PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:04 am 

and the nasty cidy fans shouting the 'M' word

they would never stoop so low

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/shop/

second row, first on the left

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:28 am 

hypocritical scum. this'll get mailed to rags i know who were only recently boo hooing over the yaya song at blackburn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 am 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1384986/Liverpool-fury-sick-Heysel-T-shirts-Manchester-United-fans-website.html

At least the papers have taken it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 am 

to be perfectly honest with you they could have been talking about any of a few different incidents involving death and scousers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:50 am 

well yeah, it's also true i guess.

scousers = murderers, red or blue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 am 

City of child killers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:28 am 

odds on there'll be no sanctions for this, but if i were wigan, west ham or ... whoever else is in the shit... i'd be livid

Manchester United planning to play reserve side against Blackpool• Ferguson looking ahead to Champions League final
• Move could have repercussions for relegation battle

Tweet this Daniel Taylor guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 10 May 2011 23.00 BST Article history
Sir Alex Ferguson plans to rest his key players on the final day of the season ahead of the Champions League final. Photograph: Eddie Keogh/Reuters
Sir Alex Ferguson's preparations for the Champions League final are threatening to have repercussions for some of the Premier League's relegation-threatened teams after it transpired he was planning to play a virtual reserve side against Blackpool in Manchester United's final game.

If United secure a record 19th league title by getting a point or more at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, Ferguson intends to rest almost his entire first-choice team against Blackpool, despite the controversy when he did the same on the final weekend of the 2006-07 season and a 1-0 win for West Ham United at Old Trafford meant the London club avoided relegation at the expense of Sheffield United.

There are potential implications for five of Blackpool's rivals in the lower reaches of the table, with Ian Holloway's side currently in the relegation places with Wigan Athletic and West Ham. Wolverhampton Wanderers are a point clear in 17th while Blackburn and Birmingham City have a further two points.

The Premier League is aware of the possibility of Holloway's team facing an under-strength side and it is likely that, if the title is confirmed at Ewood Park, the newly crowned champions will be reminded of their responsibilities in the buildup to the final weekend. The league stipulates in Rule E20 that "in every league match each participating club shall field a full strength team". Rule B13 notes that "each club shall behave towards each other club and the league with the utmost good faith".

Blackpool themselves have been fined this season for fielding a weakened team, when Holloway made 10 changes for their 3-2 defeat at Aston Villa in November. Blackpool lost the match only to a last-minute goal but the Premier League punished them with a £25,000 fine. Wolves were hit with a suspended fine for the same amount the previous season after Mick McCarthy did likewise in a 3-0 defeat at Manchester United.

Whether that would make any difference to Ferguson's planning remains to be seen. The episode in 2007 left Neil Warnock, then the Sheffield United manager, feeling "sick in the stomach" and with a "bitter taste". Warnock later revealed in his autobiography that Ferguson had rung him to apologise, explaining that he had felt compelled to rest players for the FA Cup final the following week. The apology, however, did not work. "So much for the integrity of the Premier League," Warnock wrote. "So much for fairness and justice in English football."

Ferguson also found himself in a similar position in the week before United's 2009 Champions League final against Barcelona, when his team faced a Hull City side in relegation danger. Again, Ferguson fielded what amounted to a "B" side including four players – Daniel Welbeck, Lee Martin, Ritchie De Laet and Darron Gibson – who were making their first league starts and seven aged 17 to 21 on the bench. United, however, won the match 1-0. Hull survived because Newcastle United lost at Aston Villa.

The difference this time is that United have six days to prepare for the Barcelona game, whereas in 2009 there were only three. Ferguson, nonetheless, has made it clear in the past he has to put his own team first, regardless of the consequences.

"People will talk about the integrity of the league but it is a natural thing for us to use our squad," he said in one interview. "The players wouldn't forgive me if I played the strongest team. They would say: 'What?' They would possibly be tiptoeing around, knowing they have a European final."

Ferguson, tongue in cheek, signalled his intentions to Holloway during a telephone conversation last week. Holloway, who had rung Ferguson to congratulate him on reaching his third Champions League final in four years, recalls Ferguson saying: "If we have [won the league], I'll play myself against you, my old son." The Blackpool manager said: "I'll hold him to that."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 am 

fa should give them a, oh i don't know, let's say a 10 point ban for continuously ignoring the rules

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm 

If they do put out such a team the FA have to do something. Much as i don't really care who gets relegated, they will have a right to complain if this result affects them.
The Fa cocked up the QPR affair by procrastinating unti the last day when they had known about the situation since September and could easily have made a decision then. They will not punish united as they have been punished enough by Ferguson's ban, poor dears, and they will look totally stupid if they take the trophy away from united by means of a points deduction after the presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:16 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
If they do put out such a team the FA have to do something. Much as i don't really care who gets relegated, they will have a right to complain if this result affects them.
The FA cocked up the QPR affair by procrastinating unti the last day when they had known about the situation since September and could easily have made a decision then. They will not punish united as they have been punished enough by Ferguson's ban, poor dears, and they will look totally stupid if they take the trophy away from united by means of a points deduction after the presentation.

There is also the fact that QPR didn't do an awful lot wrong. They were cleared of all but two charges - one for using an agent not registered with the FA (but registered with FIFA and several other European FAs) and one for bringing the game into disrepute because of that. As much as people try to spin it as the FA refusing to dock points from QPR because they were already promoted, it seems that it was as much to do with the fact that QPR hadn't done anything worthy of being docked points.

As for United; neither Blackpool nor Wolves were deducted points - I don't really think that it would be on the cards for United either, as amusing as it would be for them to lose the title like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:19 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
There is also the fact that QPR didn't do an awful lot wrong. They were cleared of all but two charges - one for using an agent not registered with the FA (but registered with FIFA and several other European FAs) and one for bringing the game into disrepute because of that. As much as people try to spin it as the FA refusing to dock points from QPR because they were already promoted, it seems that it was as much to do with the fact that QPR hadn't done anything worthy of being docked points.

As for United; neither Blackpool nor Wolves were deducted points - I don't really think that it would be on the cards for United either, as amusing as it would be for them to lose the title like that.

so why did it take virtually the whole season to make a decision?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:20 pm 

so why did it take virtually the whole season to make a decision?

Due process? By all accounts there was a lot of evidence to gather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:21 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Due process? By all accounts there was a lot of evidence to gather.

When I was a member of the judical system, it seemed to me that the more evidence the more guilt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:58 pm 

When I was a member of the judical system, it seemed to me that the more evidence the more guilt.

Lulz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 pm 

If the Rags pick a squad that is within the rules then the FA would be wrong to take action. They were wrong to take action against Blackpool too. if the other teams haven't been good enough to stay up, that isn't the rags problem.

Darlo may point out I was all for Wolves being punished last year when they did it. I am not a hypocrite, just re-thought it and changed my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:18 pm 

Squidge wrote:
If the Rags pick a squad that is within the rules then the FA would be wrong to take action. They were wrong to take action against Blackpool too. if the other teams haven't been good enough to stay up, that isn't the rags problem.

Darlo may point out I was all for Wolves being punished last year when they did it. I am not a hypocrite, just re-thought it and changed my mind.

No, I won't call you a hypocrite, I'll just convince myself that it was my reasoned argument as to why they shouldn't have been punished that swayed your opinion. :approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:23 pm 

Rags or no, if the Premier League makes you name a 26 or whatever man squad at the beginning of the season you should be free to use whatever combination of that those players that you want IMO. How can they stipulate what "a full strength team" is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:25 pm 

Nope, more thinking about the Blackpool punishment. I disagreed with it because they picked their squad within the new rules for this season.

Then when I think about that, I realised Wolves did really pick there's within the rules, even if I thought what they did was wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:34 pm 

Though I suppose if they're being consistent, they should receive the same punishment as Blackpool did.