Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 am 

I know it's only late February but... Post. Of. The. Year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:31 am 

Sadly I'm going to have to join the Bastard love in, that was very very good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 am 

*must resist urge to point out flow-chart flaw*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
*must resist urge to point out flow-chart flaw*

I know, I know. I'd have liked more options but was restricted by screen space due to going Word > Paint > Web.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
I know it's only late February but... Post. Of. The. Year.

This.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:10 pm 

exceptional

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 pm 

Bastard wrote:
I'm sure I heard once that he has questionable parentage and AIDS and therefore can't be considered a great

This is an important point.

I find this helps:

I'm sorry, I refuse to give this post the same amount of adulation that others are giving it until the 'no' line from 'Are you dyspraxic?' to 'Do you have AIDS and can't get rid of it?' is removed (or directed to a new box). As it is, the 'MUNICH BASTARD' appears to be both an AIDS-ridden legitimate non-dyspraxic person and an AIDS-ridden illegitimate person without a birth certificate. He cannot be both and therefore it's a logical paradox. Does not compute. DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

*internal computer explodes*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:55 pm 

Simple answer is just flat out no. I'll go unbiased for a minute. part of the reason giggs is still around is because about probably 3-4 years ago fergie realized and perhaps other coaches as well that a bit of experience is good in the squad, especially squads that are competing every year for Europe and premiership titles. ie scholes & giggs, granted they were scoring goals and playing extremely well, so it was a no brainer to keep them around.
You have to imagine if they weren't playing that well Fergie would have done away with them a while ago. hence why there are few strikers that are a bit past there prime that used to play for united that play for other teams now, saha etc
one could argue that if Vieira was still playing which i'm sure he could have another year, they would say the same thing about him if he hit an important goal. (obviously been at many clubs)

Giggs get his credit for the mere fact that hes played at one club his entire career. which we all know is super rare. As for 900 games, that is impressive no matter where you are. :clap:
But he if anything is the best professional footballer in ManU's history, that is the only title he deserves besides being a horrible family member.

I like to think once him and scholes are out of the squad, fergie stoppage time dies with them...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:04 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Bastard wrote:
I'm sure I heard once that he has questionable parentage and AIDS and therefore can't be considered a great

I find this helps:

I'm sorry, I refuse to give this post the same amount of adulation that others are giving it until the 'no' line from 'Are you dyspraxic?' to 'Do you have AIDS and can't get rid of it?' is removed (or directed to a new box). As it is, the 'MUNICH BASTARD' appears to be both an AIDS-ridden legitimate non-dyspraxic person and an AIDS-ridden illegitimate person without a birth certificate. He cannot be both and therefore it's a logical paradox. Does not compute. DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

So you said we weren't going to point out that you noticed an error (whilst pointing out you noticed an error), got credit for it, then later on explain the error? Desperate stuff Darlo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 pm 

Good work Bastard. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:28 pm 

Fixed for my own pedantry.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:31 pm 

Bastard is a quite good poster i find...

Top job btw mate.. :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:35 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
DarloBlue wrote:

So you said we weren't going to point out that you noticed an error (whilst pointing out you noticed an error), got credit for it, then later on explain the error? Desperate stuff Darlo.

:rolleyes:

You do enjoy your opportunities to have a go, don't you? The initial urge to point out the error was caused by the 'Post of the year' comments and such like (not the error itself) - I'm not one to let excessive praise and use of superlatives go unchecked. The accolades continued to flow after the error was initially noted and as such the urge to point out the error became stronger - so much so that I could no longer resist. I enjoy graph/chart humour as much as the next guy; no offence to Bastard, but if a fundamentally flawed chart warrants 'post of the year' status, then frankly that doesn't show the collective graph/chart making capabilities of the forum in a particularly flattering light. I know the (somewhat deserved) reputation I have (as a smart-arse pedantic prick) and thought that the latter sentences of my prior post signalled some sort of self-awareness. I apologise that I haven't controlled my pedantry to your liking and that my sense of humour obviously ain't to your taste. I'll try harder next time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:36 pm 

Bastard wrote:

I find this helps:

Post of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:13 pm 

legendarybc wrote:
But he if anything is the best professional footballer in ManU's history

Utterly no.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:16 pm 

edit footballer and leave it at professional only, I would say so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:25 pm 

Aye. Although it's hard to know what a lot of footballers are really like behind the scenes. Rooney is a good example, I know stuff about him that most don't.

Scott Parker? Clearly Gay. - See hair.

Wayne Bridge? Has trust issues. - See John Terry.

Adebayor? Likes to be dominated. - See over exagerated sense of self.

Carlos Tevez? Can't read. - See....lol obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
DarloBlue wrote:

You do enjoy your opportunities to have a go, don't you? The initial urge to point out the error was caused by the 'Post of the year' comments and such like (not the error itself) - I'm not one to let excessive praise and use of superlatives go unchecked. The accolades continued to flow after the error was initially noted and as such the urge to point out the error became stronger - so much so that I could no longer resist. I enjoy graph/chart humour as much as the next guy; no offence to Bastard, but if a fundamentally flawed chart warrants 'post of the year' status, then frankly that doesn't show the collective graph/chart making capabilities of the forum in a particularly flattering light. I know the (somewhat deserved) reputation I have (as a smart-arse pedantic prick) and thought that the latter sentences of my prior post signalled some sort of self-awareness. I apologise that I haven't controlled my pedantry to your liking and that my sense of humour obviously ain't to your taste. I'll try harder next time.

Thanks for your comprehensive response.

In light of the fact that you by your own admission have been picking apart stuff that I've said recently I thought I'd be remiss if I didn't point out how much you were milking that. The guy had already acknowledged you were right - take the praise and be on your way. Returning to the scene of the crime for another pat on the back cheapens the initial effort. It wasn't it's accuracy as a chart that people were hailing it for POTY, it was the funny things said in the boxes. FTR I still can't see what was wrong with the first one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:54 pm 

FTR I still can't see what was wrong with the first one.

There were two ways to the bottom right box

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:

Thanks for your comprehensive response.

In light of the fact that you by your own admission have been picking apart stuff that I've said recently I thought I'd be remiss if I didn't point out how much you were milking that. The guy had already acknowledged you were right - take the praise and be on your way. Returning to the scene of the crime for another pat on the back cheapens the initial effort. It wasn't it's accuracy as a chart that people were hailing it for POTY, it was the funny things said in the boxes. FTR I still can't see what was wrong with the first one.

Different standards, innit? [Though I'm not suggesting my standards for POTY are any better, just different.]

I'm not trying to be all high and mighty about the fact that I noticed the mistake where others didn't - I'm just the sort of person who notices and gets bugged by inaccuracies and it's probably more like a flaw in my personality than anything particularly virtuous. When I do notice opportunities to be pedantic on the forum, I actually tend not to comment on it unless (a) the person making the mistake is criticising someone else's mistake or (b) I think pointing out the error can be done in an amusing way - any other situation and I'd almost certainly look like a prick. Perhaps my attempt at humour didn't quite hit the mark with my comments on Bastard's post but I was trying to do it in a light-hearted manner.