PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:01 am 

excellent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 am 

har, and indeed, har

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:56 am 

I am not that bothered about this, they both seem to be able to buy players and until they have to start selling then I am not bothered about their finances. If it was as bad as some of these reports they would be selling assets left right and centre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:00 am 

Just announced . . .

How the fuck can they buy just about nobody and still report record loss of 83.6 million pounds for year ending 30 June.
hahaha, they are as fooked as the dippers :D

Edit.
Sky are saying they made £100M profit.
Different sources saying different things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:04 am 

PintoMcGuinness wrote:
Just announced . . .

How the fuck can they buy just about nobody and still report record loss of 83.6 million pounds for year ending 30 June.

hahaha, they are as fooked as the dippers :D

I read in the mail they are going to post a 100m profit and are well on course for the "fair play" regulations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:06 am 

Sounds like they made a financial loss of £83.6m with an operating profit of over £100m. So the Glazers have been raiding the piggybank again by the sound of things. Taking nearly £200M to service the debt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:12 am 

PintoMcGuinness wrote:
Sounds like they made a financial loss of £83.6m with an operating profit of over £100m. So the Glazers have been raiding the piggybank again by the sound of things. Taking nearly £200M to service the debt!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:15 am 

All the sports journalists on Twitter are stunned by the size of the loss and their need to replace Giggs, Scholes, Neville and Van De Sar in the near future. They've no idea where the £££ will come from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 am 

Perhaps the Glazers can fund the rags with all the money they are making from their shopping malls in the USA.

Oh, hang on.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:26 am 

£100m trading profitbut then there's the PiK interest.

Whatever way you cut it they don't have a pot to piss in. :approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:38 am 

fan-fucking-tastic.

has a happy a mile wide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:51 am 

At least they can count on Purple Face to be a crafty operator in the transfer market. He spent wisely in the last transfer window. Bebe should soon be fit enough to be considered for inclusion on the reserves substitutes bench.

£10m well spent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:12 am 

gets betterer

Council ready to block new Liverpool owners' plan for Anfield redevelopment• Council wants new stadium to help regenerate Liverpool
• NESV commits to more capacity at Anfield or Stanley Park
Tweet this Andy Hunter and David Conn The Guardian, Friday 8 October 2010
Anfield's Kop in full voice. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
New England Sports Ventures, the company bidding for control of Liverpool, is on a collision course with the city's council over plans to redevelop Anfield. The Liverpool chairman, Martin Broughton, has confirmed the club's prospective new owners NESV – which has a track-record in redeveloping a sports stadium with the Boston Red Sox – will consider upgrading Anfield if a £300m offer to gain control from Tom Hicks and George Gillett is accepted in the high court next week. It is understood that a commitment to put £100m towards a new stadium had previously been a condition of the sale.

The leader of the council, however, insists a U-turn on the stadium would be unlikely to gain approval. "I would discourage them [NESV] from redeveloping Anfield and would encourage them to stick to the commitment that is already in place because I think that is the best solution for everyone – for the club and the city," councillor Joe Anderson said.

NESV's offer was accepted after it increased the equity involved to £240m, matching a rival bid from Asia, and Anderson believes the new stadium must be the priority for the club as he attempts to safeguard the area's regeneration.

Other sources say the same planning obstacles that prompted the former chairman David Moores and the then chief executive, Rick Parry, to propose relocating across Stanley Park still exist, leaving NESV facing the potentially greater expense of a new build.

NESV had to commit to a stadium project during negotiations with Liverpool and still intends to revisit existing plans for a new 60,000-seat arena on nearby Stanley Park. However, considering upgrading Anfield represents a radical departure from the past decade of club and council policy. As far as the council is concerned, that policy has not changed, and with much of the present stadium landlocked in a residential area NESV would have to overcome major obstacles to increase Anfield's capacity to its desired figure of 60,000-plus. These include the purchase of nearby houses to make way for new stands, which Liverpool have already done to some degree, improving public access and objections to a development that would tower over local properties.

A separate, though fundamental, reason for the council's desire for a new stadium – which has planning permission that is due to expire in April 2011 – is to see the creation of the proposed Anfield Plaza on the site of the existing stadium. The Plaza, containing shops, offices and restaurants, is intended to provide a public link to the new arena, but also an estimated 1,000 jobs in one of the most deprived local authority wards in Britain.

This was a key condition in Liverpool obtaining permission to build on public land in Stanley Park and, despite the change from a Liberal Democrat to a Labour council at the last election, it remains a priority for local politicians and residents.

Cllr Anderson, who welcomed the potential change of ownership as "a huge relief", said: "It has been suggested to me that NESV would be willing to meet at the earliest possible opportunity in the event of the takeover and I would urge them to do that to give me the opportunity to find out exactly what their intentions are, because the stadium is a key part of our plans to regenerate north Liverpool.

"Those plans haven't been held up entirely by the stadium situation and it would be wrong to say that they have. But they have had an impact and we just want to be in a position where we have a clear sign that the stadium issue will be resolved one way or another, something Hicks and Gillett failed to do despite the string of promises they made."

NESV members have paid several visits to Liverpool in recent weeks but, with control of the club not yet sealed, have not reached the negotiating stage with the council. They have, however, held discussions with the Royal Bank of Scotland over funding any stadium plans and, unlike Hicks and Gillett, who made themselves hostage to fortune with a promise to "put a spade in the ground within 60 days" of their takeover in February 2007, are reluctant to commit to one proposal at this juncture.

John W Henry the principal investor in NESV, overcame major difficulties to redevelop the historic home of the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park, although at the cost to the fans of vastly increased ticket prices. Broughton said: "They are going to look at a new stadium but they have experience at Boston of redeveloping an old stadium and just want to be sure they have exhausted all options before deciding on which one, but the commitment is they will do one or the other."

Liverpool's need for improved revenue streams from a new stadium is pressing and was a principal reason why Moores sold his majority shareholding to Hicks and Gillett in 2007. Club accounts for 2008-09 financial year showed Liverpool made £42m from gate and matchday income. In the same period Arsenal made £100m at the Emirates Stadium and Manchester United generated £109m at Old Trafford.

Liverpool is a host city for England's 2018 World Cup bid but with Anfield's capacity over the 40,000 threshold, and NESV committed to some form of rebuilding, that status is not at risk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:17 pm 

this is fast becoming my fave thread ever

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:32 pm 

Isn't this the United finances thread Gibbon?

Or does "combined" mean United and Liverpool.

Officially confused. :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 pm 

Liar Liar, pants on fire

Gill: No pressure to sell
Manchester United chief executive David Gill has insisted the club are under no pressure to sell the likes of Wayne Rooney despite announcing a major loss.

On Friday, the Red Devils revealed a post full-year operating profit of £100million, but an overall loss of £83.64million.

The figures have raised concerns over the Glazer family's ownership of the club, but Gill insists they are 'very good results'.

He said: "We are not a club that needs to sell. We have money in the bank so there is zero pressure on that, no pressure at all to sell any star player whether it is Wayne Rooney or X,Y or Z. I can categorically say that.

"There was no desire at all from anyone at the club to sell Cristiano - he wanted to go and as a result we managed to extract a world record fee.

"These philosophy is to retain and attract the best players. We have £165million in the bank but in some ways we would prefer to have £80million in the bank and Ronaldo on the pitch.

"There are very good results for the club with records here, there and everywhere but they are complicated with non-cash items and exceptional one-off hits."

Gill also eased fears of parallels with Premier League rivals Liverpool, who are facing administration unless their current American owners clear their unpaid debts.

He said:"I can't speak for any other club but the United fans should not be concerned, we have a long-term financing structure in place, excellent revenues that are growing, we are controlling our costs - total wages are 46% of turnover - and we can afford the interest on our long-term finance.

"In our opinion if something changed in the ownership this club will survive and continue - it is covering the financing cost more than adequately.

"We still have cash to invest in players and to give good contracts to players and we are comfortable with the business model."

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:42 am 

I Heart Lung wrote:
Isn't this the United finances thread Gibbon?

Or does "combined" mean United and Liverpool.

Officially confused. :confused:

combined red scum - as both packs of broke, financially fucked and american owned bastards.

condensed hilarity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 am 

For a club that's supposedly skint they managed to finish a comfortable second last year and pretty much wipe our arses in all four games we played them in.

We've spunked god knows how much more money than them over the last four seasons with fuck all to show for it except match after match of relentless negative football.

I'll be waiting a couple of seasons before I attempt to scorn the position their club's in. Some of you clowns might be wise to wind your necks in. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 am 

nah, strike whilst the fuckers are skint

Aguero