Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:24 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Capello strikes me as the kind of bloke that wouldn't let this alter his team selection. Bridge may well not get in the team anyway TBF.

This. I'd be very surprised if bridge had gone to the WC. He's been fucking toilet.

Post subject:

Bastard wrote:
Load of bollocks imo.

Footballers, and everyone in every walk of life have always had, and will always have indiscretions. Big fucking deal. Does it detract from his ability to lead the team, organise the defence and be a fantastic player? No. Not one bit.

Reputation in tatters? Not really. He's always been a bit of unsavoury type by all accounts.

If that defence has Bridge in it then yes, it does detract from that a bit. He has and always will be a twat, this is just extra confirmation of that. I think he's overrated anyway.

Post subject:

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Think about this for a second and realise what a pile of bollocks it is

It's not. Who are we to say how he should live? Obviously, if he was murdering babies it'd be different. But having an affair?

I sort of agree with Bastards meh, only i don't agree about it's impact on the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 pm 
Squidge wrote:
It's not. Who are we to say how he should live? Obviously, if he was murdering babies it'd be different. But having an affair?

I sort of agree with Bastards meh, only i don't agree about it's impact on the team.

So young. If and when you have a child with a woman and that woman then sleeps with a colleague of yours, ask yourself if you will still be able to carry on dealing with that colleague as though nothing has happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:27 pm 

moon_t wrote:
I understand what your saying, but do you really think he should represent our country or should he not step down in favour of a less tarnished individual?

No, he shouldn;t step down. I don't give a fuck if he's had an affair. Millions of people have. I want the best captain to lead the team. That's Terry, by a mile.

Emigre wrote:
It detracts from his ability to lead a team with Wayne Bridge in it. Also, if I was his teamate, I would lose respect for him, so yes, I reckon it does affect his ability to lead the team.

I doubt football players are that bothered by it. Once they're on the pitch what he does as a captain and a leader is what counts. He's pretty fucking good in those respects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm 

Emigre wrote:
So young. If and when you have a child with a woman and that woman then sleeps with a colleague of yours, ask yourself if you will still be able to carry on dealing with that colleague as though nothing has happened.

What? No. I'm agreeing with this, he shouldn't be captain because of this. He should at least offer his resignation.

Post subject:
Bastard wrote:
No, he shouldn;t step down. I don't give a fuck if he's had an affair. Millions of people have. I want the best captain to lead the team. That's Terry, by a mile.

I doubt football players are that bothered by it. Once they're on the pitch what he does as a captain and a leader is what counts. He's pretty fucking good in those respects.

Seriously? you could carry on taking instruction from a bloke that fucked your girlfriend and mother of your child without any loss of respect? I doubt that.

Post subject:

Squidge wrote:

So when you say this

Squidge wrote:
Perhaps, but i still don't think it's for me or you to judge how he lives his life.

What you really mean is 'it's not for me to judge how he lives his life until he does something I subjectively deem worthy of judgment in which case I wouldn't bat an eyelid about condemning him'. You either judge them on their actions in their private life or you don't at all.

That being said, I think cheating on your wife and the mother of your two children with your good friend, ex-club team mate and international team mate's ex-girlfriend who is also the mother of his child shortly after they broke up, getting her pregnant and then aborting the child and then seeking an injunction to prevent the media from exposing him for the shitweasel that he is is pretty reprehensible behaviour to be fair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:29 pm 

Emigre wrote:

Solution's simple then - fuck Bridge off. Warnock's a better back-up to Cole anyway.

Post subject:
Squidge wrote:
What? No. I'm agreeing with this, he shouldn't be captain because of this. He should at least offer his resignation.

Ah, sorry. ONly you said 'It's only and affair' as if that means nothing.

Post subject:

Emigre wrote:
Seriously? you could carry on taking instruction from a bloke that fucked your girlfriend and mother of your child without any loss of respect? I doubt that.

See above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:31 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
So when you say this

What you really mean is 'it's not for me to judge how he lives his life until he does something I subjectively deem worthy of judgment in which case I wouldn't bat an eyelid'. You either judge them on their actions in their private life or you don't at all.

That being said, I think cheating on your wife and the mother of your two children with your good friend, ex-club team mate and international team mate's ex-girlfriend who is also the mother of his child shortly after they broke up, getting her pregnant and then aborting the child and then seeking an injunction to prevent the media from exposing him for the shitweasel that he is is pretty reprehensible behaviour to be fair

Right no. Obviously i think what he has done is wrong. I just meant what he does in his private life is normally nobody's business. In the same way that if you go and cheat on your girlfriend, that's none of my business.

However, i do believe this impacts on his job as England captain and he should offer his resignation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:31 pm 
Bastard wrote:
Solution's simple then - fuck Bridge off. Warnock's a better back-up to Cole anyway.

Exactly, except the press would have a field day with Capello if it seems he dropped a player because his wife cheated on him and he'd sooner drop him than the man doing the cheating. I'm not saying Bridge should go instead of Terry but I don't see how both can so you must be able to see how it creates a problem for Capello.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm 

Bastard wrote:

Why do you buy into all this THREE LIONS ON HIS SHIRT ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL JOHN TERRY shite, he's not that great, he makes glaring mistakes every game which for some reason are described as 'uncharacteristic'

Emigre wrote:

Of course he could because football is serious business!! After all footballers are well known for their ability to keep emotion and personal conflicts out of the game aren't they

Post subject:
Bastard wrote:
See above.

No

Post subject:

Emigre wrote:
Ah, sorry. ONly you said 'It's only and affair' as if that means nothing.

Yeah that's how it came out, not what i meant though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:34 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Perhaps, but i still don't think it's for me or you to judge how he lives his life.

I'll judge whoever the hell I want. I'll leave it up to you who you wish to judge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:34 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Right no. Obviously i think what he has done is wrong. I just meant what he does in his private life is normally nobody's business. In the same way that if you go and cheat on your girlfriend, that's none of my business.

However, i do believe this impacts on his job as England captain and he should offer his resignation.

Right so we're in agreement then

Think Rooney would make a good captain tbf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:35 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I'll judge whoever the hell I want. I'll leave it up to you who you wish to judge.

K. No need to get shirty :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:35 pm 

Perhaps the FA should add a new paragraph to the youth football handbook to educate the youngsters. Entitle it something like "How to shag your team-mates Mrs and gain an injunction to keep it under wraps"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 335 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next