Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

will we get it
there is a reasonable chance of us getting it tomorrow 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
not likely, the adverse publicity has done for our chances 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
no chance, it's Russia's all the way 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
i'm not bothered 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Bastard should make the polls for the next month and take orders via PM 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 pm 

Squidge wrote:
...or don't host it in the summer?

Changing the tradition thats been going back however many years? Tbf I'm not totally against the idea on principle but it's just another example of how FIFA will happily piss all over their own guidelines and ignored their own teams report on how Qatar was a high risk in a number of categories because Sepp is so bloody minded that they just had to hold it there regardless of everything. He's pissed off about Brazil getting it in 2014 because they basically bribed the other South American confederations into not bidding for it ultimately meaning FIFA execs got no bungs out of it so Russia and Qatar were just revenge. Remember the continental rotation policy? That was brought in almost entirely to get South Africa the world cup as he had been trying to get it held there in 2006. They've now pretty much dropped that as a concept and are talking about giving it to India after Qatar which'd be three consecutive world cups held mostly in Asia. Also remember how they said they didn't want joint bids for any of the tournaments and said it counted against Spain/Portugal and Netherlands/Belgium? There's numerous quotes since from Blatter about how he hopes that some games will be hosted in other gulf nations in 2022.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm 

All thrilling stuff, but I am talking purely about the view that the world cup shouldn't be held in winter because it will mess with our season. I have heard that said and just find it arrogant.

The other stuff, I'm not overly bothered about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:21 pm 

Rargh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:31 pm 

A winter World Cup will not only mess with our fixtures but even those like Germany and Holland with a winter break will be messed about because FIA insist on no competetive matches for 8 weeks before the tournament. Also there are other things like the Winter Olympics to take into account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:32 pm 

Are you annoyed that I'm not bothered?

I don't mean to be dismissive of your points. They're good and I'm sure you're right about things, but it just doesn't bother me the way it bothers the rest of the world I'm afraid. Not because I'm not bothered really, more because I'm not informed enough about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:46 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Are you annoyed that I'm not bothered?

I don't mean to be dismissive of your points. They're good and I'm sure you're right about things, but it just doesn't bother me the way it bothers the rest of the world I'm afraid. Not because I'm not bothered really, more because I'm not informed enough about it.

It was a pretend rargh. I'm glad that you're not not bothered because you just don't care about it, although sometimes I wish I could be like that because it feels senseless sometimes to give a shit about stuff beyond my control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11