Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:32 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Khabom wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:
I wrote to Bastard while unable to log in while on holiday the following and thought I'd share;

'I think it's outstanding entertainment that Moyes was sacked and they are in troubled times but the irony of Ferguson appointing him and then being involved with sacking him is undeniably ironic given his outspoken comments dozens of times on other managers being sacked before having time to prove themselves. What it shows is he is a cunt, employed by an institution of cuntra, in its own little cuntdom.'

Also, there are more un*ted t-shirts in Thailand than you can throw a stripper at.

You were in Thailand? Where'd you go?

Phuket. Loved it, all action holiday. Shooting guns, hugging tigers, muay thai, a 28 leg HUGE flying fox plus the standard swimming, and drinking til you drop. Was tremendous. Where you been?

I've been all over Thailand but I live about 40 Klm from Pattaya.

Phuket's a nice area scenery-wise, but expensive yes? Very touristy down there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:55 am 

Very cool! I forgot you are in Thai, what do you do there?

It really is not expensive but given it is very touristy for a local I'd say it would be. THB 70 - 80 for a beer as an example. The only other place in Thai I have been to is Hat Yai when I drove up one time from Penang. I couldn't recommend it to anyone, there is nothing to see there except the Fish Bowl strip joint which wasn't limited solely to ripping.

I got to learn a little bit of the lingo but it is so far different from ozinglish that it is difficult to pronounce. The characters in their alphabet I found impossible to distinguish. can you speak/read thai? Kab-koon-krap.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Very cool! I forgot you are in Thai, what do you do there?

It really is not expensive but given it is very touristy for a local I'd say it would be. THB 70 - 80 for a beer as an example. The only other place in Thai I have been to is Hat Yai when I drove up one time from Penang. I couldn't recommend it to anyone, there is nothing to see there except the Fish Bowl strip joint which wasn't limited solely to ripping.

I got to learn a little bit of the lingo but it is so far different from ozinglish that it is difficult to pronounce. The characters in their alphabet I found impossible to distinguish. can you speak/read thai? Kab-koon-krap.

I build decks, jackets and modules for the offshore oil & gas industry.

I can speak the language fairly fluently but I still struggle with the reading even after 22 yrs. There's 56 consonants and 28 vowels and to top it off they put the vowels in front of the consonant that precedes it when you speak! I don't have the need to read and write Thai because I'm working for an international company and all the contracts and specs are in English, so I don't have the motivation.

You planning another trip over here? - most people get addicted after one visit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:43 am 

It is quite expensive but Phuket.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:46 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
It is quite expensive but Phuket.

Took me a while - it's pronounced Pooket not Fuket :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:49 am 

:doh: