Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:01 pm 

For a brief period i adopted Atletico Madrid as my Spanish team. Then i realised i didn't actually give a shit that much. I quite like them to do well still but i don't watch them.

So i would say i don't have a second team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:03 pm 

92nd in the Football League. It's going good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:06 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
92nd in the Football League. It's going good.

Would you take Darlington finishing bottom, and thus being relegated to the Conference, if it meant City won the FA Cup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:11 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Would you take Darlington finishing bottom, and thus being relegated to the Conference, if it meant City won the FA Cup?

It depends. If Darlo were to get relegated, but then sort their sh*t out and do a Carlisle and get promoted twice soon after then yes, I'd take a year or two in the Conference. At the moment though it looks like if they do get relegated, they may not even be competative in the Conference so I think I'd rather Darlo stayed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:22 am 

Leicester City - well I've lived here most of my life so class them as my second team.

I remember going to Filbert Street with 3 of my Leicester mates so I was sat in the south stand with all the Leicester fans. Got some friendly advice from an old school friend that was a steward that day and knew where my allegiances lied that I shouldn't go cheering too loud for city. I contained myself when the goat scored but it all went out of the window when Wanchope scored the winner with a back heel and nearly got myself kicked out and kick in all at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 am 

moon_t wrote:
Leicester City - well I've lived here most of my life so class them as my second team.

I remember going to Filbert Street with 3 of my Leicester mates so I was sat in the south stand with all the Leicester fans. Got some friendly advice from an old school friend that was a steward that day and knew where my allegiances lied that I shouldn't go cheering too loud for city. I contained myself when the goat scored but it all went out of the window when Wanchope scored the winner with a back heel and nearly got myself kicked out and kick in all at the same time.

I was also sat with the Leicester fans that day! I have to say i thought the Leicester fans where we were fucking ace, they knew we were City fans and took it very well and in good humour when we were celebrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:28 am 

Squidge wrote:
I was also sat with the Leicester fans that day! I have to say i thought the Leicester fans where we were fucking ace, they knew we were City fans and took it very well and in good humour when we were celebrating.

They're generally a good bunch since the local hooligans got a bit longer in the tooth, used to call themselves the Baby Squad and tried to model themselves on the likes of the ICF back in the 80's and early 90's, but has a real good family atmosphere now at the Walkers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 am 

Hmmm well...

NCAA sports- Duke and Notre Dame---> my favorite of all teams.
NFL- Cleveland Browns
NHL- Columbus Blue Jackets
Soccer/Football- Really only care for City---> second favorite
Baseball- Cincinnati Reds
NBA- Don't care cuz I think professional Basketball sucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:57 am 

Sheffield Wednesday are my second team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:33 pm 

blueduck wrote:
Sheffield Wednesday are my second team.

How much do you care about them though? Look out for their results before most others or is it more than that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 pm 

[quote="DarloBlue"]It depends. If Darlo were to get relegated, but then sort their sh*t out and do a Carlisle and get promoted twice soon after then yes, I'd take a year or two in the Conference. At the moment though it looks like if they do get relegated, they may not even be competative in the Conference so I think I'd rather Darlo stayed up.[/QUOTE

I can see Darlo getting relegated this season tbh 1 point from 6 and I can't see what quality you've got in the sqaud to drag you out of that mess. But there is a long way to go yet. I watch Morecambe every home game and I think were gonna struggle this season, anyway I think I'm gonna watch the Darlo game at your place think its on the 13 November

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 pm 

I have a passing interest in Brentford Bees, I dont really support any one else but Blues tbh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 pm 

none...only city..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:35 pm 

LegendKiller63 wrote:
I can see Darlo getting relegated this season tbh 1 point from 6 and I can't see what quality you've got in the sqaud to drag you out of that mess. But there is a long way to go yet. I watch Morecambe every home game and I think were gonna struggle this season, anyway I think I'm gonna watch the Darlo game at your place think its on the 13 November

Yeah, it's gonna be a struggle. The fortunate thing is that only two teams go down of twenty-four, and there is a lot of sh*t in League Two - so it's not unforeseeable that they will get off the bottom of the table. It's just a bit gutting really that last season, prior to going into administration, we had a very good chance of automatic, and now only six/seven months later from that point, we're utter garbage. It's not long since our attack consisted of Pawel Abbott, Richie Foran and Julian Joachim (those three pretty much destroyed Morecambe on the break a couple of seasons ago, ended 3-0). Now we have loan players from Sunderland/Boro who just ain't committed, a thirty-odd year-old striker who has a reputation for not being able to score goals in League Two, and a forty year-old fat b*stard who gets knackered after only running about twenty yards (no prizes for guessing who that is).

If you do go to that game, and are going via train from Manchester, I may go as well if you fancy. The stadiums nice and spacious now, we're up to 12.5 seats per person thanks to the fall in attendances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
Yeah, it's gonna be a struggle. The fortunate thing is that only two teams go down of twenty-four, and there is a lot of sh*t in League Two - so it's not unforeseeable that they will get off the bottom of the table. It's just a bit gutting really that last season, prior to going into administration, we had a very good chance of automatic, and now only six/seven months later from that point, we're utter garbage. It's not long since our attack consisted of Pawel Abbott, Richie Foran and Julian Joachim (those three pretty much destroyed Morecambe on the break a couple of seasons ago, ended 3-0). Now we have loan players from Sunderland/Boro who just ain't committed, a thirty-odd year-old striker who has a reputation for not being able to score goals in League Two, and a forty year-old fat b*stard who gets knackered after only running about twenty yards (no prizes for guessing who that is).

If you do go to that game, and are going via train from Manchester, I may go as well if you fancy. The stadiums nice and spacious now, we're up to 12.5 seats per person thanks to the fall in attendances.

Quality pro. He's had a good career. Yeah If I'm going I'll give you a shout nearer the time I'll be in Leeds at that point though for Uni which could confuse matters.

Btw I reckon if you did go down it wouldn't be such a bad thing, your probrably good enough to push for the play off places in the conference and the club needs to be rebuilt again properly I reckon been unbeleivable really the turnaround since administration.

The shrimps move into the new 6,000 seater stadium next year :approve: fuck knows how they gonna fill it every week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:12 am 

Wacthed all burys home games so far and lost them all team doesn't seem the same as last year where Bury were easiest the best team in the league but gave away some silly goals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:26 am 

jbuk wrote:
Wacthed all burys home games so far and lost them all team doesn't seem the same as last year where Bury were easiest the best team in the league but gave away some silly goals

Have to disagree with that. Wycombe and Brentford were both comfortably better teams, and squad-wise so were Darlington, Shrewsbury, Rotherham and Bradford imo. Bury played with a good team spirit but I seem to remember a lot of their wins were just by the odd goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:57 pm 

Bury are class to go an watch...the real football an proper passion is with the lower leagues....all about the money in the top flight now
full of glory hunters
i seem to remember city's stadium was never a full crowd, but now the money an players have come in, theyve all come out of the woodwork again
jumpin on the bandwagon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 pm 

Have you signed up just to make that point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:07 pm 

Buryfc wrote:
Bury are class to go an watch...the real football an proper passion is with the lower leagues....all about the money in the top flight now
full of glory hunters
i seem to remember city's stadium was never a full crowd, but now the money an players have come in, theyve all come out of the woodwork again
jumpin on the bandwagon

Our attendence's have not changed much in the last season's if you'd check.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next