Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:05 pm 

Anyone get that nagging feeling that Owen may just be good and Baconface will get the best out of him.Got Larsson at 35 and he did alright, Sheringham wasn't a spring chicken and he did alright.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:09 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Anyone get that nagging feeling that Owen may just be good and Baconface will get the best out of him.Got Larsson at 35 and he did alright, Sheringham wasn't a spring chicken and he did alright.

I firmly believe this is what will happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:41 pm 

Hmmm... That blue and black united away kit. I quite likes it.:o I mean, obviously the badge is vile, but if you can ignore that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:41 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

mmmm unfortunately I conker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:44 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

I don't think there's ever a question on his ability, I think the main battle is keeping him fit.

If he's fit, he'll score for anyone, but obviously ferguson will receive the credit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:54 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Hmmm... That blue and black united away kit. I quite likes it.:o I mean, obviously the badge is vile, but if you can ignore that...

No that's horrible Jeebs. The stripe on the chest of the shirt...

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 pm 

Micahrichardsatemybaby wrote:
No that's horrible Jeebs. The stripe on the chest of the shirt...

Maybe it's just the combination of that shade of blue and the black that I likes, and the actuall design is irrelevant? Yes, I think that's what I like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:20 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Maybe it's just the combination of that shade of blue and the black that I likes, and the actuall design is irrelevant? Yes, I think that's what I like.

Has you seen Everton's kit?

Possibly the worst kit ever.

Right, consider that it is comprised of two perfectly acceptable colours for a football kit, royal blue and white, not like having to work with luminous yellow or something (though i generally quite like garish kits) and then look at this monstrosity...

:spazz:

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:22 pm 

Blackburn's is horrible too. Or might be Birmingham?

That whole area. They're all similar anyway. Inbred.

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:24 pm 

Right, consider that it is comprised of two perfectly acceptable colours for a football kit, royal blue and white, not like having to work with luminous yellow or something (though i generally quite like garish kits) and then look at this monstrosity...

Jesus wept. Is that two slightly different shades of blue or is it just my monitor?

Good to see Le Coq Sportif are being kept busy :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:26 pm 

That is fucking disgusting. We really are gonna be the best dressed team in the league next season.

Post subject:

When you put it like that, it makes it all the more impressive that they could make such a mess of it. And it is a mess. A botch, that's a good word.

Post subject:

Makes me vomit. It's horrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:28 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Jesus wept. Is that two slightly different shades of blue or is it just my monitor?

Good to see Le Coq Sportif are being kept busy :p

Think it is two different shades...

What were they thinking? Who could possibly let that get into production without going "Hang on lads, isn't it... isn't it.. a bit... shite? We can do better than this"

Le Coq Sportif - phoning it in yet again

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
When you put it like that, it makes it all the more impressive that they could make such a mess of it. And it is a mess. A botch, that's a good word.

Botch is indeed the word

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:33 pm 

You know what it just reminded me of, that everton top? A gay vest. You know what I mean? Like when the bottom of the vest is pulled up at the front and tied up somewhere so it looks like a bikini top? I dont know what I'm talking about do I? I'm confusing myself here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:36 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
You know what it just reminded me of, that everton top? A gay vest. You know what I mean? Like when the bottom of the vest is pulled up at the front and tied up somewhere so it looks like a bikini top? I dont know what I'm talking about do I? I'm confusing myself here.

I know exactly what you mean and concur enthusiatically.

That plunging neckline really is hideous. All very well saying 'no-one's ever done that before', but there's a fecking reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:39 pm 

Oddly, I do like the 25 badge inside it. I do however, hate the kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 pm 

No one wants an owen shirt. ha ha :D

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=659544&sec=england&cc=5739

Quote:
It's lucky for Michael Owen that Sir Alex Ferguson rates him, because Manchester United supporters certainly do not. Since he signed on Friday, the club shop has yet to receive a single request for an Owen shirt.
Click Here

This evidences just how widely the dissatisfaction with his purchase is felt; very few supporters feel that he is good enough to play for the team, and just as many are resentful of having an ex-Liverpool player in the squad.

An employee at United's megastore commented that:

"We haven't got his number yet, which might have had an effect, [but] we are not expecting a big demand even when that is known. As far as I know, no one has asked for [it]".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:47 pm 

O Blue wrote:

I lolled.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next