This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Capello
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:41 pm 

If you fuck about, you're toast

Fabio Capello warns England squad over conduct

Capello is keen to build team spirit ahead of this summer's World Cup
England boss Fabio Capello has warned his players their off-field conduct will play a big part in whether they make this summer's World Cup squad.

Capello sacked John Terry as England captain over allegations of an affair with Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend.

Ashley Cole has also hit the headlines over his separation from wife Cheryl.

And Capello said: "The players have to understand what I want, if you want to stay with me. It will be very important because we need to create a group."

The Italian will stress the importance of team spirit and personal discipline when he talks to his players ahead of England's friendly with Egypt on 3 March.

With Cole sidelined by an ankle injury, Terry and Bridge are expected to be named in the squad to face the African champions when it is announced at the weekend and Capello believes there will be no negative effect on his preparations for the World Cup finals in South Africa.

606: DEBATE
Bridge is the logical choice at left-back and I think Capello will go with him

corzellian
Capello is keen to build morale before England start their campaign against the United States on 12 June and revealed he will discuss recent off-field events with his players.

"The World Cup is really important for me, for England and for the players," he explained. "We have to stay together and compact in every moment. I think this will be my most important job - to recreate this spirit.

"After four months, we will meet the players next week and it will be a very important game for many reasons. One is also this [situation].

"We will talk about a lot of things because four months is a long time. If you can meet the players every month it is different. We will have two days to stay together but they are very strong days."

Capello is confident that Cole, his first choice left-back, will be fit for the World Cup finals but says Bridge will deputise until then.

"I spoke with Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti and our doctors spoke with Chelsea's doctors," added Capello. "We hope he will be fit in two months more or less and I think he will be ready for the World Cup.

"Wayne Bridge? Why not? He is a left-back. Cole and Bridge are the best left-backs."

I've already admitted that losing the captaincy hurt but that's in the past and all I want to do now is move forward and carry on giving my best for England

England defender John Terry
There had been suggestions Bridge was considering his international future because he might be unwilling to play alongside Terry but Capello stated: "No, he will be with us. No problems about the other things."

It will be interesting to see if say, lampard or gerrard or shrek are embroiled in a controversy between now and the summer what happens

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 pm 

[color="White"]Cooooooooooderrrreeeeedddddddddd[/color]