Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:55 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
well our Premiership game is based around "you have it, we have it" mentality. When you play the germans, Spanish, Italians, Croats whoever, they keep the ball, and don't give it back.

Thing is, probably like many others, I want England to do well, but I don't really want to see the European style of footy.

Good example of this was when watching the Dutch play France. There were times during that game where I found myself shouting at the Dutch players just to get the fucking ball forward rather than knocking it back to the keeper or the back 4 and retaining possession, I was quite frustrated. English mentality I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:03 pm 

ESM wrote:
Thing is, probably like many others, I want England to do well, but I don't really want to see the European style of footy.

Good example of this was when watching the Dutch play France. There were times during that game where I found myself shouting at the Dutch players just to get the fucking ball forward rather than knocking it back to the keeper or the back 4 and retaining possession, I was quite frustrated. English mentality I guess.

I wish we could play proper football like the dutch or the Spanish. We just don't have the players with the required skills to do this. The player that everyone goes on about in england is Rooney, and sometimes his control is bleedin awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:03 pm 

Badger wrote:
So, what is people's opinion of Paul Ince getting the Blackburn job? Bit of a risky appointment IMO. He's done a good job at MK Dons and Macc Town but it's a huge step up but it's good to see a young, English manager getting a chance. I suppose if you were a Blackburn fan you could thank your lucky stars the rumours of Fat Sam or McClown didn't come true.

Haven't checked to see if anyone's said it yet but Slart is fairly obviously a racist

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:09 pm 

ESM wrote:
It's partially our fault, the EPL is widely said to be the best in the world but that's because it's fast and physical, it's the exciting footy that we all want to see. Trouble is that rather than taking our game to them, over the past few years we've tried to play them at their game, and we quite clearly haven't the technically gifted players to do it.

I've been saying this for years.

We should stop trying to beat them at their game, and do what we do best, but with more accuracy. Arsenal play good english football. Counter attack quick, fast passing moves played at pace, and good movement off the ball. The only difference is they do it well. But we've done it well on the odd occasion. Remember England V Holland at euro 96? Or Germany V England the 5-1? We can do it if we stick to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:16 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
I've been saying this for years.

We should stop trying to beat them at their game, and do what we do best, but with more accuracy. Arsenal play good english football. Counter attack quick, fast passing moves played at pace, and good movement off the ball. The only difference is they do it well. But we've done it well on the odd occasion. Remember England V Holland at euro 96? Or Germany V England the 5-1? We can do it if we stick to it.

Indeed, to quote the great Mike Bassett.....

"Today gentlemen we will be playing 4, 4, fucking 2!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 pm 

The EPL is the best marketed in the world and hence has the best TV deals and the most cash. As a result everyone in the world wants to play in England. 15 years ago it was Italy and 10 years ago it was Spain. It'll be Germany's turn next.

The top clubs in England are amongst the best in Europe, but after that there is a big drop off in quality. Most teams in the bottom half of the table are poor and the bottom five or six are utter shite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:24 pm 

slart wrote:
The EPL is the best marketed in the world and hence has the best TV deals and the most cash. As a result everyone in the world wants to play in England. 15 years ago it was Italy and 10 years ago it was Spain. It'll be Germany's turn next.

The top clubs in England are amongst the best in Europe, but after that there is a big drop off in quality. Most teams in the bottom half of the table are poor and the bottom five or six are utter shite.

I think that's changing slart, we've seen over recent weeks several high profile transfer targets state they don't want a move to the EPL. The only players that seem half interested are the likes of Ronaldinho and Deco looking fro one final big pay day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:31 pm 
[color="Red"]New Blackburn boss Paul Ince has slammed Ronaldo for 'souring' United's success of last season.[/color]

He really needs to shut the fuck up. He's done nothing to prove himself as a manager at a decent level and yet he's already telling other teams players what to do. Ince is the worst kind of rag. Hated him as a player and I hate him as a manager. I expect him to fail and I won't be sorry if he does. I can see Blackburn struggling at the foot of the table this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:57 am 

ESM wrote:

Bit like watching city last season then

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"