Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: England's future?
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:53 pm 

Winston_Smith wrote:
It's a camp wiggly dance thing isn't it?
Bale's takes some beating for gayness tbf

Urgh it's disgusting, it's the open-mouthed, serious expression on his face while he does it I can't stand. It how I imagine* the podium dancers at gay London hotspot Heaven dance.

*know

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm 

New England kits a bit shit isn't it.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:45 pm 

Jack Rodwell called up to the England squad for shite friendlies.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:09 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

looks a bit german..

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:15 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:

looks a bit german..

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:32 am 

That kids got child bearing hips

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:55 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
That kids got child bearing hips

All he needs is impregnating . :gay-color:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm 

He thinks we can win the world cup in Brazil.

I'll be surprised if he stays fit enough to be picked.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:08 pm 

Come on Ireland - lets beat the bastards..

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:15 pm 

Yyyyyeeeeerrsss....get in
Lets rip up Wembley now

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:17 pm 

Cracking header from long :clap: :clap: :clap: . We'll do well to stay in front I'd say!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:21 pm 

mick fuckers...and my dad, the cunt.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:23 pm 

Bollox to that for defending! :( :(

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm 

Fat cunt lumpard...
:mad:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:30 am 

fucking micks, how can you not beat that bunch of shite in white?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:13 am 

I thought we did 1-1 victory :whistle:

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 am 

Roy Hodgson's England are in the 'dark ages', says Gary Lineker• 'Brazil will thrash us if we line up the same way'
• Sturridge injury against Ireland a 'major blow', admits Hodgson
Share 74
inShare.0Email Dominic Fifield at Wembley
The Guardian, Thursday 30 May 2013
Link to video: England and Republic of Ireland react to 1-1 draw England travelled to Rio de Janeiro on Wednesday night with their squad severely depleted by injury and the performance in the insipid 1-1 draw against the Republic of Ireland having drawn stinging criticism from a former national striker, Gary Lineker.

The England team's second top goalscorer ever, now a TV pundit, suggested it was a tactically regressive display from Roy Hodgson's side, describing it as "a step back to the dark ages of two lines of four".

"Don't like England playing this system," he wrote on Twitter. "So easy to play against. Brazil will thrash us if we line up the same way. Predictable and dated. It's not about playing in straight lines, it's about playing between the lines. Depth gives flexibility, passing alternatives, creativity."

Hodgson disputed that he had resorted to a rather rigid 4-4-2 formation, suggesting his side's approach had actually been similar to that of Borussia Dortmund in last Saturday's eye-catching Champions League final. Yet it seems inconceivable that the England manager will be able to tweak his team and tactics ahead of Sunday's game at the Maracanã given that he has been left with only 16 outfield players in the squad after losing Daniel Sturridge to an ankle injury. Another forward, Manchester United's Danny Welbeck, is a major doubt for the game with a knee complaint.

Sturridge, who set up Frank Lampard's equalising goal on his first start for his country to cancel out Shane Long's opener, was hurt in a challenge by Glenn Whelan and having fallen to the ground on the touchline, had to be carried to the dressing room on a stretcher.

He underwent scans on his right ankle and later departed the stadium on crutches and with the foot in a protective boot. England's medical staff are confident there was no fracture to the ankle, but ligament damage will rule him out for the next few weeks.

"He's not going to Brazil and it's a major blow for him, and for us," said Hodgson, who has seen three of his original party withdraw through injury. "Daniel had started the game so well and given the way we played in the second half, having Sturridge in top form on the pitch we might have created even more. I don't want to say it's a serious injury, but it'll keep him out for a period of time.

"I don't think anything's broken, but the doctor and the orthopaedic surgeon will have to contact Liverpool. We think it's ligaments."

Jermain Defoe replaced the Liverpool forward but Hodgson admitted that even he was "not 100% fit" after missing the last part of the season with a pelvic problem, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will need to be assessed after leaving the pitch four minutes from time with a minor calf problem. Welbeck, meanwhile, was not even able to feature on the substitutes' bench.

"He went out for a run yesterday, did an hour's work in the gym and a 20-minute run," said Hodgson. "The swelling in his knee has gone down, but it's a question of whether we've got enough time between tomorrow and Sunday whether he plays. It'll be touch and go, but he's not ruled out.

"I've only got about 15 or 16 players … The only players who didn't get on the field were Joleon Lescott and Jack Rodwell, who I'd brought into the squad for experience. Jack's been out injured for most of the season, and only just came back for Manchester City. So it looks pretty much as if the 15 players who saw us through this game are going to have to see us through the next game as well."

Hodgson, whose squad flew out to Brazil from Luton overnight, still claimed to have spotted plenty of positives from a disjointed display, and gave criticism of his side's system short shrift. "People talk about 4-4-2 but was [Wayne] Rooney a midfield player, one who plays behind the front player, an out-and-out front player?" he asked. "There's been far too much discussion about systems. I was asked to do programme notes for Uefa about the systems Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund had brought to European football, but Borussia played 4-4-2 in the same way we played 4-4-2. The important thing is to have players who can attack and defend. Our front players worked hard, tracked back and did a job. The Irish did, too."

The Ireland coach, Giovanni Trapattoni, was glowing in his praise of the team's display, Long's early goal ensuring England have not beaten the side ranked 39 in the world for 28 years. "I have a group with three or four young players, and they need experience," said the Italian. "They can only gain that experience against great teams, like England, against whom they can grow. I'm happy with what I saw from James McCarthy, Seamus Coleman, Shane Long, who was the best player on the pitch. This was a coming of age for some of my players."

It was also a landmark for the England captain for the night, Ashley Cole, who received a commemorative golden cap from Hodgson prior to kick-off to celebrate a century of appearances for his country. "I never expected to get 100 caps and have the reception I did," said the Chelsea defender. "I'd like to thank the fans, I didn't expect that. It's something I'll never forget. I've lived a little boy's dream today."

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:40 pm 

Lol. England. I remember when people cared. England fans that is. Hey Woy, can you hear me all the way back there in 1992?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:17 pm 

Brazil v England has been 'suspended' for now, by a court, as the Maracanã is deemed not safe for hosting events.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:48 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Brazil v England has been 'suspended' for now, by a court, as the Maracanã is deemed not safe for hosting events.

stupid new stadium...poxy 70K..should have kept the old one 200 000 ...

Brazil suck donkey cock anyway...my pal had a brazil shirt on awhile back, and i give him loads..your english mate..

Or though i am toying with the idea of a German shirt with rammstien on the back... :approve:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next