Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm 

Sky Sports News reckon the Blatter racism issue isn't even being reported in other European countries.

I know Blatter is corrupt and all but isn't the real issue the fact that countries are willing to prop this guy up? Make FIFA a not for profit organisation, with an open transparent election process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:23 pm 

Tresidentevil wrote:
Sky Sports News reckon the Blatter racism issue isn't even being reported in other European countries.

I know Blatter is corrupt and all but isn't the real issue the fact that countries are willing to prop this guy up? Make FIFA a not for profit organisation, with an open transparent election process.

Then Sky sports have no idea what they're talking about. It's one of the main sports headlines in Israel, Austria and Slovakia (i've read only these three...probably mentioned everywhere else in Europe as well).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 pm 

More fool me for believing Sky Sports I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:39 pm 

Sepp Blatter: Michel Platini is ready to replace me as Fifa president• Blatter says Platini 'will be a good president'
• Fifa head denies accusations of malpractice

Tweet this

reddit this Press Association guardian.co.uk, Monday 23 January 2012 15.15 GMT Article history About this articleClose Sepp Blatter: Michel Platini is ready to replace me as Fifa president
This article was published on guardian.co.uk at 15.15 GMT on Monday 23 January 2012. It was last modified at 15.29 GMT on Monday 23 January 2012.
The Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, has again insisted that he is guilty of no malpractice. Photograph: Alexander Demianchuk/Reuters
Sepp Blatter has claimed Michel Platini is "ready" to succeed him as the head of Fifa – and that the Frenchman will make a good president of the game's world governing body.

Platini, the Uefa president, has so far refused to confirm whether he will stand when Blatter steps down in 2015, but the current Fifa supremo is convinced that he wants the job.

"Michel Platini is ready. If he wishes. He says 'I do not know'… but deep down, he wants it," Blatter said in an interview with France Football. "He will be a good president of course. He will not be the same president as me, because everyone is different, but he will be good president."

Meanwhile, Blatter poured scorn on the disgraced ex-Fifa vice-president Jack Warner's threat of a "tsunami" of revelations of malpractice involving Blatter at Fifa. Warner claimed he was given World Cup TV rights for one US dollar in return for supporting Blatter's presidential hopes in 1998 and 2002.

Blatter confirmed that Warner had been given the TV rights from 1986 to 1998 for a dollar – but blamed the late Mexican Fifa vice-president Guillermo Canedo, a TV tycoon, and said it was nothing to do with him.

"From 1986 and until 1998 he was awarded the television rights for one dollar by Mr Canedo," said Blatter. "Why? Because Mr Canedo wanted to keep the vice-presidency of Fifa and Mr Warner had a majority in Concacaf."

He added in a separate interview in the German magazine Kicker: "There is no tsunami. Jack Warner is claiming I assigned him the TV rights for Trinidad for one dollar when I was first elected in 1998.

"That's not true. We had no influence on the assignment of these rights. He acquired them in 1986 from OTI [Organización de Telecomunicaciones Iberoamericanas]. But I do know what I've done wrong! I've taken Fifa out of the red, which was the situation when I became president in 1998, and into the black."

great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Blatter confirmed that Warner had been given the TV rights from 1986 to 1998 for a dollar – but blamed the late Mexican Fifa vice-president Guillermo Canedo, a TV tycoon, and said it was nothing to do with him.

Stay classy Sepp:rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am 

Sepp Blatter should quit Fifa presidency, says Lennart Johansson

Former Fifa vice-president Lennart Johansson has called for the current president Sepp Blatter to step down.

Johansson lost the 1998 presidential election to Blatter, who has stayed in power since and was unopposed in securing a fourth term last year .

"It cannot be that only one man should be dictating and taking all the decisions about world football," Johansson told BBC World Service.

"There is not much more to do than to get rid of the man in question."

The Swede added that former France captain Michel Platini, who succeeded him as head of Uefa in 2007, would be an ideal replacement for Blatter at the Fifa helm.

"He is to me closer to what I was looking for," Johansson explained. "He has tried to be fair, he's open-minded, he allows discussions and he obeys decisions made by the majority".

Asked for his opinion of 75-year-old Blatter, Johansson, who was Uefa president from 1990 until 2007, said: "I don't love him, [B]we don't do Christmas together but I respect his knowledge.[/B]

"I just don't like his dictatorship. Some will respect him but the majority will say he's not good. It is not very easy to admire or respect him."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:58 pm 

[SIZE="3"]Fifa warns Argentine FA over planned Belgrano name change[/SIZE]

The Argentina FA has been warned by Fifa that plans to rename their domestic league may breach rules on political involvement in football.

They plan to rename their top flight the Crucero General Belgrano First Division, after the cruiser which sunk during the Falklands War.

Fifa has now written to the Argentina FA for clarification.

"A potential change of name could be sanctioned in accordance with the Fifa Statutes," said a statement.

"Fifa has requested the AFA to provide further information on this matter and reminded the AFA of Article 3 of the Fifa Statutes which prohibits any kind of discrimination against a country, private person or group of people on account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion, politics or any other reason."

The General Belgrano was sunk by a Royal Navy submarine with the loss of 323 Argentine lives in 1982.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:23 pm 

Can we get rid of the two Sheffield clubs as well please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:24 pm 

Cloudy O'Rabia wrote:
Can we get rid of the two Sheffield clubs too please?

:D

Thought we already had? What div are they in these days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:48 pm 

That neck of the woods don't do too well for footie these days do they? lol.

Post subject: Re: Fifa
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:03 am 

England up to Third in the latest fifa rankings

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:57 pm 

No wonder England never gets to host the World Cup: FIFA President Sepp Blatter once described the English game as being "run by idiots," according to Sebastian Coe.

Coe, who headed the London Olympics, worked with Blatter as chairman of FIFA's ethics committee before taking a role with England's failed bid to host the 2018 World Cup.

Russia won the hosting rights after England's bid attracted only two votes following Blatter voicing concerns about English media intrusion into the FIFA executive committee.

In his new autobiography, Coe claims that Blatter has "always had a problem" with English football.

"From his perspective, it's not hard to understand," Coe writes in an extract published by The Times of London newspaper. "As president of an international federation, he sees the unwillingness of English clubs to release players for international duty. He sees the purchasing power of the English game - big-name clubs buying up players from all over the world

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm 

Fifa Pro world eleven shortlist

Full midfield shortlist for the FIFPro World XI 2012:

Xabi Alonso (Spain/Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Spain/Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Spain/Barcelona), Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool), Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea), Andres Iniesta (Spain/Barcelona), Frank Lampard (England/Chelsea), Luka Modric (Croatia/Real Madrid), Mesut Ozil (Germany/Real Madrid), Andrea Pirlo (Italy/Juventus), Franck Ribery (France/Bayern Munich), David Silva (Spain/Manchester City), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany/Bayern Munich), Yaya Toure (Ivory Coast/Manchester City), Xavi (Spain/Barcelona)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:19 am 

England 15th in the latest Fifa Rankings, bit more like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:17 am 

Was it not only a year ago you were like 6th, or summink silly?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:19 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:

We were 3rd at one point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:28 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

We were 3rd at one point.

Geeezuss, I thought it was, and then I thought 'Noooooooooo, cannot be third Dan, go with like....6th.'.

3rd, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:33 am 

brazil were 22nd or something.

which is almost as ludicrous as us being 3rd. almost.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:56 am 

FIFA open disciplinary proceedings against FA and Polish FA after flares were used inside Wembley.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 am 

Conspiracy theory no. 2987

That means they will deduct 3 points from each team and we won't go to Brazil

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next