Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

will we get it
there is a reasonable chance of us getting it tomorrow 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
not likely, the adverse publicity has done for our chances 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
no chance, it's Russia's all the way 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
i'm not bothered 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Bastard should make the polls for the next month and take orders via PM 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:01 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Except for the fact he's on the FIFA voting committee...

1 of 22. I hate him as much as the next but it's a bit much to pin all of this on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 pm 

"Just pump all the money into grass roots footie/academys like spain did, and use their blue print to develop the next gen, and beat them on the pitch."

What Kimbo said. (Apart from the spelling and grammar.) Take the game back off the bastards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 am 

The totally fucking laughable thing is that our bid detailed how we would put more money into funding grassroots football around the world than the entirety of fucking FIFA. They don't give the slightest fucking shit about the actual merit of the bids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:21 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:09 am 

By all accounts only 3 of the 22 requested the technical bid documents.

Both decisions for 2018 and 2022 had fuck all to do with the merits of the bids, it was pure politics....or corruption depending on how you view it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 am 

ESM wrote:
By all accounts only 3 of the 22 requested the technical bid documents.

Both decisions for 2018 and 2022 had fuck all to do with the merits of the bids, it was pure politics....or corruption depending on how you view it.

It really is unbelievable. If they set criteria to be met for a bid to be successful and you meet that criteria the best then you should win, end of. If the decision is to be made is on other criteria, ie spreading the world cup to countries to help them to develop, then fucking say so and save everybody else the time and money in making a bid they clearly were never going to win.

However I think this is bollocks, it is clearly whover lines the FIFA delegates' pockets most that is the criteria. Bent bastards.:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:27 am 

Our Tommy wrote:
It really is unbelievable. If they set criteria to be met for a bid to be successful and you meet that criteria the best then you should win, end of. If the decision is to be made is on other criteria, ie spreading the world cup to countries to help them to develop, then fucking say so and save everybody else the time and money in making a bid they clearly were never going to win.

However I think this is bollocks, it is clearly whover lines the FIFA delegates' pockets most that is the criteria. Bent bastards.:mad:

Looks like this could easily see the FA go bust too............so silver linings and all that. :approve:

Our league is probably the only league in the world that is strong enough commercially for the FA to quit FIFA. That would shit them up. :approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:31 am 

ESM wrote:
Looks like this could easily see the FA go bust too............so silver linings and all that. :approve:

Our league is probably the only league in tnhe world that is strong enought commercially for the FA to quit FIFA. That would shit them up. :approve:

Would be good but unfortunately we know it won't happen.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:38 am 

Dear mr Blatter,

I have recently been appointed leader the joint bid committee for the 2026 world cup in Andorra and San Marino.
We don't actually have any teams but we do have 3 pitches seating a total of 1276 people. We don't have any airports or train stations and not really many kids to leave a legacy to.
What we do have, however, is a lot of tax breaks and rich people who are quite prepared to see that anyone who votes for our bid will be ok for a few ski holidays and cheap drink, if you know what I mean.
Our bid book will be delivered in a plain brown envelope and can be in a variety of currencies.
Love
the Bishop of Seu D'urgel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:44 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Dear mr Blatter,

I have recently been appointed leader the joint bid committee for the 2026 world cup in Andorra and San Marino.
We don't actually have any teams but we do have 3 pitches seating a total of 1276 people. We don't have any airports or train stations and not really many kids to leave a legacy to.
What we do have, however, is a lot of tax breaks and rich people who are quite prepared to see that anyone who votes for our bid will be ok for a few ski holidays and cheap drink, if you know what I mean.
Our bid book will be delivered in a plain brown envelope and can be in a variety of currencies.
Love
the Bishop of Seu D'urgel

You do realise that if you send that you will get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 pm 

it's 106 degrees in doha in the day time in summer, 86 in the shade

the stadiums that are being built will hold more people than actually live in the fucking country

there's no beer, being found drunk leads to deportation or jail, no questions

the only press that is more restricted than there can be found in africa or russia

losing to russia doesn't piss me off that much, but qatar beating australia? that's a fucking sick joke

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm 

Timpblue wrote:

the stadiums that are being built will hold more people than actually live in the fucking country

the only press that is more restricted than there can be found in africa or russia

losing to russia doesn't piss me off that much, but qatar beating australia? that's a fucking sick joke

If you getting caught bumming you get the lash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:53 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
If you getting caught bumming you get the lash.

Well that should be too much of a problem surely.

No ones caught me yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:37 pm 

Timpblue wrote:

Australia were going to withdraw their bid, only for Blatter to convince them that they had a chance, and to get them to pump more money into their bid/FIFA.

FIFA are rotten to the core.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm 

Eezy wrote:
Australia were going to withdraw their bid, only for Blatter to convince them that they had a chance, and to get them to pump more money into in/FIFA.

FIFA are rotten to the core.

£5m more by all accounts. A lot of money for a countries FA where footy isn't exactly 'big business'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:42 pm 

Timpblue wrote:

They will need 14 world class stadia in a country the size of Greater Manchester. It's a fucking joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:07 pm 

Qatar. A country with a permanent population smaller than the city of Bristol and a geographical area smaller than the Falkland Islands. The rest of the population is made up of modern day slaves and you can be sure they'll be shipping in a lot more from Dubai to build those fancy new stadiums. I know the stadiums are very pretty but they're also a colossal waste of money because they'll all be empty/knocked down after the World Cup. The heat is also something like 45/50 C in July there so they're literally planning to air condition air, which makes the environmentalist inside me die a little bit.

I'm sure the fans will love the fact that they can't buy alcohol anywhere and they aren't allowed to kiss their partners (who will have to be modestly dressed with covered shoulders, of course) or, if they're gay, have the possibility of being thrown into prison for 5 years. Along with the fact that it'll be searingly hot, along with the fact that the native population is tiny, along with the fact that it is miles from anywhere, along with the fact that by FIFA's own admission the internal travel network and infrastructure is terrible will all combine to make people not bother going. The best World Cups are those held in countries where football has a huge national following i.e. Europe and South America. It makes no sense from any of FIFA's bullshit 'developing football' schemes either seeing as the Qatari league is literally made up of 37 year old league 1 journeymen.

I'm a bit miffed England didn't get it but if they'd have at least chosen countries with decent bids like Spain/Portugal and Australia or Netherlands/Belgium and even the bloody USA I'd have been able to complain less but they have literally chosen the two countries that their own investigation teams marked down as the highest risk candidates in a number of categories.

The whole process of bidding seems like an unnecessary charade of a popularity contest when everyone who wanted it might as well have just written down their wish to host the thing with their chosen stadiums on a piece of a4 paper, signed it with hugs and kisses and mailed it off to the fuckers and let them have done the work instead of dragging confused looking celebrities and politicians to suck Blatter's liver spotted old knob for a few days when it was all decided by the size of the back room bungs. No fucking wonder Putin didn't turn up, he knew they had it in the bag.

Also of note is that the Qatari bid literally had to have a caveat explaining that yes, they would in fact allow Israel to compete in the competition and they would recognise Israeli passports to allow their fans to go, not that they would want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:10 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
which makes the environmentalist inside me die a little bit.

Sold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:18 pm 

EalingBlue wrote:
Sold.

If rising water levels flood the earth and I'm paddling along in a boat and I see you desperately clinging to a door frantically trying to stay afloat I'd seriously consider not letting you in. Unless you had drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:20 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Qatar. A country with a permanent population smaller than the city of Bristol and a geographical area smaller than the Falkland Islands. The rest of the population is made up of modern day slaves and you can be sure they'll be shipping in a lot more from Dubai to build those fancy new stadiums. I know the stadiums are very pretty but they're also a colossal waste of money because they'll all be empty/knocked down after the World Cup. The heat is also something like 45/50 C in July there so they're literally planning to air condition air, which makes the environmentalist inside me die a little bit.

I'm sure the fans will love the fact that they can't buy alcohol anywhere and they aren't allowed to kiss their partners (who will have to be modestly dressed with covered shoulders, of course) or, if they're gay, have the possibility of being thrown into prison for 5 years. Along with the fact that it'll be searingly hot, along with the fact that the native population is tiny, along with the fact that it is miles from anywhere, along with the fact that by FIFA's own admission the internal travel network and infrastructure is terrible will all combine to make people not bother going. The best World Cups are those held in countries where football has a huge national following i.e. Europe and South America. It makes no sense from any of FIFA's bullshit 'developing football' schemes either seeing as the Qatari league is literally made up of 37 year old league 1 journeymen.

I'm a bit miffed England didn't get it but if they'd have at least chosen countries with decent bids like Spain/Portugal and Australia or Netherlands/Belgium and even the bloody USA I'd have been able to complain less but they have literally chosen the two countries that their own investigation teams marked down as the highest risk candidates in a number of categories.

The whole process of bidding seems like an unnecessary charade of a popularity contest when everyone who wanted it might as well have just written down their wish to host the thing with their chosen stadiums on a piece of a4 paper, signed it with hugs and kisses and mailed it off to the fuckers and let them have done the work instead of dragging confused looking celebrities and politicians to suck Blatter's liver spotted old knob for a few days when it was all decided by the size of the back room bungs. No fucking wonder Putin didn't turn up, he knew they had it in the bag.

Also of note is that the Qatari bid literally had to have a caveat explaining that yes, they would in fact allow Israel to compete in the competition and they would recognise Israeli passports to allow their fans to go, not that they would want to.

Or even if they'd have given one of the tournaments to a country that wasn't dubious. If it had be Spain and Qatar or Russia and Australia you'd be a bit more accepting of it all.

They've got some big old hairy balls to be so blatantly bent. We should take our ball back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next