Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:26 pm 

Oh yeh, the old 'deny by deferring blame' tactic. Brilliant. That cunt is fucking high if he thinks anyone would agree with that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 pm 

Their failure to admit responsibility for what happened is almost worse than what actually happened on the day. Neanderthal fans, kids losing their heads and management being bad losers is one thing, but politicians coming out and refusing to accept any blame days afterwards, despite the mountain of evidence, is downright pathetic. You have to wonder about the mentality of the country as a whole.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm 

I don't think their mentality was ever in question, a history of racism, blood shed and hatred seems unlikely to end any time soon.

I have never seen it but 'A Serbian film' might well be more reality than fiction. Well done President Nikolic. What a guy. :hand:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm 

Be careful British are still today know as Hooligans, and it was often a small minority.

They should accept blame and do more mind.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm 

Tom Ince and Steven Caulker named as England U-21 players charged with violent conduct in Serbia. Details soon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:25 am 

Heads up,U21 euros KO today with England playing Italy (7:30pm) and it all kicks off with Israel playing Norway(5pm).

Few players to maybe look out for both for Spain and have been linked with, Isco and Thiago Alcantra.

Group A England, Israel, Italy, Norway
Group B Spain, Holland, Germany,Russia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:18 pm 

Israel 1 Norway 0 Nir Biton from the spot.

1-1 25 mins gone

44 mins Norway down to 10 men

70 mins 2-1 Israel.

2-2 90 mins

Last edited by Gallagheresque on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:28 pm 

England: Butland, Clyne, Caulker, Dawson, Robinson, Henderson, Lowe, Shelvey, Redmond, Sordell, Wickham

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 pm 

Todays games are Spain V Russia and Holland V Germany. 5pm Spains clash 7:30 for Holland.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:44 am 

David Bernstein, the soon-to-depart Football Association chairman, has defended Roy Hodgson's decision to deny Stuart Pearce the services of the most talented England Under-21 players for this month's European Championship finals.

England crashed out of the tournament in Israel after losing their first two matches, which prompted Pearce, the Under-21 manager, to claim that the teams that arrive without their best players "will go home early". Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck and Kyle Walker would have been eligible for the Under-21 side but were all included in the original squad Hodgson named for the senior team's friendlies with the Republic of Ireland and Brazil.

Although Bernstein said he understood Pearce's frustration and admitted that the FA will review its approach to international tournaments in the wake of England's "very disappointing" performances in Israel, the FA chairman made it clear that he fully supported Hodgson. Bernstein said the senior team is the priority and described the 2-2 draw at the Maracanã, where Oxlade-Chamberlain scored, as a "dry run" for next summer's World Cup finals

Absolute bullshit that is, it's a European championship for their age group and should have gone to Israel. Pretty sure they would have liked to be European champions than go to a meaningless friendly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:23 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
David Bernstein, the soon-to-depart Football Association chairman, has defended Roy Hodgson's decision to deny Stuart Pearce the services of the most talented England Under-21 players for this month's European Championship finals.

England crashed out of the tournament in Israel after losing their first two matches, which prompted Pearce, the Under-21 manager, to claim that the teams that arrive without their best players "will go home early". Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck and Kyle Walker would have been eligible for the Under-21 side but were all included in the original squad Hodgson named for the senior team's friendlies with the Republic of Ireland and Brazil.

Although Bernstein said he understood Pearce's frustration and admitted that the FA will review its approach to international tournaments in the wake of England's "very disappointing" performances in Israel, the FA chairman made it clear that he fully supported Hodgson. Bernstein said the senior team is the priority and described the 2-2 draw at the Maracanã, where Oxlade-Chamberlain scored, as a "dry run" for next summer's World Cup finals

Absolute bullshit that is, it's a European championship for their age group and should have gone to Israel. Pretty sure they would have liked to be European champions than go to a meaningless friendly.

Quite right

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:24 am 

Isco looked fucking amazerballs last night, I can't believe we're 'not interested' in him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:38 pm 

4:30 Spain V Norway in the semis, followed by Italy V Holland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:22 pm 

I do hope we sign Isco, the kid is gonna be world class.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:15 pm 

Just scored a wonder goal, sign him the fuck up. If we don't when he's going round saying Pellegrini is his footballing father we're missing a fucking big trick.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:25 pm 

Gotta do everything to get Isco and i mean everything, also that Morata ain't a bad player either, lets just go Spanish!!!

fuckin LOL, U*d fans shitting it!!

Multazam Hanafi ‏@MultazamHanafi 13h

Isco don't go on and ruin your career at manchester city, look at all their players and how idiotic they can be. #mufc #mcfc #shitty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Just scored a wonder goal, sign him the fuck up. If we don't when he's going round saying Pellegrini is his footballing father we're missing a fucking big trick.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:31 pm 

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 13h
BREAKING: I can confirm Isco has agreed terms with Manchester City and is set to sign after the U21s.

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 13h

As of now, Isco will be a Manchester City player. I doubt Real Madrid will change his mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:40 am 

is it on the OS or just some spurious twitter bollocks?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 am 

I want him. I want him bad.

Quote:
Malaga midfielder Isco has confirmed that Manchester City and Real Madrid are the two clubs to make offers for his services.

The Spain Under-21 international had already confirmed that he had a decision to make over his future, and has now moved to confirm the identity of the suitors.

Isco has had an impressive season at Malaga, scoring nine league goals and helping his side qualify for the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League.

His club form has also recently been reflected on the international stage, with the attacking midfielder one of the stand-out players at the European Under-21 Championship in Israel, with Spain through to Tuesday's final.

"There are two propositions on the table," Isco said: "I hope to decide soon because I still have a contract with Malaga.

"I know that both Manchester City and Real Madrid are great clubs. I want that whatever happens will be the best for me and Malaga."

New Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini worked with Isco last season at Malaga, and the Spaniard admitted that this could aid the Premier League club's approach.

"It is true that I already know Pellegrini. I know how he works and he has been fundamental in my career," he added.

"It is a point in favour that we have already been together but it is not definitive."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next