Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 96  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:05 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Typical City.

(You don't have to say it now Bert)

Ok

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 pm 

Meh.

We're going to be up against it at ours when they've got a few of their players back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 pm 

Good performance from the managerless 9 men of City. :mad:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 pm 

a no show from yaya again as far as im concerned and looked far to paly with pep after a game we lost in the last minute!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:24 am 

If it was a two-legged game against Bayern with the second leg at home, I'd be confident. But they did have a few injuries didn't they? Never mind.

In any case, I still don't think we're ready to challenge in Europe. Maybe next year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 am 

Was Toure as bad as all the reports suggest?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 am 

Khabom wrote:

He had one of his game he probably has about 20 of a season, but as it's the CL he's the scapegoat.

I think his heads not in the right place, needs dropping.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 am 

see, if pellers had read my post we would've done a lot better.

fuck you manny, fuck you. and fuck you as well yaya.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 am 

Quote:
Joe Hart says Manchester City can win remaining Champions League games• Goalkeeper believes his side can win Group E
• Assistant manager denies Yaya Touré was carrying an injury
• Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City – match report
• Yaya Touré fails to turn up against Bayern MunichShare 25
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson at Allianz Arena
The Guardian, Thursday 18 September 2014 Jérôme Boateng, who scored Bayern’s last-gasp winner, consoles his former team-mate Joe Hart after the game. Photograph: Matthew Ashton/AMA/Corbis

Joe Hart is insistent Manchester City can win the remaining five matches of a Champions League group that also includes Roma and CSKA Moscow.

Hart, who was among City’s best players at the Allianz Arena, said: “We can match Bayern Munich, we have some very tough games now and we have to play well against CSKA and Roma. We’re confident we can win the rest of our games. We fought hard all night against a good team – you know what you get when you come.

“A nasty deflection at the end has done us and Jérôme Boateng comes back to haunt us. It would have been a well-deserved draw. We made good chances, good blocks and we made them work hard for everything.”

With Roma the next opposition, at the Etihad Stadium at the end of the month, the matches against the Italian club may decide whether City progress. In reaction to Roma’s 5-1 trouncing of CSKA, Hart said: “Roma won 5-1? Wow.”

Looking ahead to Chelsea’s visit on Sunday, Hart said: “It doesn’t get any easier for us but that’s the beauty of playing for this side – you get big game after big game. We like to think of ourselves as big-game players, so we need to step up again on Sunday. It’s a big week for us [after drawing 2-2 at Arsenal]. We’ve not won for a little while, so we need to step up.

“We need to win. It’s a close Premier League, they are a title rival and we need to beat them.”

Manuel Pellegrini decided to drop Sergio Agüero in order to save the striker for Chelsea. Rubén Cousillas, the assistant who stood in for the manager because of a Uefa ban, defended Pellegrini’s move.

“We know that Kun Agüero has high importance but [Edin] Dzeko has as well,” Cousillas said. “They’re both very strong. We have to play against Chelsea next and Manuel said: ‘We had to rotate, everyone is going to get chance to play.’ All these opponents are so strong. We want the team to work and function.”

Of the late defeat Cousillas said: “Definitely we are frustrated. We made a really good game and also good entertainment for the people – we had two teams that tried to make goals. To concede in last minute was frustrating.”

He reiterated Hart’s view that City can still win Group E. “Well, it’s the first game, we have only just begun, but there are many games ahead and we don’t have to be too sad,” he said. “We still can become first in the group. Naturally, of course, it’s not good to start with a defeat, but there are five games ahead so it means it depends on us, the team is really strong at home. It’s a really difficult group but I’m sure we are going to make it.”

Despite a disappointing display from Yaya Touré, Cousillas confirmed the midfielder was not carrying an injury. “He was absolutely fit and physically without problem,” he said.

Regarding City’s late claim for a penalty when David Silva went down, Cousillas said: “From my position I couldn’t see that really well. Some people said it could have been a penalty but this is a decision for referee and I don’t want to comment on that. You’ve seen what the result is and we can’t complain about that.”

no, yaya wasn't injured. nice hint about some kind of mental problem. wanker.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:58 pm 

Khabom wrote:

Yes, yes he was. Although...

too early to jump all over him yet imo. Might not be fully fit. Was definitely fully shit though. Needs to get his mojo back and fucking soon.

Fernandinho on the other hand was a fucking monster. What a player we've got there.

The gap Toure left meant we looked really fucking disjointed going forward. No link between (defensive) midfield and attack. Silva, God love him, ran himself fucking ragged, but Dzeko was still isolated for 98% of the game.

We're a funny bunch of ill-fitting players in a not-properly-established system atm. Need to get our groove back on though. Can't be losing this weekend's 6 pointer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 am 

Bastard wrote:
Khabom wrote:

Yes, yes he was. Although...

too early to jump all over him yet imo. Might not be fully fit. Was definitely fully shit though. Needs to get his mojo back and fucking soon.

Fernandinho on the other hand was a fucking monster. What a player we've got there.

The gap Toure left meant we looked really fucking disjointed going forward. No link between (defensive) midfield and attack. Silva, God love him, ran himself fucking ragged, but Dzeko was still isolated for 98% of the game.

We're a funny bunch of ill-fitting players in a not-properly-established system atm. Need to get our groove back on though. Can't be losing this weekend's 6 pointer.

perfect summation young sir, on all points..
i think fernado would be in before yaya at the mo..

but we need a spark, and then we'll kick on ..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 pm 

Bayern 5 up at Roma 40 mins gone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Bayern 5 up at Roma 40 mins gone

I read this and thought bollocks ..flicked ssn on and its legit..
Wtf....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 pm 

1-7...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 am 

Bastard wrote:
Khabom wrote:

A funny bunch of some the most expensive and highly paid players in the world though Bastard. Not questioning your description, which sums us up well, just saying we should be doing better imo.
Can't help feeling that Yaya could be at the root of this. He's not been the same player since cake-gate and his lacklustre form and attitude seems to be bringing the team down.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:16 am 

Jesus O'Nazareth wrote:
Bastard wrote:
Khabom wrote:

A funny bunch of some the most expensive and highly paid players in the world though Bastard. Not questioning your description, which sums us up well, just saying we should be doing better imo.
Can't help feeling that Yaya could be at the root of this. He's not been the same player since cake-gate and his lacklustre form and attitude seems to be bringing the team down.

:clap:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:20 am 

That's Europe fucked then.

And possibly the first nail in Pellegrini's coffin.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:37 am 

Second will be if we buy Ozil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Second will be if we buy Ozil

As much as I like Özil, I don't want that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm 

Id like that aryran looking kid from dortmun. Or the french yaya replacement..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1916 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 96  Next