All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:54 pm 
4.69 miles L2 Stockport County Football Club
8.79 miles PR Manchester City Football Club
10.74 miles L2 Macclesfield Town Football Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:41 pm 

Apparently Exeter no longer exists. Nearest football stadium is Yeovil :confused:

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:31 am 

United 3.15
County 3.68
City 4.34

although prob about half a mile from where maine road was..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:26 am 

I couldn't get any more local if I was sitting in the Sheikhs lap...I look out of my apartment window every morning to the Manchester City sign on Eastlands hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:33 am 

you in those flats near asda? i might get a flat near the stadium soon, but think id rather live more in the centre of town. those flats as you turn off for the ground towars the mitchell from the ring road are weird, is like each room is on display to everyone walking past. not sure id want to live there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:40 am 

Bluewythy wrote:
you in those flats near asda? i might get a flat near the stadium soon, but think id rather live more in the centre of town. those flats as you turn off for the ground towars the mitchell from the ring road are weird, is like each room is on display to everyone walking past. not sure id want to live there.

Yeah mate im in the Sport City flats...yeah I know what you mean...dont fancy those other flats on the way to the ground...they look pokey for a start...surely they must be getting blinds up at some point though...they have only just been finished

The Sport City flats are great and relatively cheap...decent sized rooms and a nice balcony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:52 am 

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Yeah mate im in the Sport City flats...yeah I know what you mean...dont fancy those other flats on the way to the ground...they look pokey for a start...surely they must be getting blinds up at some point though...they have only just been finished

The Sport City flats are great and relatively cheap...decent sized rooms and a nice balcony

all back to your's for a party after the next home game then! ;)

yeah all the flats around there look nice, but think im going to find something inside the ring road for easier walking home drunk purposes. i miss living in the city centre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:55 am 

Bluewythy wrote:
all back to your's for a party after the next home game then! ;)

yeah all the flats around there look nice, but think im going to find something inside the ring road for easier walking home drunk purposes. i miss living in the city centre.

Ah but the joys of 24 hour Asda...McDonalds and City were too much of a lure for me hahaha...

And of course...everyone is welcome to come over for a few cans pre or post game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:57 am 

blueinyorkshire wrote:
i am pleased with the fanbase we have... i live in huddersfield and often see city fans out in their replica's in huddersfield....I know some city fans that travel a 800 mile round trip fortnightly to see city at home.... the question id like to ask is why was there 7,000 empty seats last saturday?

Is it ££££ because we are extremely competitive for seat prices....£25 was the most expensive last weekend...yet my local team (hudds town) charge £27 minimum.

Id love to know why because we have the fan base.....we have a decent stadium the ticket prices are competitive and we now have the team and play good football....

In the words of Delia Smith

"where are you? Where are you? Lets be having you...hic passsh me the gin"

surprised there weren't more, seeing as the game was sunday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:19 am 

Quote:
Ferguson told Inside United, the club's official magazine: "I think that supporting football clubs is an inherent thing, you normally follow the team that your father or your grandfather followed, that's the normal pattern.

"That loyalty remains all your life and it applies to fans of clubs up and down the country, big or small.

"What you're brought up with, it stays with you, and that's what supporting a team means. I don't think any 13-year-olds will be jumping ship because City have got a load of money!"

?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:21 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
surprised there weren't more, seeing as the game was sunday!

Surprised at our empty seats, though the Portsmouth turnout was shocking to. I was in the Northstand and looking across at an empty stand is awful. I know Portsmouth to Manchester is a way to travel but it was a sunday.