Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Seychelles
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 pm 

Time to adopt an overseas national team:
http://www.seychellesweekly.com/September%2019,%202010/sports2_football.html

ANDREW Charles ‘Andy’ Morrison is Seychelles’ new football national team coach. He was introduced to the media yesterday afternoon before officially putting pen on paper for a two-year contract.
Seychelles Football Federation (SFF) chairman Suketu Patel endorsed Morrison yesterday and said that he will work under the local body’s technical director Ulric Mathiot and the technical team. Morrison’s decision has come to put a stop to almost eight months of uncertainty about whether Seychelles would have a permanent foreign coach.

He succeeds Swedish Richard Holmlünd who resigned in December last year – four months into his two-year contract.

Morrison, 40, held his first news conference yesterday and unveiled how he will train his players to earn success.

“I’m not here to change everything. There’s a good set-up. The facilities are good and there’s a good pool of players. I now have to enhance their ability and inspire them to wanting to achieve something,” said Morrison, who has played at the highest level with teams like Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers in the English Premier League.
Remembered by Manchester City fans as one of their best-ever captains, Morrison will officially take up his duties in six weeks after flying back to his homeland – Scotland – together with Seychellois fiancée Laura Berlouis and their child yesterday.

He said he came here on holiday and went to see some matches and it happened that he met Mr Patel with whom he had talks which have resulted in him becoming the country’s national coach with the aim of making Seychelles a strong football nation.

Before accepting the Seychelles job, former professional central defender Morrison said he had been working with young players who have gone on to become professional players with Arsenal, Inter Milan and Chelsea.
-----------------------------------------------------
I missed this bit of news.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 pm 

I wonder if they know that's not Andy Morrison?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 pm 

I Heart Lung wrote:

i was just browsing wikipedia and looking what happened to Andy Morrison:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Morrison

and came across this bit:
On 16 September 2010, ANDREW Charles ‘Andy’ Morrison is Seychelles’ new football national team coach. He was introduced to the media yesterday afternoon before officially putting pen on paper for a two-year contract.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:54 pm 

I bet he feels like a dog with two dicks. Football manager of the Seychelles? That's got to be pretty much the best job in the world hasn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:57 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I bet he feels like a dog with two dicks. Football manager of the Seychelles? That's got to be pretty much the best job in the world hasn't it?

When I read that, I had to think does the Seychelles firstly qualify as a nation, secondly national team? LOL
but he was on holiday? nice job if you can get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:06 pm 

I Heart Lung wrote:

whilst browsing for an up-to-date photo I came across this:
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/sport/vics/news/8111502.FA_charge_Vics__assistant_boss/

Of course they got the right fella

Thought he was unable to play due to injury as well.