Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 pm 

pompey could very well be out of business this time next week, if they can't convince the tax man to spread their payments then they're fucked

remember what happened at boro? big fuck off padlock and chain across the gates at ayresome park

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
pompey could very well be out of business this time next week, if they can't convince the tax man to spread their payments then they're fucked

remember what happened at boro? big fuck off padlock and chain across the gates at ayresome park

Yeah (well no, I wasn't born) - in the close-season. Pompey will go into administration if anything and liquidation shouldn't be a factor till the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:27 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Pompey will go into administration if anything and liquidation shouldn't be a factor till the summer.

I hope so, although according to what was said yesterday in court it seems yet another change of ownership is all that might save them.
The Registrar says she is aware of what liquidation would do to the fans, but is not taking that into consideration. She is worried that administration, or any delay in closure, will just increase the debt.

Quote:
Court registrar Christine Derrett said she feared the company would continue to trade and build up more debts that would not be paid.
"I am very concerned about the financial status of this company," she said. "It seems to me there's a very real risk that this company is undoubtedly trading while it is insolvent.
"I'm obviously conscious that, by making a winding-up order, it would have very severe consequences not only for the company as a business but for the supporters themselves, but that's not a consideration that I strictly take into account."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:47 pm 

it said that if Portsmouth are thrown out of the league then their results will be expunged i.e. the games were never played.