Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pure Mince
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:57 am 

Made me laugh when Catflap said before their game that he could see Pure Mince as a future England manager. I suspect a heavily disguised dig at the FA there.

From Timesonline:

From The Times
November 24, 2008
Raging Paul Ince involved in tunnel fracas at Tottenham

Paul Ince squared up to Joe Jordan in the tunnel at half-time of the defeat by Tottenham Hotspur (AFP/Glyn Kirk)
Kaveh Solhekol
Paul Ince was embroiled in renewed controversy last night after the Blackburn Rovers manager squared up to Joe Jordan, the Tottenham Hotspur coach, at half-time in Rovers' 1-0 defeat at White Hart Lane. Ince, who also criticised Fabio Capello, the England manager, after the game, is coming under increasing pressure after his side slipped to next to bottom in the Barclays Premier League.

Blackburn have not won a league game for two months and their chances of beating Tottenham disappeared when Martin Olsson was sent off after a series of crude challenges on Aaron Lennon in the first half. Ince and Jordan squared up in the tunnel after the Tottenham coach complained to Howard Webb, the referee, about Blackburn's tackling in the first half.

“Joe Jordan was talking to the referee about André Ooijer and saying that he kicked Lennon two or three times,” the Blackburn manager said. “We'd already had a man sent off and he was trying to get another man sent off.”

Ince replaced Mark Hughes at Ewood Park in the summer but little has gone right for the former England captain since he left Milton Keynes Dons, who had just been promoted to Coca-Cola League One, to join Blackburn in the top flight. Although Ince convinced Roque Santa Cruz to stay at the club - the Paraguay forward is expected to join Manchester City in January - Blackburn have won only three league games this season and Ince has become involved in a series of high-profile spats.

Two weeks ago, the former Manchester United and Inter Milan midfield player accused Ray Wilkins, the Chelsea assistant manager, of disrespecting his players after a 2-0 home defeat by saying that he was expecting a physical game. “I was upset with him for coming out with that garbage,” Ince said at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 am 

Joe Jordan is scarey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:50 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Joe Jordan is scarey.

Coupled with Paul Ince being a nob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:15 am 

Love to see the footage of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 am 

What i did notice yesterday was David Pleat Pronouncing Andre Ooijer's name in at least 3 different ways.

Oyjer
Ooooojer
Ohjer...or sommat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:12 pm 

Jordan always ends up squaring up with someone or other two or three times a season. Never seemed to get on with Pyscho on the touchline, which was always fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:19 pm 

Cloudy O'Rabia wrote:
Made me laugh when Catflap said before their game that he could see Pure Mince as a future England manager. I suspect a heavily disguised dig at the FA there.

From Timesonline:

From The Times
November 24, 2008
Raging Paul Ince involved in tunnel fracas at Tottenham

Paul Ince squared up to Joe Jordan in the tunnel at half-time of the defeat by Tottenham Hotspur (AFP/Glyn Kirk)
Kaveh Solhekol
Paul Ince was embroiled in renewed controversy last night after the Blackburn Rovers manager squared up to Joe Jordan, the Tottenham Hotspur coach, at half-time in Rovers' 1-0 defeat at White Hart Lane. Ince, who also criticised Fabio Capello, the England manager, after the game, is coming under increasing pressure after his side slipped to next to bottom in the Barclays Premier League.

Blackburn have not won a league game for two months and their chances of beating Tottenham disappeared when Martin Olsson was sent off after a series of crude challenges on Aaron Lennon in the first half. Ince and Jordan squared up in the tunnel after the Tottenham coach complained to Howard Webb, the referee, about Blackburn's tackling in the first half.

“Joe Jordan was talking to the referee about André Ooijer and saying that he kicked Lennon two or three times,” the Blackburn manager said. “We'd already had a man sent off and he was trying to get another man sent off.”

Ince replaced Mark Hughes at Ewood Park in the summer but little has gone right for the former England captain since he left Milton Keynes Dons, who had just been promoted to Coca-Cola League One, to join Blackburn in the top flight. Although Ince convinced Roque Santa Cruz to stay at the club - the Paraguay forward is expected to join Manchester City in January - Blackburn have won only three league games this season and Ince has become involved in a series of high-profile spats.

Two weeks ago, the former Manchester United and Inter Milan midfield player accused Ray Wilkins, the Chelsea assistant manager, of disrespecting his players after a 2-0 home defeat by saying that he was expecting a physical game. “I was upset with him for coming out with that garbage,” Ince said at the time.

When do we play Blackburn?

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:27 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:

As if that makes any difference, we'd be the team to break their duck for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:18 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
As if that makes any difference, we'd be the team to break their duck for them.

Methinks that's exactly what he was getting at....

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:22 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
Methinks that's exactly what he was getting at....

My sarcasm detectors are clearly on the blink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:25 pm 

Just whack them, should sort the problem.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:08 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:

Haha, we could do with the points.