Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:47 am 
slart wrote:
Bono has said his piece. He seems to think that cameras would be a good idea as it would help the ref make better decisions.

He also thinks these cameras would be useful for crowd control.

It is obvious this twat has only ever been in a football stadium when he has been bellowing out his shallow songs and shouting about Amnesty and saving the world.

He can piss off.

Is there anyone who actually likes Bono? How can he not see* that everyone thinks he's a twat?

*Might explain the sunglasses I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:53 am 

Maybe his coke dealer likes him?

Any of mates who like footy think that the matter is now closed and that we won't be going to the World Cup.

The only ones who are still spouting shite are the ones who haven't got a clue about football - ie Bono, Brian "Biffo" Cowan and the FAI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:56 am 

Nup, not having it. It's a noun. If I can be 'tired of....' I can equally be 'bored of....'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 am 
slart wrote:
Maybe his coke dealer likes him?

Any of mates who like footy think that the matter is now closed and that we won't be going to the World Cup.

The only ones who are still spouting shite are the ones who haven't got a clue about football - ie Bono, Brian "Biffo" Cowan and the FAI.

Exactly. Anyone with the slightest understanding of football would know that this cannot and will not happen. There are a number of reasons why a game might, in extreme circumstances, be replayed. Refereeing error is not one of them, nor should it be. Give Ireland a place in the World Cup finals now and you would be signing football's death warrant. The rags would never lose a game again because every time they did, red nose would be dwn the FA getting the game replayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Is there anyone who actually likes Bono? How can he not see* that everyone thinks he's a twat?

*Might explain the sunglasses I guess.

nope I like bono well based on the only time i met him, seemed like any ordinary bloke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:59 pm 

I'd prefer Bono if he just sang songs, gave some of his money to charities on the quiet like other more dignified celebs and face-palmed cameras when getting snapped outside restaurants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:09 pm 

When I was 13 Bono asked me if I wanted his autograph. It was at a festival and I was watching Rory Gallagher jam with Phil Lynott.

I told him to fuck off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:16 pm 

Location: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in
slart wrote:
When I was 13 Bono asked me if I wanted his autograph. It was at a festival and I was watching Rory Gallagher jam with Phil Lynott.

I told him to fuck off.

I didnt even know the word fuck existed when I was 13.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:20 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I'd prefer Bono if he just sang songs, gave some of his money to charities on the quiet like other more dignified celebs and face-palmed cameras when getting snapped outside restaurants.

???

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:36 pm 

yeah, that and

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
yeah, that and

giant hand :D

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm 

Location: Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in
Danny's Studs wrote:
yeah, that and

what you cant tell from that picture is someone was shining a torch in her eyes and thats why her hands are up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:57 pm 

Aside from his recent stupid comments on Football.... I don't have a problem with Bono. If he wants to help 3rd world countries or whatever, good luck to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:38 pm 
Kubrick wrote:
Aside from his recent stupid comments on Football.... I don't have a problem with Bono. If he wants to help 3rd world countries or whatever, good luck to him.

Yes but does he have to tell everyone about it again and again ad infinitum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:39 pm 
I am genuinely amazed that we found 2 people on the forum who like Bono. I wouldn't have believed it possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:55 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Yes but does he have to tell everyone about it again and again ad infinitum.

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but isn't that the idea? He's exploiting his celebrity status, he says so himself. Don't get me wrong, it can be annoying. I change the channel. Don't like his face? Don't like his music? Fine, but as far as I can tell.... he is actually trying to do something good. Sorry for sounding uncool here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:59 pm 
Kubrick wrote:
I don't know the ins and outs of it, but isn't that the idea? He's exploiting his celebrity status, he says so himself. Don't get me wrong, it can be annoying. I change the channel. Don't like his face? Don't like his music? Fine, but as far as I can tell.... he is actually trying to do something good. Sorry for sounding uncool here.

I don't think you're being uncool. I just don't happen to agree with the way he goes about things. In fact I think he is exploiting the 3rd world for his own ends. The fact that, in theory he is also helping them is a point worth remembering, but his preaching at others, without his wealth, is really obscene. This is part of a bigger picture though. Those with money and power seem to think that those without money and power should be the ones to sort everything out.

Perhaps saint Bono might actually do some good if he paid taxes like everyone else instead of fucking off to a tax free life and telling me I should be doing more to help the sick and the poor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:22 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I don't think you're being uncool. I just don't happen to agree with the way he goes about things. In fact I think he is exploiting the 3rd world for his own ends. The fact that, in theory he is also helping them is a point worth remembering, but his preaching at others, without his wealth, is really obscene. This is part of a bigger picture though. Those with money and power seem to think that those without money and power should be the ones to sort everything out.

Perhaps saint Bono might actually do some good if he paid taxes like everyone else instead of fucking off to a tax free life and telling me I should be doing more to help the sick and the poor.

Fair enough. Perhaps Bono doesn't get on the airwaves as much where I am, so he doesn't get on my nerves as much.

As for paying taxes. I could be wrong but I think U2 pays tax in Holland. I imagine that's to minimise tax owed if they were paying up in Ireland. Hardly out of the ordinary for a big business (that's pretty much what they are).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15