Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39
 Post subject: Re: England euro 2012.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:11 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I agree with most of Noel's PA assessment - Henderson? No fucking way. I differ in that you'd have to have Shriek in your team, he's England's best player. He didn't have a great tournament but you have to say a lot of that was down to the midfield behind him not being able to keep the ball.

I reckon England's best team at the moment, if everyone was fit (which I know wasn't an option open to Woy), and with one eye on the future would be;

-------------Hart
Micah--Lescott--Cahill--Cole
---Wiltshire------Barry
-----------Gerrard
Walcott/Ox-C---------Sturridge
------------Rooney

Shit yes I forgot about old granny shagger. Throw him in instead of Welbeck/Sturrige. Time will tell which to replace. But if he plays like he did for this tournament then don't even bother.
Also on Gerrard, he was the top performer for England at the Euro's, if he still can produce as well around the time of the WC then by all means but if not then he needs to be replaced.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:44 pm 

I know a few people aren't fans of Alan Shearer's punditry, but I really like him and find myself agreeing with most of what he says. Most recently;;

Quote:
"I don't attach any blame to Roy Hodgson," Shearer told BBC Sport. "But I don't go along with the idea England go home with their heads held high.

"It's no good sitting here saying we will win the World Cup in two years' time. The reality is we will not."

"The big thing people have spoken about is the togetherness and work ethic but if you just want 11 guys to go out and work hard, I can find you 11 men from Newcastle city centre who will work their socks off," he said.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:43 pm 

I agree with AS. We are crap and will be for the foreseeable future. Id say even the next Euro's could be a push too.

To be fair to Woy though, he didnt exactly have much planning time either.

Rooney was utter shite and needs dropping, he is just like John Barnes, great club footballer, but his first goal in 8 years in a tournament isnt the striker you see at club level!

We also lack flair and attacking players, Walcott is probably the best we have.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39