Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:45 am 

Looking bad at Portsmouth. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Portsmouth players will demand answers from new owner Sulaiman Al Fahim after they were not paid their wages this month.
Full story: The Sun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 am 

Badger wrote:
Looking bad at Portsmouth. :rolleyes:

Bloody hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:16 am 

I still harbour a lot of dislike for Portsmouth, even though there's nothing that offensive about the club anymore. Apart from the c*nt with the bell. Redknapp Syndrome, it's called

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:18 am 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
I still harbour a lot of dislike for Portsmouth, even though there's nothing that offensive about the club anymore. Apart from the c*nt with the bell. Redknapp Syndrome, it's called

^^^This^^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:23 am 

I've never forgiven them for that late winner Mendes scored. It wasn't so much that we lost as the fact that I was stood in a stand at a premiership ground and getting rained on when it happened.

They claim the wages thing is a payroll error. Normally I'd say that's a load of bollocks, but the guy's a billionairre isn't he? I can't imagine he'd have any problems paying their wages - it's not like they have any decent players left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:32 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
I've never forgiven them for that late winner Mendes scored. It wasn't so much that we lost as the fact that I was stood in a stand at a premiership ground and getting rained on when it happened.

They claim the wages thing is a payroll error. Normally I'd say that's a load of bollocks, but the guy's a billionairre isn't he? I can't imagine he'd have any problems paying their wages - it's not like they have any decent players left.

There's something seriously dodgy afoot, it seems.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:36 am 

This thread title keeps making me laugh because the "x" bit reminds me of Futurama, when there's the 80's guy teaching Fry generic business phrases and Fry tries it on Lella and goes "Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank" :D

It's tenuous but I can't get it out of my head

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:16 am 

There's something seriously dodgy afoot, it seems.

Really seems it. I hate Portsmouth. Know nothing south coast chavs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:09 am 

Miggs wrote:
No parents kill them and blame the poor things.

oooooooh pop!!

take you from the 80s
bimbos rock the latex
dingos catch the babies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8di8L2I2Hk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:11 am 

Where I have decided I must visit before long. Watch the videos.

Wolves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:27 am 

Must say after the game the other night West Ham look as if they may be in for a bit of a struggle if Carleton Cole isnt at the top of his game, looking at their midfield for the game the other night I just cannot see where they are going to create chances for their strikers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:02 am 

This thread title keeps making me laugh because the "x" bit reminds me of Futurama, when there's the 80's guy teaching Fry generic business phrases and Fry tries it on Lella and goes "Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank" :D

It's tenous but I can't get it out of my head

"so anyway kiff, i couldnt wear my underwear this morning, now quickly, follow me up this ladder"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 am 

hogeymack wrote:
"so anyway kiff, i couldnt wear my underwear this morning, now quickly, follow me up this ladder"

New series coming soon too :D

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:14 am 

Futurama is vastly underrated. I adore it. especially branigan.

"i am the man with no name. Zapp Branigan!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 am 

My stepmum will only watch the episodes with him in

Great character
I still need to watch the films, only watched the first up to now

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:26 am 

My stepmum will only watch the episodes with him in

Great character
I still need to watch the films, only watched the first up to now

the beast with a billion backs (think thats it) - chuffing briliant

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:28 am 

Futurama>>>>The Simpsons.

I went there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 am 

Badger wrote:
Futurama>>>>The Simpsons.

I went there.

Spot on

Early Simpsons though >>>>>>>>>>>> Futurama

South Park >>>>>>>>> all :cool:

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:30 am 

Timpblue wrote:
the beast with a billion backs (think thats it) - chuffing briliant

Yeah really good story to it too

The episode with Fry's dog in Futurama makes me cry

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:25 am 

Yeah really good story to it too

The episode with Fry's dog in Futurama makes me cry

quiter a "baaawwwww" bit that
he waited for you fry.

Sulaiman al-Fahim admitted to a hospital in Dubai with kidney infection• Fahim set for operation to remove kidney stones
• Meeting with potential investors will be cancelled
Buzz up!
Digg it
guardian.co.uk, Friday 2 October 2009 10.03 BST
Article history

Sulaiman al-Fahim is under pressure to provide details of his long-term financing plans at Portsmouth. Photograph: Frances Leader/Action Images

The Portsmouth owner, Sulaiman al-Fahim, has been admitted to a hospital in Dubai and is due to have an operation today to remove kidney stones.

Fahim arrived at the hospital late last night and had a series of tests which showed an acute kidney infection. He is likely to require a couple of days to recuperate and will not be able to attend a planned meeting with representatives of the Saudi al-Faraj brothers on Sunday.

That meeting was called to discuss the brothers potentially making a long-term investment in Portsmouth. They have already provided £5m to cover last month's wages, which the players and three directors did not receive on time this week, and day-to-day running costs for the club.

Fahim says his operation will have no impact on the refinancing of Portsmouth or the management of the club. His advisers are working to finalise plans to deliver £50m to the club this month. Portsmouth's finance director, Tanya Robins, is playing a key role in that while the chief executive, Peter Storrie, continues to oversee the day-to-day running of the troubled Premier League club.

Pressure has been mounting on Fahim to provide details of his long-term financing plans at Portsmouth after it emerged that the first-team squad and executive board had not been paid this week. The club's executive directors have since published a statement insisting that they can raise the funds necessary to cover the unpaid wages, but reminding Fahim that it is ultimately up to him to find a "permanent financing solution".

i'd have reached for the nappy pack if i were a pompey fan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next