Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
The very same, although he denied he was implying that on SSN this morning.

Well to be fair, the challenge on Modric was fairly innocuous. To describe that as an intentional leg-breaking challenge would be idiotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 am 

Squidge wrote:
No, it won't open it up for all decisions to be challenged.

Disciplinary regulations
The charge is based on Article 10, para 1c of the UEFA disciplinary regulations (Misconduct of players): Players may be suspended for two competition matches, or for a specified period, for acting with the obvious intent to cause any match official to make an incorrect decision or supporting his error of judgement and thereby causing him to make an incorrect decision.

It relates very specifically to diving.

Also, it will be used in cases where:

a) The dive leads to the opponent being sent off
b) The dive leads to the divers team winning a penalty...and they score from it
c) The dive leads to the divers team winning a free-kick...and they score from it.

There is no "pandora's box". UEFA should answer questions on why they have only decided to use this rule now but it's right and proper that they do. Eduardo is a cheating c*nt and should be treated as one. As should any other player who tries to cheat their opponents.

I tell you what should be next...players who, after a foul by an opponent, wave imaginary cards in the air telling the referee to book him. They should be sent off straight away.

Ok, you wrote the regulations and that shit, but they must be equal to all and every similar decision should be brought on the desk after the match to discuss from now on. And I'm pretty sure that there were a dozen of situations like this in the past during this uefas regulation. The only difference is that at this specific one Celtic, Scotland and media started to moan on this like it was end of the world (and don't get me wrong- everyone should be punished for simulation) so it all got pumped up more than it had to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:12 am 

If UEFA are going to decide on decisions, why not do away with referees in the traditional sense and just have a UEFA official sat in the stands with a telly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
Well to be fair, the challenge on Modric was fairly innocuous. To describe that as an intentional leg-breaking challenge would be idiotic.

I hate Bowyer as much as the next man, but it was pretty obvious he had already started his swing to boot the ball away when Modric planted his leg in front of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:17 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
If UEFA are going to decide on decisions, why not do away with referees in the traditional sense and just have a UEFA official sat in the stands with a telly?

Because this is a case where a player has conned the ref. It's not a case of a ref making a mistake like a didgy offside, or not seeing a foul. In this instance, a player has actually intentionally fooled the referee. UEFA should act on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:19 am 

The very same, although he denied he was implying that on SSN this morning.

That guy is a comedian, his profession and mission is to destroy cro football..you can only be ashamed when person like him represents your football association, and country in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:22 am 

I am all for bringing these bans in for diving, but they need to stick at it well and truly. Un*ted have players diving everywhere all the time, and there are times that they get away with a lot of things, whereas another player/team wouldn't get away with it. Last season, Rooney, Fagaldo, Nani, and obviously many others would dive for fun. I don't see why they are stamping down on Eduardo. I'm quite sure that next time a Un*ted player dives, they will get away with it.

The other week, when Vidic 'slapped' Rodagella, nothing happened. If it was Dunne who'd done that, he would be getting a couple of matches ban and a fine. Last year, Stoke away, SWP did something to Delap, and ended up getting a ban. But Un*ted always seem to be the exception to this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 am 

Been racking my brain for a dive i seen a bit back and just found it, have a guess who it was against??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W00d3yJKl4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Been racking my brain for a dive i seen a bit back and just found it, have a guess who it was against??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W00d3yJKl4

Just embarassing, but had he gone down straight away it would've been a nailed on penalty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 am 

After watching that, I clicked on another video, which I totally forgot about; Dida getting a 'tap' in the face before dropping dramatically... against... you've guessed it!

It was in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZavXabGsuA&feature=fvw#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:47 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Taylor got a straight red for a bad tackle..it just so happened it dislocated his ankle.

I think eduardo should have got a 4 game ban at the very very least.
If its to stamp out simulation, a 2 game ban is no deterrent...

but if it is not applied across the board then it's fucking useless. as it is the ref made his decision on this and has been over ruled. a first, and something which we have been told cannot be done. so to do it against arsenal, and a player who probably has very vivid memories of having his leg broken most horribly and thuis probable cause to jump tackles/dive to avoid contact (but still be in a position where he would've been fouled had he not jumped it) smacks of a lack of consistency.

rooney was going down before contact was made. he should be suspended as well. ball was going out after his toe prod to take it beyond the keeper, but he couldn't have done anything with it even if he stayed on his feet. vidic should be banned for striking the wigan fella in the face as well, or just charged with assault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:51 am 

Sort of pertains to Eduardo (not for the squeamish)

Horrific :(

Witsel's an FM legend too.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:10 am 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
Sort of pertains to Eduardo (not for the squeamish)

Horrific :(

Witsel's an FM legend too.

holy fucking shit. how many bits was his leg in. that guy should get a season ban. that was fucking horrible. and it's lunchtime, with that fresh in my head.
jesus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:13 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
holy fucking shit. how many bits was his leg in. that guy should get a season ban. that was fucking horrible. and it's lunchtime, with that fresh in my head.
jesus.

He complains about the dismissal too :mad:

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:19 am 

He complains about the dismissal too :mad:

He doesn't?!!!! Oh my fucking god.

It amazes me in these incidents that the crippled guy's teamates don't windmill in on the vicious c**t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 am 

He doesn't?!!!! Oh my fucking god.

It amazes me in these incidents that the crippled guy's teamates don't windmill in on the vicious c**t.

They do go fucking mental tbf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSaRmAuQtAk&feature=related

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:34 am 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
My lunch is on its way back up....:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am 

It's not that bad a tackle? Just unlucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 am 

Squidge wrote:
It's not that bad a tackle? Just unlucky.

Well I don't think that he necessarily goes out to snap him.

But yeah, it is quite bad Squidge. His career might be over.

He goes over the ball and doesn't get any of it. I reckon he was going for the ball, but it's not all about intent. It was reckless

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 am 

Good to see.

How double-hard is that bloke? Doesn't look like he's being given oxygen or anything... I'd be screaming like a schoolgirl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next