Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

will we get it
there is a reasonable chance of us getting it tomorrow 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
not likely, the adverse publicity has done for our chances 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
no chance, it's Russia's all the way 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
i'm not bothered 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Bastard should make the polls for the next month and take orders via PM 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:23 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
If rising water levels flood the earth and I'm paddling along in a boat and I see you desperately clinging to a door frantically trying to stay afloat I'd seriously consider not letting you in. Unless you had drugs.

I thought you were an atheist, that sounds a bit like Noah's Ark.
This is a good read if you are interested in sea levels http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/11/28/freaking-out-about-nyc-sea-level-rise-is-easy-to-do-when-you-dont-pay-attention-to-history/
2.77mm a year atm, I shan't be getting my waders out for a while;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:47 pm 

fuck. i bought this bastard house specifically because it is about 20 metres up a bastard hill and wanted a beachfront property.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 am 

Asian football chief Mohamed Bin Hammam has ruled out moving the 2022 World Cup in Qatar from summer to winter or sharing matches around the Gulf region.

Fifa has said a request from the Qatar Football Association is needed for date changes to be discussed, which Bin Hammam has insisted will not happen.

He also dismissed any chance of a "Gulf World Cup", as suggested by the Uefa president Michel Platini this week.

"We're not interested. Qatar can stand alone and organise by itself," he said.

"We are very happy and we are promising the world that we are going to organise an amazing World Cup in June and July," the Asian Football Confederation president, who is from Qatar, added.

Frenchman Platini - who is on the Fifa committee - said the 2022 World Cup should be shared around other Gulf countries because of Qatar's relatively small size, while Fifa president Sepp Blatter has expressed a desire to switch it to winter because of summer temperatures that can hit 50C.

But Bin Hammam, who has been tipped as a successor to Blatter, said both were wrong to suggest potential changes so openly.

"I'm really not very impressed by these opinions to distribute the game over the Gulf or change the time from July to January," he said.

"It's actually premature. It's people's opinions and they're just discussing it on no basis or no ground.

"It's not up to one, two or three members of Fifa to talk about changing the time without getting the real stakeholders' opinions.

"I know that football in Europe has quite a history, it is quite a business involving a lot of financial, media, marketing - a lot of things.

"It is unfair to these people that we talk about changing the calendar or the time without their full consultation and their full approval and their full agreement - I'm actually not happy to see that happening without the real stakeholders' part of this discussion."

On Thursday, Iran's coach, Afshin Ghotbi, said it would be better to re-open the contest than to allow other Gulf nations to co-host with Qatar.

"I think if they are now talking about sharing it with other countries, I think it is very unfair to the United States, to Australia, all the other countries that were bidding at the same time," he suggested.

"My feeling is if they want to take a decision on that then they should go back to the bidding countries and ask them to bid again.

"Qatar has shown it can host it, so it should be here and it should be in the winter time - that is a logical change, but it is not fair to talk about changing the venues at this stage."

Qatar has insisted that its small size will be an advantage as it will enable visiting fans to easily travel between games.

Fifa awarded the finals to the Gulf country last month ahead of rival bidders Australia, South Korea, Japan and the United States.

Meanwhile, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) has approached Fifa to ensure that match dates for the 2022 Cup do not clash with that year's Winter Olympics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 am 

In other news, Platini is to take his summer holidays on his new island in the Arabian Peninsula. Michael has recently taken up yachting and his new 45m launch will share the same paint work as his also recently acquired Embraer jet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am 

i woudl suggest that europe should sooooo fucking boycott this world cup, but that woudl be exactly what platini wants so that he can become the next fifa big knob and then really start to screw us over

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 am 

Timpblue wrote:
i woudl suggest that europe should sooooo fucking boycott this world cup, but that woudl be exactly what platini wants so that he can become the next fifa big knob and then really start to screw us over

It's exactly what should be done but won't happen because players want to play and supporters want to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 am 

Timpblue wrote:

There are far worse FIFA folk than Platini.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:47 am 

DarloBlue wrote:
There are far worse FIFA folk than Platini.

*shivers*

stop it. you're scaring me

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:07 am 

Timpblue wrote:
*shivers*

stop it. you're scaring me

Just imagine Warner in charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 am 

you bastard darlo, i need mind bleach now

Quote:
I'm actually not happy to see that happening without the real stakeholders' part of this discussion.

this illustrates exactly what they think of football. their cash cow, and fuck the fans. hence a world cup in qatar, with fuck all history for football, fuck all provisions for games and fuck all attention paid to sense.

c nts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:43 pm 

Timpblue wrote:

Lol why?

I love people who have seriously suggested that England should withdraw from FIFA. If we did that, we'd also have to draw from UEFA. No Champions Leage or Europa League for English clubs then. Serious loss of revenue in English football and no decent player wanting to play here. What a grand idea that would be.

I do realise you said the whole of Europe should boycott it, so presumably that would mean they'd set up their own independant competitions. I was just making a different point.

I also love the arrogance of people who think a winter World Cup is a terrible idea because it would mess with our season. I don't want it either, I just like a summer World Cup, but it's not really a good basis for an argument.

It's our own fault we didn't win the 2018 bid anyway. We should've been more corrupt :8ball:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:20 pm 

I will be retiring from international football after the 2018 World Cup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 pm 

Old Ed wrote:
I will be retiring from international football after the 2018 World Cup.

No

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 pm 

Squidge wrote:
I also love the arrogance of people who think a winter World Cup is a terrible idea because it would mess with our season. I don't want it either, I just like a summer World Cup, but it's not really a good basis for an argument.

It's not just our season it'd mess with. It's more the arrogance displayed by FIFA in basically saying "we're going to do what we fucking want and everyone else can pick up the pieces". If the country you're considering hosting the world cup in is so fucking hot in the summer that there is a real risk of players and fans dying of dehydration then perhaps don't host the world cup there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:04 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
It's not just our season it'd mess with. It's more the arrogance displayed by FIFA in basically saying "we're going to do what we fucking want and everyone else can pick up the pieces". If the country you're considering hosting the world cup in is so fucking hot in the summer that there is a real risk of players and fans dying of dehydration then perhaps don't host the world cup there?

But then they wouldn't have got loads of oil money bribes (allegedly), duh:rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:10 pm 

But FIFA are a clean and transparent organisation! Seppity Sepp even said so himself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:12 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
But FIFA are a clean and transparent organisation! Seppity Sepp even said so himself!

Whenever I see Sepp he strikes me as Silvio's evil brother. He's kind of like him but without the charm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:18 pm 

Requesting that someone throws a miniature die-cast model of one of the Qatar stadiums in Sepp's face

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:35 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

Corruption and fifa being a pack of c##ts aside, this World Cup isn't happening until 2022. Plenty of time to iron all this out. If I'm not mistaken, no matter what time the World Cup is held... it's going to inconvenience some leagues somewhere. It usually suits Europe's schedule... this one wont.

When Australia was bidding, some Sydney residence were up in arms about the potential inconvenience of it all. For 4 weeks in 10 years time they MAY have had to endure a bit more traffic than usual... :rolleyes: ffs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:54 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:

...or don't host it in the summer?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next