Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:52 pm 

I'll have a big belly laugh when the dippers find themselves stuck in mid-table.

Watching Phil Thompson whine and squeal his way through Sky on Saturday mornings will be great. The scouse twat seems to think his beloved Liverpool have a divine right to win the prem.

Bollocks to them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:53 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Hodgson is now finding out what everyone else already knew, the club is in tatters.

Mascherano wants away, so that is their best players gone or on their way;

Benayoun, Mascherano, Torres, Gerrard
. I have no sympathy for Roy or the club's fans.

true

but jamie carragher is staying

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:56 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
true

but jamie carragher is staying

He was great during the World Cup, wasn't he.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 am 

From Liverpool's official site.

Quote:
Board agree proposed sale
6th Oct 2010 - Latest News

Liverpool Football Club today announces that the Board has agreed the sale of the Club to New England Sports Ventures (NESV).

New England Sports Ventures currently owns a portfolio of companies including the Boston Red Sox, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Roush Fenway Racing.

Martin Broughton, Liverpool FC Chairman, said:

"I am delighted that we have been able to successfully conclude the sale process which has been thorough and extensive. The Board decided to accept NESV's proposal on the basis that it best met the criteria we set out originally for a suitable new owner. NESV's philosophy is all about winning and they have fully demonstrated that at Red Sox.

"We've met them in Boston, London and Liverpool over several weeks and I am immensely impressed with what they have achieved and with their vision for Liverpool Football Club.

"By removing the burden of acquisition debt, this offer allows us to focus on investment in the team. I am only disappointed that the owners have tried everything to prevent the deal from happening and that we need to go through legal proceedings in order to complete the sale."

Note to editors:

The sale is conditional on Premier League approval, resolution of the dispute concerning Board membership and other matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 am 

It looks like we have lost our comedy club status to Livelpool, what a drama:whistle:

Hicks set to fight Liverpool sale to NESV in High Court
Tom Hicks (left) and George Gillett
Hicks (right) and Gillett took over at Liverpool in February 2007

Tom Hicks has vowed to fight the £300m sale of Liverpool in the High Court.

Reds directors agreed the deal with New England Sports Ventures, but co-owners Hicks and George Gillett claim they changed the board and stopped the sale.

However, chairman Martin Broughton has stated that the American duo do not have the power to change the board.

The issue is now set for a legal dispute with Hicks telling BBC 5 live's Brian Alexander in an e-mail: "That's why there are laws and courts."

The Liverpool board consisting of Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre outvoted Hicks and Gillett in agreeing the sale.
Liverpool commercial director Ian Ayre (left) and managing director Christian Purslow
Hicks claims Ayre (left) and Purslow were removed from the Reds board

However, in an effort to keep control of the Anfield side, Hicks and Gillett have claimed they have replaced Liverpool's managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre with Hicks' son Mack and Lori Kay McCutcheon, a vice president at Hicks Holdings - giving the co-owners a majority on the board and with it the ability to block any sale.

When asked about the takeover by Alexander, Hicks replied: "We legally reconstituted the board and the board does not approve of this transaction."

Then asked how he and Gillett could block the move, Hicks added: "We have removed Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre."

Hicks and Gillett believe that the deal with NESV, which owns the Boston Red Sox baseball team, undervalues the Merseyside outfit and, if it were to go through, would see them lose about £140m.

Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

Martin Broughton interview in full

However, Broughton, who was brought in to oversee the sale of the club in April, insisted on Wednesday that he and the rest of the board have the authority to push through the deal.

"When I took the role they gave a couple of written undertakings to Royal Bank of Scotland - that I was the only person entitled to change the board and that they would take no action to frustrate any reasonable sale," stated Broughton.

"I think they flagrantly abused both of those written undertakings. I have the casting vote."

DAN ROAN'S BLOG
The fans have experienced too many false dawns - from China, Syria and Dubai - to get carried away

Dan Roan, BBC sports news

The issue is now likely to go to the High Court next week, while the Premier League also has to ratify the deal, though it is thought to be happy with NESV's proposed business plan.

If a ruling goes the way of Hicks and Gillett then the pair will have to negotiate the hurdle of the 15 October deadline set by Royal Bank of Scotland to repay the £240m of loans and £40m of fees they are owed.

RBS could then place Liverpool into administration, with the possibility of selling the club to NESV remaining .

NESV has said it will remove "all acquisition debt" if it buys the club and Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is looking forward to the arrival of a group which also owns American baseball team Boston Red Sox.

Cannot play media.You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version

Morgan hopes Liverpool turmoil will be resolved

"It's very positive and of course I'm delighted," he told the Liverpool website . "It's been going on a long time and I know how hard the board have worked to set things up.

"I know it's not easy for them because the owners have other ideas in terms of the sale of the club and what is achievable.

"But I was delighted to hear the news and have it confirmed that it looks like it is going to go through."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:35 am 

the troubling thing is this new guy looks to be neither a glazer or a hicks/gillette

he turned the boston red sox around and kept them at their famous old stadium, plus increased the profit and made them champions twice since 2002

you won't find anyone moaning about him in new england plus his wife is 30 years younger than him, fit and an MIT graduate

let's hope the texas comedians keep the club for a while yet

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 am 

anyone see the scouse fans plea to Hicks and Gillette on youtube? Fucking laughably pathetic. Here.;

‎'it's like you have been raping my family over an extended period of time' PWahahah!!1!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:44 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
anyone see the scouse fans plea to Hicks and Gillette on youtube? Fucking laughably pathetic. Here.;

‎'it's like you have been raping my family over an extended period of time' PWahahah!!1!! :D

seen it

:D

bunch of losers

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:55 am 

The opening arguement's pretty weak - "We gave you the Beatles and this is how you repay us" hahaha, m'kay....

You feel for them but it's a totally pointless exercise - as if someone like Hicks gives a fuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:58 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

Aaar eh.....I'm welling up here la! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:10 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
The opening arguement's pretty weak - "We gave you the Beatles and this is how you repay us" hahaha, m'kay....

You feel for them but it's a totally pointless exercise - as if someone like Hicks gives a fuck.

Am i alone in thinking that this is enough reason just to sit and wait for liverpool to completely vanish?

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
Am i alone in thinking that this is enough reason just to sit and wait for liverpool to completely vanish?

Regardless of what you think of the Beatles what the fucking hell does this have to do with the football club?

Maudlin fuckers that they are, the scousers are incapable of any kind of logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:16 pm 

Lest we forget.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

Quote:
Tributes left for a dead chicken
Flowers and tributes were left in an alleyway where the body of a mystery dead baby was found - before police realised it was only a chicken foetus.
A member of the public discovered the remains in a back alley in the Anfield area of Liverpool.

Police cordoned off the scene but soon realised that it was not a human but a chicken foetus.

Well-wishers had laid more than a dozen bunches of flowers at the scene, along with cards and teddy bears.

Local gossip

One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."

Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "It seems a member of the public saw the remains of a foetus, which possibly resembled a human foetus, and called us.

"We cordoned off the area to investigate, as we would with any possible suspicious death, but it became apparent it was not a human foetus.

"The flowers and cards are obviously the result of local gossip, but we can assure people that the remains were not human."

Conservative MP and editor of The Spectator Boris Johnson was criticised last year after commenting in the magazine that Liverpudlians were "hooked on grief".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:22 pm 

They will be more at home with the new owners though.

Check out this piece of shit they posted as a full page ad in the papers after the Red Sox failed to make the playoffs:

There's nothing like "October Baseball" at Fenway Park. You miss it. We miss it. We want it back.
While we fell short of our annual goal of reaching the postseason, we are proud nonetheless of the way this team conducted itself through serious adversity — showing grit, determination and a team-first attitude.

We are also proud of you, our loyal fans. Through injury (and more injuries) and after hard-to-swallow losses, you continued to fill Fenway Park and support the team. When
the kids were called up, you learned their names, their stories, and applauded them as your own. When you saw our veterans playing though their bodies weren't cooperating, you took note and appreciated their heart and spirit. When we were struggling, you were there. When we had walk-off wins, you were there.

We work for you. Our players play for you. It gives us immense pride to do so. You are the rock on which this franchise is built.

We know the best way to honor you is not merely to thank you, but to go out and honor our fundamental commitment to field an excellent team in 2011, another one worthy of your avid support.

We can do better. We will do better. We are committed to winning. For you, for us, for the whole of Red Sox Nation.

Once more, we say "Thank You."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:28 pm 

Yanks Out Er NO Yanks back in

AS if the scousers were not confused enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 pm 

most confusing day of the year in liverpool?

father's day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:03 pm 

If they go into administration though, will they get docked points?

That will certainly lower the value!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:11 pm 

Hicks reckon's the club has tripled in value since he's been in charge, and is asking for 4 times what he paid for it. I can see why he's getting death threats tbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:18 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
If they go into administration though, will they get docked points?

That will certainly lower the value!

No. If they go into administration, it will only be technical administration rather than administration proper. As RBS would presumably sell the club within a couple of days, the administration thing isn't going to be anything serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:04 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
will they get docked points?

Support the dockers!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next