Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:07 am 

Yeah, Jimmy Bullard plays off a handicap of 4 in golf... Which is pretty good considering how little practice they get during the season. I read in a magazine that he could quite easily go on professional tour after he hangs up his boots. Pretty impressive... Makes you feel sick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:13 am 

The difference between most other countries and England is the fact that we cannot control and look comfortable on the ball. Holland, Croatia, Spain and even Italy (with a substandard performance), can hold the football better than we can. With us, the ball is like a hot spud, and they can't wait to get rid of it.

that's why we'll never be any good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:16 am 

a.b devilliers plays for south africa, and he has a handicap of 3 in golf and could've represented his nation at hockey and tennis but chose cricket. just sows some guys are just natural sportsmen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
Have to disagree slightly, timps. spain look great going forward, but their back line doesn't impress me. casillas in goal is certainly class though.
then again, their attacking style would probably keep England overly occupied for the whole 90 minutes.
as someone once said: attack is the best form of defence.
was that Kevein Keegan? :D

the thought of villa and torres running at rio and terry makes me feel unwell

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 am 

Timpblue wrote:
the thought of villa and torres running at rio and terry makes me feel unwell

Spain would be frightened of England with Lampard in the side as he can shoot from anywhere.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:23 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
Spain would be frightened of England with Lampard in the side as he can shoot from anywhere.

:D:p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:24 am 

Frank Blue wrote:
Spain would be frightened of England with Lampard in the side as he shoots from anywhere.

fixed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
The difference between most other countries and England is the fact that we cannot control and look comfortable on the ball. Holland, Croatia, Spain and even Italy (with a substandard performance), can hold the football better than we can. With us, the ball is like a hot spud, and they can't wait to get rid of it.

that's why we'll never be any good.

Totally agree Bassy, we never look comfortable on the ball and if we can't get anywhere after 3 or 4 passes then it gets lumped forward which is brilliant when you're aiming at Owen, Rooney and Defore all of which are about 5ft 10.

Says a lot about the lack of movement from the midfield to be able to create space and be able to receive the ball from the back four and then be able to play it to each other and the forwards.

Yes we might have some of the supposedly best players in the world but they can't play together at all and its been the same for quite a few years which is worrying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:21 pm 

there was an interesting piece in 442 a while ago about technical ability - and it made me watch games a bit closer

Good technical players, Fabregas etc, will accept the ball side on - so that as the ball is coming under control they can look up and asses space and the different types of pass available really quickly. Players with less technical ability will face the ball and have to have two touches whilst they look up - thus losing time and are closed down quicker.

This is true - watch Fwank or Gerrard or even Rooney - they face the ball when it is passed to them. Then watch the next Spain game, it's totally different

Aguero

Post subject: Re: Crap England
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:41 pm 

Looks like Fat Sam's on his way out of the job before even managing at Wembley.

Shouldn't laugh, but
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:50 pm 

He's gone.

most successful England manager of all time Mancini a candidate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:52 pm 

That is hilarious. Fat Sam's dodgy as fuck, I remember years ago he was up to some fraud involving son. Hate him and couldn't give two shits about England so basically

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:02 pm 

Southgate to take over our next 4 games, which include a Wc qualifier against Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:34 pm 

Fucking lol..and then some.
What a mong.
fat :character-spamguy:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:49 am 

Stranger than fiction. England are a laughing stock.

Can the journos be done for entrapment?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:14 am 

Arsene Wengers name being banded around this morning, not sure how i'd feel about that tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:07 pm 

If he was allowed to go at the whole set up - from the coaching of small kids to the first team - then it would be a masterstroke. The way we coach football in this country is lamentably last century, and that's why english kids and the england team as a result underperform at the top level.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:38 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
If he was allowed to go at the whole set up - from the coaching of small kids to the first team - then it would be a masterstroke. The way we coach football in this country is lamentably last century, and that's why english kids and the england team as a result underperform at the top level.

Brutal :eek:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:19 pm 

Fat :character-spamcan: .
Tbf he finished england with 100 percent record.
Not too shabby.. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm 

Tbh i wouldn't have minded if they kept him on. He's the manager the team deserves and he knows what he can get out of the players. Get in a competent continental player and he'll be wondering why most of the team play like terrified schoolchildren.