Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 pm 

He just can't help himself. After his team put in another lacklustre showing in their 1-1 draw agains Birmingham, Alex Ferguson criticised the 'weird and wonderful' decisions made by referee and linesman during the game, which included red card for Darren Fletcher. He even claimed to be happy with the point, even though Brum were not at their best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:51 pm 

did you watch the game?

he's right. the ref was a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 pm 

There were some interesting decisions or non-decisions.

When was the last time you saw a ref overrule a linesman on an offside decision?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:21 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

When was the last time you saw a ref overrule a linesman on an offside decision?

Last night.

Was the right decision too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:23 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:

Roque Santa Cruz against us in the Sven season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:23 pm 

It's becoming like a weekly soap opera. Got a smack on the wrist last week after the FA cup defeat and now this. Thought the FA said about if he moaned again he'd get a 4 game touchline ban or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:22 pm 

6 minutes of injury time and he's still complaining.

He'll be gone soon anyway. Then hopefully Roy Keane will takeover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:31 pm 

Didn't see the match yesterday so can't comment on the refereeing, but it's about time Fergie just accepted he hasn't got as good a team this year as he's had in the past, and that's the reason they keep churning out shit performances. Its nothing to do with the officials who over the course of the season will have done them a lot more favours than harm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:58 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Didn't see the match yesterday so can't comment on the refereeing, but it's about time Fergie just accepted he hasn't got as good a team this year as he's had in the past, and that's the reason they keep churning out shit performances. Its nothing to do with the officials who over the course of the season will have done them a lot more favours than harm.

concur, totally

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:

They're distinctly average more often than not now, imo. The thing keeping them going, and will do for a couple of years yet i guess, is the winning mentality that the club has built up by dominating for so many years.

However, that dominance has to end sometime, and it doesn't look too far away now. Fergie just hasn't got the time now to build yet another new team and some of the players he has paid big money for recently just don't look like they cut it at the level United need them too. Nani - waste of £18m. Berbatov - supremely gifted player yet he doesn't turn it on for them often. Waste of £30.

Looks like Vidic may well be on his way in the summer. Would be another nail in their coffin. Losing Ronaldo, Tevez and Vidic in the space of a year would be a big blow for them, and we know Fergie can't spend the money they bring in. The lack of spending after the Ronaldo sale proves that.

And, small though it may seem, large sections of the media that normally love Fergie suddenly have no problem criticising him. He is openly mocked by commentators and journo's now when he moans and whinges. I'm sure it won't concern him too much but perhaps shows that the media are not taking him quite as seriously as they did. Everybody can see he is becoming a sad parody of himself, and i really thing now we're seeing United's decline. Certainly as the dominant team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:35 pm 

what a crock of shit.

everyone who has watched a game of football in their life knows that united are always ALWAYS slow starters to the league campaign. they start fucking teams up soon enough.

i was thinking the other day as well, if they replaced scholes with lampard they would be the best team in europe i reckon. the might not have the best player anymore, but like barca, they have a quality in depth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:02 pm 

Paddington Blue wrote:
what a crock of shit.

everyone who has watched a game of football in their life knows that united are always ALWAYS slow starters to the league campaign. they start fucking teams up soon enough.

i was thinking the other day as well, if they replaced scholes with lampard they would be the best team in europe i reckon. the might not have the best player anymore, but like barca, they have a quality in depth.

Yep, they always start slowly. They don't always look so average though. And what with their finances, i don't think they'll be in a great position to be signing new players for big money any time soon.

Maybe they'll win the league this season, i still think they're on the slide.