Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lets all laugh
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:56 am 

Benzema: I rejected United

Karim Benzema revealed he rejected advances from the likes of Champions League finalists Barcelona and Manchester United before opting for his "dream'' move to Real Madrid.

Benzema established himself as one of Europe's hottest properties during his time at Lyon, for whom he scored 54 competitive goals in the last two seasons, and he was regularly linked with some of the continent's biggest clubs.
Madrid won the race for the France international after having a 35million euros bid accepted by Lyon last week, but while Benzema insists the Spanish giants were always his top choice, he confirmed they were not his only suitors.
When asked what other teams were keen on him, Benzema said: "There were quite a few clubs that contacted me like Manchester (United), Inter Milan and Barcelona, but I decided to come here.
"Real Madrid are an excellent club. I've dreamt about playing here since I was 15 years old.
"Florentino (Madrid president Perez) spoke to me about the team and the project that he wanted to create. I wanted to play at Real Madrid anyway so he didn't have to convince me of hardly anything.''
Benzema is the the fourth new arrival to be unveiled by the Spanish giants since Perez returned to the presidency at the start of June, following in the footsteps of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Raul Albiol.
An estimated 90,000 people turned up for Ronaldo's presentation at the Bernabeu on Monday, while around 55,000 were in attendance for Kaka's unveiling last week.
The amount of people that watched Benzema's presentation last night was considerably less than those two players, with around 20,000 in the stands, but the Frenchman was still delighted with his reception and immediately endeared himself to the fans by repeatedly kissing the Madrid badge.
"It was very exciting. Real Madrid fans have a special relationship with the players and I am very grateful for that,'' he said.
"I felt some strong emotions today and that's why I kissed the badge.''
Benzema, who has not yet been given a shirt number at his new club, was a prolific scorer with Lyon and he is confident he can be a regular marksman at Madrid as well - if he can secure himself a place in what is promising to be a star-studded line-up.
"I don't want to promise a set number of goals, although I hope to score a lot. With players like Kaka, (Cristiano) Ronaldo and Raul it will be very easy for us to get goals,'' said Benzema, whose signing takes Madrid's spending this summer towards the £200million mark.
"I'm aware that there is great competition at the club and maybe I cannot always play, but I've come here to fight, so it's not going to be a problem.''

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:01 am 

I wrote a song about this. true story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:50 am 

Miggs wrote:
Benzema: I rejected United

Karim Benzema revealed he rejected advances from the likes of Champions League finalists Barcelona and Manchester United before opting for his "dream'' move to Real Madrid.

Benzema established himself as one of Europe's hottest properties during his time at Lyon, for whom he scored 54 competitive goals in the last two seasons, and he was regularly linked with some of the continent's biggest clubs.
Madrid won the race for the France international after having a 35million euros bid accepted by Lyon last week, but while Benzema insists the Spanish giants were always his top choice, he confirmed they were not his only suitors.
When asked what other teams were keen on him, Benzema said: "There were quite a few clubs that contacted me like Manchester (United), Inter Milan and Barcelona, but I decided to come here.
"Real Madrid are an excellent club. I've dreamt about playing here since I was 15 years old.
"Florentino (Madrid president Perez) spoke to me about the team and the project that he wanted to create. I wanted to play at Real Madrid anyway so he didn't have to convince me of hardly anything.''
Benzema is the the fourth new arrival to be unveiled by the Spanish giants since Perez returned to the presidency at the start of June, following in the footsteps of Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Raul Albiol.
An estimated 90,000 people turned up for Ronaldo's presentation at the Bernabeu on Monday, while around 55,000 were in attendance for Kaka's unveiling last week.
The amount of people that watched Benzema's presentation last night was considerably less than those two players, with around 20,000 in the stands, but the Frenchman was still delighted with his reception and immediately endeared himself to the fans by repeatedly kissing the Madrid badge.
"It was very exciting. Real Madrid fans have a special relationship with the players and I am very grateful for that,'' he said.
"I felt some strong emotions today and that's why I kissed the badge.''
Benzema, who has not yet been given a shirt number at his new club, was a prolific scorer with Lyon and he is confident he can be a regular marksman at Madrid as well - if he can secure himself a place in what is promising to be a star-studded line-up.
"I don't want to promise a set number of goals, although I hope to score a lot. With players like Kaka, (Cristiano) Ronaldo and Raul it will be very easy for us to get goals,'' said Benzema, whose signing takes Madrid's spending this summer towards the £200million mark.
"I'm aware that there is great competition at the club and maybe I cannot always play, but I've come here to fight, so it's not going to be a problem.''

:mad::mad: Can't wait for this to fucking stop.

Benzema 'endeared himself to the fans by repeatedly kissing the Madrid badge.'... at his presentation.

Dickhead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:23 am 

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill and midfielder Nigel Reo Coker had a training ground bust-up on Thursday which saw the pair wrestle each other to the ground.
Full story: The Sun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:00 am 

nice resurrection cloudy

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 am 

Miggs wrote:
nice resurrection cloudy

Thanks Miggs.

Not being arsed to find the proper thread for gossip has reached a new high (low?) today I reckon. :approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 am 

It may have. How are you btw?

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:05 am 

Miggs wrote:
It may have. How are you btw?

I'm on top of the world Ma.

How's yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:06 am 

Cloudy O'Rabia wrote:
I'm on top of the world Ma.

How's yourself?

Pretty good. Graveyard shift tonight so just looking forward to that.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:07 am 

Miggs wrote:
Pretty good. Graveyard shift tonight so just looking forward to that.

:cool:

Don't forget to cover the keyboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:10 am 

Cloudy O'Rabia wrote:
:cool:

Don't forget to cover the keyboard.

;)

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:14 am 

we seem to be getting under the drunken scots skin this season. alongside all the wine, whiskey and buckfast.

'Cocky' City provoke the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson• City have had a 'softish' start to the season
• Adebayor's conduct 'surprising' and 'aggressive'
Buzz up!
Digg it
Daniel Taylor
The Guardian, Friday 18 September 2009
Article history

Sir Alex Ferguson raised the stakes before the derby with Manchester City by calling their stockpiling of players 'crazy'. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA

Sir Alex Ferguson's growing dislike of Manchester City manifested itself in another outspoken and wide-ranging attack by the Manchester United manager last night in which he branded them "cocky" and backed the Football Association's decision to ban Emmanuel Adebayor.

At his most provocative, Ferguson also played down City's impressive form this season by describing them as having a "softish start" and he raised the stakes ahead of Sunday's potentially volatile derby at Old Trafford by questioning whether it would have to be regarded as a failure if Mark Hughes, having spent £120m this summer alone, did not win the Premier League this season.

Ferguson described Adebayor's behaviour in City's 4-2 defeat of Arsenal last weekend as "very aggressive" and he made it clear that he was still aggrieved about the manner in which United's neighbours had taunted them after signing Carlos Tevez by putting up a Welcome to Manchester billboard in the city centre.

"The rivalry has gone up a notch in the last few months, with them signing all those players and then coming up with that advert and all their posters," he said. "They've been a bit, how can I put it, cocky – yes, a bit cocky."

Ferguson was "surprised" City had beaten Arsenal and there was the first sign that he might want to indulge in some mind games with the most prolific spenders in English football. "I think they've got seven centre-forwards now, which is crazy, just amazing, but when you have spent that amount of money, and the wages they are paying, you have to win the league with that kind of investment and that's where the difficulty will come for them," he said.

"It's going to be very difficult for them to win the league when you see the likes of ourselves, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal because they've got to beat the four of us at some point this season to get the league. It's very difficult to get into the top four and it's even more difficult to get into the top one, and that's what this league is all about – being No1."

Ferguson, speaking to Sirius XM Radio in the United States, was asked about Adebayor's stamp on Robin van Persie and the manner in which the striker had celebrated scoring against his former club by running the length of the pitch to goad the Arsenal fans.

United's manager believes it was more serious than when Gary Neville celebrated a goal in front of Liverpool's supporters at Old Trafford in 2006, incurring a £5,000 fine from the FA. Adebayor, according to Ferguson, had left the FA with no choice but to suspend him for violent conduct for the Van Persie challenge, with the possibility of further sanctions to come.

"It was surprising [behaviour]. I couldn't believe it. He was very aggressive, the boy."

Asked what he would do if one of his players had behaved like that, Ferguson said: "I'd take them into a dark room."

City have won all four of their Premier League games going into what Ferguson predicts will be "quite a volatile" match. "They [City] have had a softish start to the season, with two or three easier games," he said.

He was, however, prepared to admit that City would go to Old Trafford in a confident mood. "Their result on Saturday was the one that surprised people because scoring four goals against Arsenal was an emphatic result. So they have had a good start and, when you get a good start, it can galvanise you and give you confidence, and of course they've got all those players now."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:16 am 

It's always good when you hear a player turned down United. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
we seem to be getting under the drunken scots skin this season. alongside all the wine, whiskey and buckfast.

I laughed :D

Quote:
"I think they've got seven centre-forwards now, which is crazy, just amazing, but when you have spent that amount of money, and the wages they are paying, you have to win the league with that kind of investment and that's where the difficulty will come for them," he said.

Go on...? Tevez, Ade, Roque, Benjani. They're centre forwards. Bellamy and Robinho are pretty much wingers in our system. I can't think of the other?

Quote:
"It's going to be very difficult for them to win the league when you see the likes of ourselves, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal because they've got to beat the four of us at some point this season to get the league."

What? When did this become the rule? I seem to remember United not winning very many of their games against the other three last season.

Quote:
Asked what he would do if one of his players had behaved like that, Ferguson said: "I'd take them into a dark room."

Sick. SICK.

Quote:
City have won all four of their Premier League games going into what Ferguson predicts will be "quite a volatile" match. "They [City] have had a softish start to the season, with two or three easier games," he said.

*nods* Not had to play at Turf Moor yet :rolleyes:

Fergie's not lost it.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:24 am 

Fergie's blood is now virtually indistinguishable from anal mucus.

It's very sad for all involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:28 am 

I heard his face is mainly red construction paper these days :(

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!