Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Yeah you said. Tbf he was giving the money for that to charity. Every penny apparently.

Super Moderator actually ;)

The news has nothing to do with it.

So the profession affects whether it is a work issue or not? What's the news got to do with anything?

your saying its nothing to do with football.

bollocks.

Capello picks Wayne Bridge for the WC squad,he says 'no way will i play while that twat is playin" and that is nothing to do with football .

fuckin hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Yeah sorry, i just meant how does the news affect whether it's a football issue? It either is or isn't.

I'm probably contradicting myself because i think he should give up the captaincy. But still, it's a personal issue more than it is a football one.

It's a personal issue with obvious ramifications in his professional capacity.

How is this debate still going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:24 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Yeah you said. Tbf he was giving the money for that to charity. Every penny apparently.

There are still a few questions to be answered.

Why did he insist the payment be made in cash?

Why didn't he tell everyone involved that this was a charitable exercise?

Like all Football Clubs Chelsea have people who arrange all the charity and community work. Why didn't Terry involve these people in this work?

Has the money been handed over to a charity yet? If not, did he include the reciept of cash in his year end tax return?

How many times has he done this?

As soon as this story broke he should have been stripped of his England armband and been fired by Chelsea (if any of us pulled a stunt like this in our workplace we'd be given the Spanish Archer straight away).

The fact that he was nailing some chick who has a thing for footy players doesn't matter. It just gives us a laugh and an opportunity to sing some amusing songs the next time Chelsea play at COMS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:26 pm 

slart wrote:

Like all Football Clubs Chelsea have people who arrange all the charity and community work. Why didn't Terry involve these people in this work?

Has the money been handed over to a charity yet? If not, did he include the reciept of cash in his year end tax return?

As soon as this story broke he should have been stripped of his England armband and been fired by Chelsea (if any of us pulled a stunt like this in our workplace we'd be given the Spanish Archer straight away).

The fact that he was nailing some chick who has a thing for footy players doesn't matter. It just gives us a laugh and an opportunity to sing some amusing songs the next time Chelsea play at COMS.

Ahmen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 pm 

slart wrote:

Different scenario in that a footballer of his quality is a finite resource as therefore too valuable an asset to just fire. He should have been given a massive b*llocking/fine though - dunno if this happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 pm 

ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
so stadium tours has nothing to do with football,chelsea captain,wayne bridge,none of this is anything to do with football.

fuck off you retard

it has nothing to do with what's on the pitch. it is associated with football buy dint of venue or environment, but not direct on the pitch matters.

as for you... i don't have the time to spare on such an obvious daddy abused throwback as yourself. i will get back to you when i do though. i promise. you will get the attention you so obviously crave.
DarloBlue wrote:
That one's abusing his position at the club to bo fair. It is exactly because he is a footballer that he was able to do it. The other issues, I agree with you on.

possibly. a groundsman could do the same thing, but it is his prestige as a footballer that means he can charge so much... 50/50, concede you have a point.
Squidge wrote:
No, the things he has done are not related to football.

Say you were a postman, and you were shagging another postmans girlfriends....that is not related to being a postman. That's just you being a dick.

^that
ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
you[SIZE="6"]'[/SIZE]r[SIZE="6"]e[/SIZE] saying its nothing to do with football.

bollocks.

Capello picks Wayne Bridge for the WC squad,he says 'no way will i play while that twat is playin" and that is nothing to do with football .

fuckin hell.

basically yes.

you kangaroo humping criminal.
slart wrote:

he's a crook, basically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:34 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Different scenario in that a footballer of his quality is a finite resource as therefore too valuable an asset to just fire. He should have been given a massive b*llocking/fine though - dunno if this happened.

But ,what if Bridge decides not to play for England whilst Terry is there ?

That changes the way he picks his team.

lets just say,it was Rooney.

who goes and who says?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:34 pm 

John Terry's sauce leaves witless in pickle over England captaincySo to the travails of England's skipper, a cringeworthy tale fast developing into the most precariously poised national crisis since Suez
Comments (…)

Buzz up!
Digg it

The FA may revise the entire premise of the England captaincy following John Terry's alleged affair with a team-mate's former partner. Photograph: Sean Dempsey/AP

Isolating the single most witless comment on the John Terry saga thus far is a near-impossible task, but you have to think that Janet Street-Porter, 63, would be in with a shout. "Sick joke," began her Daily Mail column on the subject. "John Terry was chosen as 'Dad of the Year' by Daddies Sauce. That's a product I won't be buying any more."

In any sane universe, the correct response for anyone over the age of six would be to throw one's head back and cackle: "Oh do grow up, Janet!" Instead, alas, the fashion of the times suggests we should react by saying that it is obviously a massive disappointment that the Street-Porter condiment cupboard will now be deprived of the brown sauce which was once such an integral player among its lesser sundry ketchups, but that nothing is more important than the harmony of that cupboard being maintained, so it is commendable – if inevitable – that Janet has taken such a tough moral stand and shown what she's about as a larder manager.

And so to the travails of England's Captain Trashtastic, a cringeworthy bros-before-hos tale rapidly developing into the most precariously poised national crisis since Suez. On Sunday, various Manchester City players raised their shirts to display vests in club colours bearing the slogan "Team Bridge". Do you realise what that means? In the 24 hours leading up to the game against Portsmouth, some players actually approached someone in the Man City kit room, who actually agreed to rush out the sort of Team Whoever T-shirt last favoured by hipster ironists during the mid‑mesozoic period of Brad Pitt's ditching of Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie. A chain of events so utterly ludicrous that I can only assume it was a staged plotline for the forthcoming, Endemol-produced documentary to be set at Eastlands.

Meanwhile, the sports minister, Gerry Sutcliffe, was limbering up for another of his vital interventions, explaining to England supporters left rudderless by the shock of it all that "to be the captain of England you have to have wider responsibilities for the country". "Clearly if these allegations are proven," he babbled on, "then it does call into question his role as England captain."

Not sure what Gerry is suggesting with that "proven" – perhaps he imagines Vanessa Perroncel might have kept a stained dress in the manner of Monica Lewinsky. But if he thinks it's the business of government to be making utterances on such things, then he's even more lightweight a bandwagon-jumper than previously suspected.

As Pat Nevin said in Newsnight's round-table discussion of the matter – Newsnight, if you please! – international football is different from club football, and in the former there should be plenty of leaders on the field. "We've got this extreme thing about the captaincy," he observed. "In actual fact it's not as important as people are suggesting." Well quite. Otherwise we wouldn't have given it to David Beckham, whose Agincourt moment was rallying his England team‑mates not to speak to the media in the wake of beating Poland in 2004, thus depriving the world of the "lads did really well" platitudes which are the armband‑holder's stock-in-trade. (Forget his "heroism" in the fabled Greece qualifier: as Nevin stressed, you don't need an armband to lead by example on the pitch.)

A friend is fond of likening the responsibilities of England football captain to those of a regimental goat, and even if you believe that unfair to regimental goats, the contrast with the vitally important issue of who captains an England cricket side could not be greater.

To an Italian like Fabio Capello, much of our obsession with the role will be complete anathema. Fortunately, the FA has given him carte blanche to deal with the Terry situation, and if he is brave, he'll follow up either the reluctant-but-inevitable dismissal of Terry, or the latter's resignation, by announcing that he has decided the captain will simply be the eldest player in the starting line-up – or the one with the most caps, it doesn't especially matter.

When that tenure ends, the FA should enshrine the tradition in perpetuity. It is the sort of eminently simple and sensible innovation that the Soho Square brains trust is far too craven and hidebound to institute themselves, but which would save more hundreds of future man hours of hassle, and offer more of a genuine legacy, than 10 of their botched or quarter‑arsed initiatives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm 

ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
your saying its nothing to do with football.

bollocks.

fuckin hell.

People won't play international footy for all sorts of reasons.

They hate the manager, they hate the set up, they may not be first choice, they may be played out of position etc etc etc.

When I was growing up a neighbour of ours played for the Irish Rugby team. This was before the sport became professional. He was very good as well. One of the better players in the Nations one year. He gave up because his wife didn't like him spending so much time away.

I don't think Bridge would have been picked anyway. Spent too much of the season on the treatment table.

It is clear that Terry is untouchable both with Chelsea and England. That is why he was able to get away with filling his boots with his "charitable training ground tours".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:36 pm 

ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
But ,what if Bridge decides not to play for England whilst Terry is there ?

That changes the way he picks his team.

lets just say,it was Rooney.

who goes and who says?

if bridge said he wasn't going to play for england... actually he has said that hasn't he, already like.

anyway, no one will mourn that as he is a bit of a shit leftback. cole is better, and there are others whoa re probably as capable.

but who goes and who says - bridge and capello are the answers that your stunted mind doth seek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:41 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
if bridge said he wasn't going to play for england... actually he has said that hasn't he, already like.

anyway, no one will mourn that as he is a bit of a shit leftback. cole is better, and there are others whoa re probably as capable.

but who goes and who says - bridge and capello are the answers that your stunted mind doth seek.

Hey Gibbs, grow up you will make a decent adult one day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:56 pm 

ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
Hey Gibbs, grow up you will make a decent adult one day

failtastic adelaide. your queries were answered in truthful and succinct fashion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 pm 

failtastic adelaide. your queries were answered in truthful and succinct fashion.

you should chill out more mate,get a decent job,find a girlfriend ,have a wank every now and then,stay away from forums for a while,go on holiday,get pissed.

come back refreshed,start all over again,you will thank me for this advise one day,you will trust me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 pm 

ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
you should chill out more mate1.,get a decent job2.,find a girlfriend 3.,have a wank every now and then4.,stay away from forums 5. for a while,go on holiday6.,get pissed7..

come back refreshed,start all over again,you will thank me for this advise one day,you will trust me

1. so laid back i'm horizontal.
2. got one ta.
3. see above.
4. no need, see above.
5. nope.
6. got one booked, ta.
7. only in moderation.

therefore your advice is utterly redundant, useless, unrequired, not wanted. much like yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 pm 

ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
you should chill out more mate,get a decent job,find a girlfriend ,have a wank every now and then,stay away from forums for a while,go on holiday,get pissed.

You use far too many commas and not enough spaces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 pm 

1. so laid back i'm horizontal.
2. got one ta.
3. see above.
4. no need, see above.
5. nope.
6. got one booked, ta.
7. only in moderation.

were you goin on hols Rhyl ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 pm 

Back on track...

John Terry and his 'babes'

Nov 1999: Five-month affair with blonde promotions model Jayne Connery, 42.

Mar 2002: Glamour girl Nicola Ulian, 27, was seen sneaking into Terry's hotel when Chelsea played Liverpool during their five-month affair.

Sept 2003: Allegedly bedded 18-year-old model Rebecca Ryan while in the England team hotel in Manchester for a Euro 2004 qualifier

Jan 2004: Spotted kissing topless model Linsey Dawn Mckenzie.

May 2004: Former porn star Karina Clarke, 29, claimed Terry had whisked her away for steamy sessions while model Emma Kearney, 31, said sex was "wild and a little rough" with the Chelsea star.

Nov 2004: Started six-month fling with glamour model Lauren Pope.

April 2005: Lianne Johnson, 21, claimed she had sex with Terry in a nightclub toilet even though she had a broken leg and was on crutches.

Sept 2005: Two-month affair with Shalimar Wimble, 36. Terry used Wayne Bridge's house for their trysts.

Nov 2005: 17-year-old Jenny Barker said she performed a sex act on Terry in his £100,000 Bentley.

Jan 2006: Glamour model Alicia Douvall claimed they had sex several times while Toni was pregnant.

Sept 2009: Started affair with Bridge's former partner Vanessa Perroncel.

Dec 2009: Terry met tabloid journalist Katie Hind in a nightclub and bombarded her with explicit sexual text messages, which she ignored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:29 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Back on track...

Mar 2002: Glamour girl Nicola Ulian, 27, was seen sneaking into Terry's hotel when Chelsea played Liverpool during their five-month affair.

Sept 2003: Allegedly bedded 18-year-old model Rebecca Ryan while in the England team hotel in Manchester for a Euro 2004 qualifier

May 2004: Former porn star Karina Clarke, 29, claimed Terry had whisked her away for steamy sessions while model Emma Kearney, 31, said sex was "wild and a little rough" with the Chelsea star.

April 2005: Lianne Johnson, 21, claimed she had sex with Terry in a nightclub toilet even though she had a broken leg and was on crutches.

Sept 2005: Two-month affair with Shalimar Wimble, 36. Terry used Wayne Bridge's house for their trysts.

Nov 2005: 17-year-old Jenny Barker said she performed a sex act on Terry in his £100,000 Bentley.

Jan 2006: Glamour model Alicia Douvall claimed they had sex several times while Toni was pregnant.

Dec 2009: Terry met tabloid journalist Katie Hind in a nightclub and bombarded her with explicit sexual text messages, which she ignored.

If JT was a postman,then non of this would be football related .

i rest my case :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:46 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Back on track...

Sept 2003: [color="Red"]Allegedly bedded 18-year-old model Rebecca Ryan while in the England team hotel in Manchester for a Euro 2004 qualifier [/color]

[color="Blue"]April 2005: Lianne Johnson, 21, claimed she had sex with Terry in a nightclub toilet even though she had a broken leg and was on crutches. [/color]

Jan 2006: Glamour model [color="SeaGreen"]Alicia Douvall [/color]claimed they had sex several times while Toni was pregnant.

[color="Black"]Dec 2009: Terry met tabloid journalist Katie Hind in a nightclub and bombarded her with explicit sexual text messages, which she ignored.
[/color]

[color="Red"]She's off shameless int she ? [/color]

[color="Blue"]skillzz[/color]

lol

[color="SeaGreen"]She seems classy[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:03 pm 

ADELAIDEBLUE wrote:
were you goin on hols Rhyl ?

no.

*moved*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next