It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:31 am 

We beat the bastards!

Quote:
Irish Women’s U17 put four past England

25 May 2010

England 0- 4 Republic of Ireland

Noel King's Republic of Ireland women's U17 side continued their astonishing season with an impressive 4-0 victory over England in Birmingham this evening (Tuesday.)

Goals from Rianna Jarrett, Stacie Donnelly, Siobhan Killeen and Siobhan Gleeson ensured that the young ‘Girls in Green' maintain their impressive record this season following their unprecedented success in the UEFA Championship qualifiers. They edged out Sweden, Poland and Ukraine last month to advance to the UEFA Championship semi-final where they will meet Germany at UEFA Headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland on June 22.

Republic of Ireland manager, Noel King hailed his sides victory over England and maintains that the squad are on track in their preparations for the upcoming semi-final against Germany, " This is another great result for this team and women's football in Ireland in general. Results in these games are always secondary in terms of the performance on the pitch and what is more pleasing is that the overall performance was immense and they were fully deserving of the comprehensive 4-0 victory. While the England side are in transition and are preparing for their UEFA Championship qualifiers in November, our focus is on the immediate finals in Switzerland this June."

King added, "Confidence is absolutely brimming in the squad with their recent success and once Wexford striker, Rianna Jarrett scored with a fantastic strike after 25 minutes, the result was never in doubt. To keep a clean sheet against England at any level is always marvellous and to get a comprehensive win like this gives everyone a boost ahead of the finals next month."

"While the result is very pleasing, I am in no doubt that we are still capable of improving and developing into a team who are capable of winning a medal at the finals. We made a number of changes to the squad who did so well in last month's elite qualifying phase so there are still places up for grabs with a number of players pushing hard to get into the final squad. Make no mistake, it is a fantastic result but nobody is getting carried away as we still have a lot of work to do before the Germany game on June 22.

Republic of Ireland

England

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:42 am 

I thought that the title was a World Cup prediction!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:24 pm 

Wheyy! Your women are more man-like than ours!!

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:04 pm 

You know your National team is shit when your only success comes from a bunch of 16 year old girls.