Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Woy for England
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:18 pm 

He's pretty much damned either way. The press wanted their pal Redknapp and they like managers to be calculating, like Mourinho, matey like Redknapp or snarling like Ferguson. There's no room for a reserved and respectful Hodgson. I don't think the time for rocking the boat is a couple of months before a tournament, best idea is to take those in form rather than trying to bed in the youth. This doesn't mean taking Terry and Ferdinand though fuck that.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:37 am 

Believe the Sun were showing their class again today, Don't buy it but something along the lines of making fun of his speech impediment, don't see how that is not like plaine bullying.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Believe the Sun were showing their class again today, Don't buy it but something along the lines of making fun of his speech impediment, don't see how that is not like plaine bullying.

How dare they make fun of woy and way he speaks.. :naughty:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:53 am 

Squidge was bitching about it on FB.
Shame on you Timps tbf :naughty:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:39 am 

:D

if the worst he has to put up with in the next 4 years is me taking the piss, he can count himself lucky

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 am 

Good appointment for England I reckon, if Catflap had been given the job everyone would start raving about how we're going to win the Euro's and the players would choke again. Going in with a mediocre team and a mediocre manager might give us a half decent chance of doing well for once.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:16 pm 

Perfect example of England fans lack of football knowledge/unrealistic expectations;

In the canteen this morning watching news24 a lad piped up saying "Who's this bloke? Only had one decent job at Liverpool, fucked that up now he's England manager. Fuck me that's us out in the quarter finals then"

I rolleyes-ed tbf.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm 

Winston_Smith wrote:
Perfect example of England fans lack of football knowledge/unrealistic expectations;

In the canteen this morning watching news24 a lad piped up saying "Who's this bloke? Only had one decent job at Liverpool, fucked that up now he's England manager. Fuck me that's us out in the quarter finals then"

I rolleyes-ed tbf.

idiots

i think roy will do a decent job, given half a chance. Which is about a half more than he's actually going to be given by the redknapp brigade

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:26 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:

I rolleyes-ed tbf.

idiots

i think roy will do a decent job, given half a chance. Which is about a half more than he's actually going to be given by the redknapp brigade

I was a little underwhelmed at first, but on reflection, i think he can do alright..
sven was on fleas and grey on talksport before, and he had no doubts..
But he did say that if was offered he'd love to do it again.. :doh:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 pm 

roy's record is pretty good, apart from liverpool. but then look how well they are doing under kenny... the scousers are just shit these days.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:01 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:

How dare they make fun of woy and way he speaks.. :naughty:

I, for one, think it's horrible and nothing to joke about. Should be ashamed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 am 

oh dear....

http://www.football365.com/news/14460/7 ... the-future

Once again, England failed to progress beyond the quarter-final stage of a major tournament.

Whilst their last eight conquerors Italy and defending champions Spain prepare to do battle in the Euro 2012 final in Kiev on Sunday night, Hodgson is left to pick from the debris the positive aspects of his team's performances.

Although the majority of questioning has surrounded an obvious lack of technique given England had a minority of possession in every game, Hodgson does not view the situation in quite such bleak terms.

"We have to maintain that degree of pragmatism that we have always had in English football," he said.

"We also have to retain that fighting spirit and doggedness.

"We mustn't start throwing those qualities overboard just so you can come off the field and have someone say you've had more shots at goal.

"I don't want to emulate nations, no. I want England to be England.

"You can't say we are going to play like Spain because apart from anything, the Spanish grew up in different climatic conditions to us and have always had very different qualities.

"And let's not forget that for years and years Spain went to every major tournament and never achieved anything."

Hodgson's immediate aim is to reach the next World Cup in Brazil.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
oh dear....

http://www.football365.com/news/14460/7 ... the-future

Once again, England failed to progress beyond the quarter-final stage of a major tournament.

Whilst their last eight conquerors Italy and defending champions Spain prepare to do battle in the Euro 2012 final in Kiev on Sunday night, Hodgson is left to pick from the debris the positive aspects of his team's performances.

Although the majority of questioning has surrounded an obvious lack of technique given England had a minority of possession in every game, Hodgson does not view the situation in quite such bleak terms.

"We have to maintain that degree of pragmatism that we have always had in English football," he said.

"We also have to retain that fighting spirit and doggedness.

"We mustn't start throwing those qualities overboard just so you can come off the field and have someone say you've had more shots at goal.

"I don't want to emulate nations, no. I want England to be England.

"You can't say we are going to play like Spain because apart from anything, the Spanish grew up in different climatic conditions to us and have always had very different qualities.

"And let's not forget that for years and years Spain went to every major tournament and never achieved anything."

Hodgson's immediate aim is to reach the next World Cup in Brazil.

He's been serious isn't he..well done Roy.. :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:28 pm 

what?

just what?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:44 pm 

Frank Blue wrote:

Yeah, and then they decided to do something about it by completely overhauling their youth system, which is why in 2010, they had 24,000 UEFA qualified coaches and England had less than 3,000. We respond to failure by blaming the manager and getting a new one in, then repeating the process in 4 years when he inevitably fails too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:00 pm 

yep, it's the coaching from 5 years old and up that's the problem in this country.