fuck off out of English football forever. We came very, very close to going under before ADUG bought us and it shouldn't happen to any club. Watching Liverpool play like shit is hilarious, watching a club get torn apart by incompetent greedy American businessmen is shit and no-one should enjoy it, and you're both very short sighted for doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
I really don't like Liverpool but it's absolutely fucking horrible what Hicks is doing, he's a horrible bastard and needs to fuck off out of English football forever. We came very, very close to going under before ADUG bought us and it shouldn't happen to any club. Watching Liverpool play like shit is hilarious, watching a club get torn apart by incompetent greedy American businessmen is shit and no-one should enjoy it, and you're both very short sighted for doing so.

As if Hicks is going to emerge from the rubble unscathed and victorious - he's had his fingers badly burnt no matter what happens to Liverpool from here on in. Fuck Liverpool - they've had decades of glory to keep them warm at night if they go through a little barren spell. The only downside is that they'll probably get more pleasure out of feeling victimized if they do crumble than if they pulled themselves out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Hicks, Gillett and the Glazers are the best thing to happen to football in years IMO. Don't worry about the scousers, they still have their history:).
Yeah and as SEC says, the yanks will have lost a bomb if this sale goes through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
The only downside is that they'll probably get more pleasure out of feeling victimized if they do crumble than if they pulled themselves out of it.

boac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:01 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
Yeah and as SEC says, the yanks will have lost a bomb if this sale goes through.

Deservedly, they've been fucking sports clubs the world over for ages now. About time it caught up to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:06 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Deservedly, they've been fucking sports clubs the world over for ages now. About time it caught up to them.

They are evil capitalists presumably:rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:

Don't give me that shit, look at what they did to Corinthians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:10 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Don't give me that shit, look at what they did to Corinthians.

Meh.
I see they are self made, must have something about them to get so rich off their own backs, fair play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:12 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
Meh.
I see they are self made, must have something about them to get so rich off their own backs, fair play.

How absolutely irrelevant.

'Meh' is not a comeback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:14 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
How absolutely irrelevant.

'Meh' is not a comeback.

It wasn't meant to be a comeback, I was expressing my apathy, it's not something I get my knickers in a twist about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:17 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
It wasn't meant to be a comeback, I was expressing my apathy, it's not something I get my knickers in a twist about.

Your apathy was not in question, it was the ridiculous assertion that my dislike of H+G is down to dislike of capitalism as opposed to their specific business model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:19 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Your apathy was not in question, it was the ridiculous assertion that my dislike of H+G is down to dislike of capitalism as opposed to their specific business model.

There has to be more to it, surely it can't just be because you feel sorry for the dippers. There has to be some lefty student aspect to it doesn't there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:31 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
There has to be more to it, surely it can't just be because you feel sorry for the dippers. There has to be some lefty student aspect to it doesn't there?

not this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:52 pm 

Damn, the sale has gone through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:59 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
Damn, the sale has gone through.

Well let's admit it, it was inevitable. However, does it mean that what is broken is now fixed? There's still some way to go until Liverpool is back in the position where it's fans believe they have a right to be.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:03 pm 

On the positive side, now that NESV have a club it's one less potential purchaser for the scum when they are in the same situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:05 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:
Well let's admit it, it was inevitable. However, does it mean that what is broken is now fixed? There's still some way to go until Liverpool is back in the position where it's fans believe they have a right to be.

They need transfer investment near the scale of ours and possibly a new ground to achieve that. I can't see it, a few years mid table for them IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:22 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
They need transfer investment near the scale of ours and possibly a new ground to achieve that. I can't see it, a few years mid table for them IMO.

exactly. but i think there is more of this to come (next up Trafford Rovers). plus it could come to a point where they break it, as fans are further priced out as they try and take the Prem further globally.
time will tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:33 pm 

That bloke from their supporter's club's voice goes right through me:mad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next