Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:01 am 

Miggs wrote:
Yeah but let it go. No need to have a whinge after the fact. Nige apologised so it should be the end of it.

see above

I didnt see an apology, just admitted he was lucky, its a bit different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 am 

Barna Azul wrote:
I didnt see an appology, just admitted he was lucky, its a bit different.

I read somewhere in a broken interview he apologised. Unless it was mis-translated.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 am 

Miggs wrote:
why should he have a go? why cant he leave it on the pitch?

so someone comes in and two foots Nige this season and breaks his leg, he can just leave it on the pitch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 am 

Miggs wrote:

Cos it was fucking out of order. Should Mendes have left it on the football pitch when Thatcher nearly took his head off with his elbow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:07 am 

Miggs wrote:

Because it was one of the worst "challenges" you'll see all season.

And i doubt Alonso has called a press conference to announce to the world that Nige hurt him...you would imagine he was asked about it. Is he suppose to just say "it was nothing"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 am 

Maybe follow what aussie rules players do and not "dob" the guy in (i know it was clear to see). Gentlemans agreement in AFL that if you are hit illegally and the other guy has to face some form of dicipline then the "victim" doesnt say anything ie to the media or the Match review panel. Looking after your fellow footballing brethren is the main priority instead of squealing like a little girl after the fact

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:18 am 

Miggs wrote:
Maybe follow what aussie rules players do and not "dob" the guy in (i know it was clear to see). Gentlemans agreement in AFL that if you are hit illegally and the other guy has to face some form of dicipline then the "victim" doesnt say anything ie to the media or the Match review panel. Looking after your fellow footballing brethren is the main priority instead of squealing like a little girl after the fact

Completely different, you cant compare the two. First and foremost there is no review panel so anything said after is purely opinion.

Had I have been kicked like that in the chest I'd be pissed off too. Luckily for NDJ, I understand he can handle himself. Amsterdam is the epicentre for kickboxing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:22 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Completely different, you cant compare the two. First and foremost there is no review panel so anything said after is purely opinion.

Had I have been kicked like that in the chest I'd be pissed off too. Luckily for NDJ, I understand he can handle himself. Amsterdam is the epicentre for kickboxing.

ok

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:25 am 

maybe its just the soccer culture to have a whinge and act like a girl after getting a hit.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:30 am 

Miggs wrote:

Ironing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:31 am 

Poor WUMing Miggs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:32 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Ironing.

so youre saying nigel went out to specifically hurt alonso in the front kick ? i dont think anyone (99% of cases) go out to purposely hurt an opponent. Just a split second decision and they make the wrong choice.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:37 am 

nice the see the dutch losing with a bit of style and decorum

any takers that van persie will see red from webb this season after his little 'offering' in the press conference

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:39 am 

Squidge wrote:
Poor WUMing Miggs.

didnt even get a personal insult out of it. Thought i was close with SEC

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:43 am 

Miggs wrote:
so youre saying nigel went out to specifically hurt alonso in the front kick ? i dont think anyone (99% of cases) go out to purposely hurt an opponent. Just a split second decision and they make the wrong choice.

I think he deliberately made a reckless tackle in the knowledge it could end up hurting Alonso, yes. The Dutch had a game plan to rough up the Spanish from the outset, I reckon de Jong was one of a number of players who decided to get a yellow card for taking out a Spanish player. After he made the tackle he clearly shat himself when he realised he should be getting a straight red for what he did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 pm 

I have to agree with much that has been said. Started off pulling for the Dutch (there's been a Canadian/Dutch special relationship since WWII) but their play changed that. All this post-match vitriol is OTT too.

Liked the interview I read of Nigel. He admitted he was lucky and didn't dump on Webb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:11 pm 

Nigel De Jong wouldn't have set out to hurt Alonso, it was abit of skill from Alonso that caught De Jong out, by the time he was committed, pulling out could have resulted in something much more serious, it should have been a red but this talk of De Jong deliberately hurting Alonso is nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:30 pm 

JoeCity wrote:
Nigel De Jong wouldn't have set out to hurt Alonso, it was abit of skill from Alonso that caught De Jong out, by the time he was committed, pulling out could have resulted in something much more serious, it should have been a red but this talk of De Jong deliberately hurting Alonso is nonsense.

Yeah, yep gotcha. Joe what you just said, the sum of it amounts to the biggest pile of shit I have ever read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:35 pm 

I think our Orange friends have been a little harsh on Howard Webb. He could have sent at least 3 of them off as well as at least one Spaniard and totally ruined the match. But he generously kept them on until he had to send one off. I thought he did ok.
I am not happy that Blatter et al have not come out on his side and said the dutch players should keep their mouths shut. In the Premier League they would not have got away with those kinds of post match comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:28 am 

So...does anybody actually care?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2010/England/3053375/England-flops-in-8k-bender.html

ENGLAND flops Ashley Cole and Shaun Wright-Phillips blew £8,000 in a few hours boozing at a Los Angeles nightclub while gutted fans mourned missing out on World Cup success.

The footie pals - joined by former EastEnders star Michael Greco - were all smiles as they surrounded themselves with champagne and sexy girls during an all-day bender as Spain took on Holland for the trophy.

The England pair kicked off at lunchtime on Sunday and ended their session more than 12 HOURS later looking worse for wear.

A fellow Brit who partied with the pair estimated that Cole, 29, had polished off around 40 cigarettes during his bender.

One of the venues for the Los Angeles bar crawl was hotspot XIV - a top restaurant renowned for its wild Sunday sessions.
Cigarette

There alone they blew £8,000 on booze for their table in four hours. Their session also took in the exclusive SkyBar at their Mondrian hotel and nightclub Guys & Dolls.

The bill for the entire day would have easily topped five figures.

Their Brit party pal said: "You would think they had something to celebrate.

"And Ashley was rarely seen without a cigarette. He must have smoked at least 40.

"At one point he had two in his mouth, it was like he was taking the p***.

"They looked far too pleased with themselves.

"They dropped £8,000 in a few hours in XIV alone. That's about the amount England fans had struggled to save over the last four years to go to watch them in South Africa - and they spent it in a few hours without a second thought."

Cole and Wright-Phillips, 28, are on holiday as they put England's dismal performance in South Africa behind them.

They are hitting the bars of the city to help the Chelsea defender forget his love split from ex Cheryl, 27, who is recovering from malaria.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78  Next